Are you a morning person?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I guess I'm a morning person and a night owl. I'm up by 6 during the week, but never go to bed before midnight, often 1 or 2am. I like to run, swim or bike before going to work. On the weekends I'll get up between 8 and 11am depending on what went on the night before.

On Saturday's and Sunday's I'll have an afternoon nap on the couch around 4pm. I guess it makes up for the lack of sleep during the week.

I use to be a real bitch in the mornings.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have no choice but to be a morning person. I am awake by 4 every morning (after 4-5 hours of sleep).

Take a 2 hour nap in the afternoons most days.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Definite night owl here. And it is easier for my body to adjust to night shift jobs than to day shift jobs. I still prefer day shift jobs because I like to be on a similar schedule to the majority of people. That way I can have a life outside of work.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rise and shine, it's 3:30 a.m.! That is my usual awakening time-up before sunrise, an hour of light exercise, prepare a light breakfast, say my prayers, shower, listen to some music, check the news-radio, television and Internet- then on to the day. Maybe it's from being born in a different time zone and after 48 years I haven't quite adjusted my internal clock yet.

I need to be awake by 4:00 a.m. or my day is off. Every so often I make the mistake of sleeping past 6 and I just feel out of it the entire day. At night, I go to sleep between 10:00 p.m. and a little past 11, it varies according to what is on the news or if I am engrossed in a book at that time. Five or six hours of sleep tends to be more than enough; unless, I am feeling ill.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not now nor have I ever been a morning person. I actually get a little angry if I have to be up and out of the house before the sun. I feel that is unnatural and goes against the will of God. :biggrin1: :cool:

Morning people should be beaten to death with a stick....(in the afternoon and after coffee)
I quite agree.

That's just sick, excuse me while I reach for my barf bag. hahahaha :biggrin1:
When I encounter someone like you in the morning I'm positively evil. Same here. I love you darling, at any other time but in the morning. If you're that chipper in the morning I'm sure I'd find you vile and I'd use my evil mood to make you go away. :mad::wink:

:redface::biggrin1:I am a morning person..... :biggrin1::smile:
Of course you are, the early riser gets to sniff the most ass. :tongue:

I shall offer an anecdote to illustrate how much of a morning person I am:
When getting a coffee at 8am I opened a creamer, poured the cream in the trash and dropped the plastic container into my coffee.
ROFLMAO About 8 years ago on a business trip I was so groggy in the morning, I almost brushed my teeth with Monistat 7 instead of Crest. I stopped just short of my mouth because I remembered my toothpaste was blue not white

thoreau

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have actually yelled at people for no particular reason in the first few moments of being awake in the early morning. I can be very grumpy. It's best not to even talk to me for at least 30min after I get out of bed.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a morning person. I got used to getting up 5:45am for years that I can't sleep late, even if I go to bed late, which hardly ever happens anymore. Gone are those days of staying in bed until 10am. I'm never in bed later than 8am on the weekends.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
ROFLMAO About 8 years ago on a business trip I was so groggy in the morning, I almost brushed my teeth with Monistat 7 instead of Crest. I stopped just short of my mouth because I remembered my toothpaste was blue not white

lololol...hilarious.

i went totally apeshit on a woman once when i had to wake up at 6am to make it to an exam. i was already tired the night before from studying and she had the nerve to honk as soon as the light turned green! i didn't even get a chance to put my foot on the pedal when she honked out of sheer inpatience. i got out my car and screamed "FUCK YOU!" like 5 times. lol..i was shaking and screaming like a lunatic and basically scared her stiff. i don't think i've ever been that insane before.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a mass of contradictions. I love the early morning, if I happen to actually be up. Also, I do my best work in the morning. However, my problem is that I hate to go to bed. Somewhere around 11PM, I start feeling like I have to accomplish something. So I end up staying up too late, like maybe 2AM. Then I get up late and feel stupid about it.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Aratron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am not. If I had it my way I would never wake up before 10 A.M. I like staying up late too. Unfortunately I have to wake up at 4:30 A.M. to go to work.

I am like you... When I don't have classes or work I always wake up at 12pm/1pm :redface:. This month I have to wake up at 5:15 am to go to work and it's really tough when you're used to wake up late

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, and I have always been that way. At least I can remember and my parents have remarked that on long trips at night I would still be watching what was happening and where we were going while we were driving, one particular memory I have is from about the age of 6. I didn't want to miss anything.

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love mornings! They are quiet. There are not too many people out. They are very peaceful. It is when they are over and everything picks up that I go to sleep :) I hate mornings if I have to wake up to them, though.

dedrewm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am NOT a morning person...never was. I have missed soo much work because I can never wake up! I love to sleep and LOVE my dreams!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not. If I had it my way I would never wake up before 10 A.M. I like staying up late too. Unfortunately I have to wake up at 4:30 A.M. to go to work.

On the weekends I usually sleep until 8 A.M. or later.

I think it may be genetic. I just woke my parents up with a phone call and it's 10 A.M. here. They are both retired and like to stay up late, I guess.

I have an odd schedule. I don't require more than a couple hours of sleep a night if I even get that much. I'm more of a Night/Morning person. I started work at 5 AM for 5 years. Which meant getting up a bit after 3 because I had almost an hours drive to work.

In grade school and HS, I use to get up and do my homework in the very early morning. Just was easier after a couple of hours of sleep. I also got use to dragging my ass out of bed in the middle of the night to respond to ambulance calls on my pager. That I did for nearly 9 years. No point being a grump in the morning.