Are you a morning person?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can be an any-time-of-day person, it just depends on how much sleep I've gotten. As long as I've had at least 8 hours, I can wake up at pretty much anytime... but I DO have a hard time waking up when it's dark out, regardless of how much sleep I've had.

Damn melatonin.

I even hate the term "Good Morning"; and the morons that use it past noon.

More obnoxious still are the people who abbreviate it to, "Morning!" in the most sadistically cheery manner possible.

OBVIOUSLY IT'S MORNING YOU MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

What do you expect me to do in return?? Parrot the word back to you to confirm?

Sorry, I have a miserable headache and have had it all morning and I think it's turning into a migraine. I need to go.

It's a tyranny. The morning people run everything.

Who was the asshole who decided morning pre-work day meetings were just the dandiest thing to come down the pike?? "Hey, let's all get together at 7am (because I'm awake then) at my favorite eco-friendly vegan muesli (twigs and pebbles served by militant lesbians) restaurant (which is just down the street from me and has no parking, but far from all of you underlings) so we can discuss the new plans?! Isn't that a great idea? Wait! Better still, let's make it 6:30am so we don't feel rushed).

Right now the only country that's run by night people is Spain. Let's hope the next Spanish government champions the rights of night people and leads a worldwide rebellion!
VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Right now the only country that's run by night people is Spain. Let's hope the next Spanish government champions the rights of night people and leads a worldwide rebellion!

VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!!

So maybe it is genetic. My ancestors come from Spain.

I shall offer an anecdote to illustrate how much of a morning person I am:

When getting a coffee at 8am I opened a creamer, poured the cream in the trash and dropped the plastic container into my coffee.

:biggrin1: That reminds me when I woke up one morning and went into the bathroom, lifted the lid, peed and then became angry I couldn't find the handle. At that point I realized I had just peed in the hamper.

Any time I've been in Spain everybody is up and going about their business at 7am - but then they shut down from 12 til 3 cos it's too fucking hot to do anything. If that were the case where I am I might be more of a morning person myself.

Ah, but they stay up late because they know they're going to get a nice long nap in the afternoon, just as we're apparently genetically programmed to. I think it's a brilliant system.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

FUCKING MORNINGS!!

WHY DOES THE SUN HAVE TO GET UP SO FUCKING EARLY?

FUCKING BIRDS GET UP TOO FUCKING EARLY AND WHY DO THE LITTLE BASTARDS SCREAM THEIR HEADS OFF OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW?

AND YOU MIGHT PRESS MORNING WOOD AGAINST MY BUTT CRACK BUT IF YOU DON'T HEED THE WARNING SNARL YOU RISK LIFE AND LIMB IF YOU CONTINUE.

FUTURE RELATIONS ARE VERY DEPENDANT UPON TWO CUPS OF STRONG ESPRESSO BEING OFFERED UP BY THE SUPPLICANT.

NO SHARP MOVEMENTS, EYE CONTACT OR NOISES OF ANY SORT(THIS INCLUDES TALK) ARE ADVISABLE UNTIL BOTH CUPS ARE CONSUMED.

ABCB11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yep. I'm a morning person. Most days I'm up at 5:00 for a couple hours in the horse barns and my 10k run, then off to my day of work. Usually get to sleep about 2:00 or so.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think my being a morning person comes from my years of working as a registered nurse in a hospital.......Shift starts at 7am......and that means ready for "anything" at 7am....no time to drink coffee, read the paper etc.....Emeregncies are NOT conveniently scheduled to when we are most alert!

BJH

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definitely not a morning person. I'm a night owl. I don't wake up until 11 or 12. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the only exception because I have class at 10, but even then it's still a struggle to get up in the morning.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ah, but they stay up late because they know they're going to get a nice long nap in the afternoon, just as we're apparently genetically programmed to. I think it's a brilliant system.

Couldn't agree more. They get to be night owls and morning people - I spent a short while in Spain and I very quickly got into the rhythm of getting up early and being busy til 12 then lolling about in a hammock for 3 or 4 hours followed by a 5 huor long dinner :biggrin1: and partying til the small hours. It is, as you say, a brilliant system.