Are you a Marvel or a DC comic fan?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by luka82, Mar 24, 2011.

1. luka82

Gold Member

Who are your favorite heroes?

I love the X Men, and everything about them! :biggrin1: Personally, I`m not a big DC comic`s fan!

2. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

DC all the way. I read plenty of both, but overall I enjoy DC more.

3. lms28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I grew up collecting Marvel, almost exclusively X-Men - definitely my favorite. Lately I've been buying a lot of graphic novels and a bunch of them have been DC - almost all Batman titles. I guess I see something to like in both companies. Very excited for all the superhero/comic book movies due out this year.

4. Mooner_007

Mooner_007 New Member

Albums:
    I'm getting a headache thinking about this..

The comics I would read when I was younger were mostly DC (Batman, Nightwing, JLA, Young Justice) Spiderman and the X-Men were always my favorites from Marvel.

Movies wise... DC needs to step it up! Hopefully the Green Lantern film helps them out.. Batman is a really great character, but I want to see something else! Marvel is doing great with their films. I wonder if the new The Amazing Spider-Man movie is going to end with Tony Stark saying, "What do you think about joining a team?" Since Spiderman is part of The Avengers.

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm getting kind of addicted to Marvel because of their iPad app. Freaking gorgeous.

6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

DC carries Vertigo Comics.... so i guess DC

7. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    More of a Marvel fan here.

The only DC superhero that I follow is Batman.

8. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am totally a Marvel fan. I pretty much exclusively read Marvel comics as a kid. By the time I discovered DC comics, I realized that they had some good titles but still left me yearning for Marvel.

9. Shagtastic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a DC man myself.

It's cliché, but honestly my favorite superhero always has been, and will be, Superman. For his abilities and for what he stands for. I also admire the fact he does not lie, which I do my best to live by as well.

-- Shagtastic

10. D_Principle Pumped

D_Principle Pumped New Member

dc especially with v for vendetta and watchmen, also batman

11. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Marvel. I started with the X-men as a kid, my favorite forever. But my second favorite during that time was DC's Legion of Superheroes. And when they got those sexy, (homo)erotic, new costumes I thought my eyes were gonna pop out of my head! Cosmic Boy!!! Shadow Lass!! Princess Projectra!! Dream Girl!!! Element Lad!!!!

I definitely liked the group comics best. Although, for awhile I really got into Daredevil (Elektra rocks!!!). My all-time favorite character: Marvel Girl/Phoenix. Followed by Storm when the new group appeared.

However, the Watchmen series was absolutely addictive when it debuted and I was glad the movie stayed true to the original. I have a bit of hard time with all the liberties taken by movie screenplays with original story-lines and inter-character associations, but I get it and they keep getting better.

Lovin' the new Mighty Avengers cartoon series can't wait for the new season. Anybody know anything?

MMM :151:
    Q

Oh, and Great Thread! Thanks

12. ronin001

Gold Member

Albums:
    I grew up reading Marvel Comics, but I have started to purchasing more DC in the last few years, So i guess I go both ways now

13. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Marvel has better art but DC has much better plot lines. Marvel is too conveluted with the various X-Men and Spider-Man story lines. I totally lost interest with Peter Parker when they retroactively gave him his secret identity back via Mephisto. When he came out of the closet as Spider-Man I thought that was the best story EVER!! Then they screwed it up. Having him join the Fantastic Four to take the place of Johnny Storm when he was killed in the Negative Zone is fi ally giving Peter a chance to shine but it's still a long way to go to make for how they screwed him up.

Sklar

14. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:

Spiderman is part of the Avengers?? Must've happened LOOONG after I stopped reading them. In my day, Spidey would've sooner preferred choking on a ham sammitch before joining some group.

I read 'em both. Many Marvel and select D.C. (Green Lantern, Flash, Atom, JLA...). Wasn't into Batman or Superman (we're talking long before this "Dark Knight" and Darkseid stuff).

15. Pitbull

Gold Member

Pitbull thinks the choices should be between Scooby-Doo, Marmaduke and Underdog.
    Woof Woof

(Back when I used to buy comics - Marvel)

16. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love both companies but if I had to choose I would pick DC. Marvel's only draw for me now is X-Men. With DC I have Supergirl, Legion of Super Heroes, The Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and The Outsiders

17. dlfellow

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i still don't think Johnny's dead.i'll bet the next big FF story arc will be the return of Johnny Storm.he'll either be some negative zone bug-like hybrid or something else.but i really think he'll come back.i can't wait for Steve Rogers to get the shield back from Bucky/Winter Soldier.

18. dlfellow

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i'd have to say both..being that i grew up in the golden age of comics.there were sooo many great runs on the heroes that i've read from both companies.
    DC with the Teen Titans,Leigon of Superheroes,Vigilante,Watchmen,The Dark Knight Returns,Crisis,Man Of Steel.and i love the Vertigo line of books..Scalped being my favorite one right now(i miss Preacher though)

and with Marvel i love just about every character ever created(even Howard the Duck)i think Brian Michael Bendis doesn't write superheroes well(Powers and Torso were the shit!!)but the lesser known characters are written really well.and even though space dimension wise DC has the bigger universe,i highly suggest comic fans check out the cosmic books such as Annhilation and Gaurdians of the Galaxy from Marvel.

19. dlfellow

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Green Lantern is sooo good right now.i can't wait for the War of the Green Lanterns this month.
    Wonder Woman..i'm kinda on the fence on right now,to me this story arc is kinda draggin.i'm only stickin' it out because i'm a fan of JMS' work.
    i'm loving his take on Superman though.

20. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

From now and always, since 1982, MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!:biggrin:
    Spidey rules!!

Draft saved Draft deleted