Are you a morning person?

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As I’ve grown older I’ve tended to go to bed later and get up later though not requiring so much sleep in between. In comparison, when younger, I was always up with the lark and most mornings would go for a 10k run before work. That set me up for the day, with my body on auto-pilot I could think clearly, planning my day or working out some complicated plot for a piece I was writing. It was quite a contrast being on a commuter train later along with blurry eyed passengers who looked like they could nod off at the drop of a hat while I sat bright eyed and bushy tailed full of energy and raring to go. I also had some of my best sex first thing in the morning, never failing to wake up with a woodie. I still get the woodie, but most times my wife has gone to work before I wake up!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
no. not a morning person.

life long insomniac, if i am sleeping it's best to leave me sleeping.

acceptable reason to wake the mickey bear:
1. sex
2. pancakes and coffee - caffeine can save your life.
3. the house is on fire - if the bed is not smoldering let me sleep.

ml
morning person: good morning!
mickey: fuck off *fumbles for blunt object to ward off early AM cheer.*

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can be a morning person if I get a good nights sleep. In the past I have been up at 3:30 in the morning and on a flight to LA on a 7:00 am flight. In time to get to the office late and put in a long work day. Subsequently on the return flight I have taken the red eye home to get back to NY at 8:00 in the morning and spend a normal day. But that's f***ed up I hate doing that!
If left to my own devices on the weekends...if the dog lets me sleep until 8:00 and then a few cups of coffee I'm good to go!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Definitely a morning person. I used to get up at five, be at work for six and get most of the day's work done before noon. After that, I could relax for the rest of the day. Now I don't get up so early. My other half is definitely not a morning person so I've had to make concessions. I tried to change him, but bear with a sore head doesn't cover it.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am emphatically NOT a morning person!

Right at this moment i am fervently avoiding taking a shower, because to take a shower means to start my day, and at 9 am, i'd rather be sleeping.

Unfortunately, I have a student to tutor at noon, so i gotta get rolling.

BAH!

Off to the shower i go - grudgingly.