Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC.

From an older thread,
Despite being a die hard Wolverine fan I'm giving the nod to DC

I think The Watchmen alone earns them that.

Besides which I never would have discovered The X-Men and Wolverine if it hadn't been for the crossover issues of The Teen Titans & X-Men.

I still want to be Starfire.

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

WillyLong

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DC Primarily, Long Live the Legion!
Marvel Secondary, Avengers Assemble!
I pretty much stopped buying comics due to the price and the lack of continuity.
I will buy the videos and I'm looking forward to seeing Green Lantern and the Thor movie.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Between the two of them, I would pick Marvel.

When I was a small child, I loved Marvel. My uncle had a large collection, all reprints, of the original Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four and Lee/Dikto Spiderman. I enjoyed reading those old comics all throughout elementary school. In middle school I became interested in DC because they were doing new things. They had a new Green Lantern, a new Superboy and so on. I stayed with DC for long time until I stopped reading comics entirely. Now I read primarily independent comics and Marvel.

I read Marvel now because I have a greater affinity for the classic Marvel characters than the DC ones. They have Hal instead of Kyle, and Superboy is very far removed from the character I liked as a kid, so I have no interest in reading any of their comics.

Spiderman is part of the Avengers?? Must've happened LOOONG after I stopped reading them. In my day, Spidey would've sooner preferred choking on a ham sammitch before joining some group.

Spiderman is on TWO Avengers teams and the Fantastic Four. It is ridiculous.

I like the current FF run, but adding Spidey to the team just comes off as stupid to me.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
DC by far and Superman in particular. I was captivated by him as a very young kid when I would put a towel around my neck and jump off the shed roof. There is still something about seeing that iconic shield that gives me a good feeling.

blkbro510

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a Marvel fan but suddenly I felt they X Men titles were in the endless lope of repeating non creative story lines and I stopped for a year now and I'm not going back to Marvel (has nothing to do with them being sold to Disney) but I've found myself picking up and looking forward to DC comics alot.

D_Asston Kutcher

Account Disabled
Media
Marvel for the most part.

The first and the comic that I still hold dear is Infinity Gauntlet 5. It was the comic that showed me that comics could be more then just a bunch of people in costumes having interpersonal disagreements.
That through them you can enter a new and amazing world.
I still have it's tattered remains in a box somewhere.

Well, anyway I collected Spiderman because I thought it was fun Xmen because I thought it was cool and that's about it. I also like cosmic Marvel. Aside from a few stinkers it's pretty damned awesome.

I also collected DC for Batman and Superman.
The entire concept of Batman is both hilarious and the epitome of adventure comics.

A normal human being focusing and becoming someone who can fight against what seems to be insurmountable odds. It's fantastic.
I also like the Vertigo title Hellblazer for the exact same reasons.

tytnhot

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I grew up collecting DC comics while my brother collected Marvel. It was more like a rivalry thing with him and me. But I did enjoy reading Marvel, DC had my heart and The Legion of super heroes was my favorite, I waited with much anticipation untill the next issue of LSH would hit the stores. I had a big collection though I dont know what happen to it ,but I bet you it would have been worth a fortune today .

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure! I love em both. Wolverine and Hulk are two of my fav characters besides Spawn. I liked the whole Image line. Not sure who they side up with. I love batman comics and superman but haven't read them on forever. Rrading the sandman chronicles now thanks to Nico76.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Urg.

Marvel has x-men, but i haven't kept up in years. But they have Rachel Grey (Summers) who was one of my favorite characters.

DC had teen titans, and they own the vertigo imprint that has Sandman, swamp thing, Hellblazer...

Oooo...DC. Though marvel still holds a place in my heart!

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Still DC though I'm wary of the recent revamps and particularly of the new Superman. I really hate the new costumes - both of the new comics styles and the one for the new movie.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm going to have to say DC I lost a lot respect for with their revamping of all there comics (thanks Flashpoint).

I think how they are revamping Wonder Woman, especially, shows just how far DC has gone from how/why the character was created.

Whenever they do something like this, it shows a lack of creativity on the part of the writers. For comics to charge $2.99 per issue and say Fuck it! To decades of history and lore shows just how little the company thinks about their long time customers and readers.

Sklar

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Phew, finally a thread where I can post this image that is relevant to both dicks and comics. Been burning a hole in my HDD for some time now. :tongue:

The currency of the internet: spend it well! :cool:
That's a freakin' riot there, allcreamnosugar.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I'm going to have to say DC I lost a lot respect for with their revamping of all there comics (thanks Flashpoint).

I think how they are revamping Wonder Woman, especially, shows just how far DC has gone from how/why the character was created.

Whenever they do something like this, it shows a lack of creativity on the part of the writers. For comics to charge $2.99 per issue and say Fuck it! To decades of history and lore shows just how little the company thinks about their long time customers and readers.

Sklar

Right? Tell a good story and nobody will care that the hero wears his underwear outside his pants.

Whoops! My geek fell out again.

*tucks it back in and walks away a little red faced*