Are You a Musician?

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Had a band, released 3 CDs together an indie labels. Mostly rock and metal stuff, but each song was almost a new style. Now defunct, but we're still talking about recording and releasing singles thru online venues.

I wish I could give the link to our website but I just don't want to connect it to this place... :frown1:

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh novaboy you can come and give me private lessons ANYTIME ;)

Thanks for the compliment, but the Avatar is not me! It's French Canadian singer Roch Voisine (from New Brunswick). It's amazing how much more popular I have become with this avatar!:biggrin1:

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I play the piano tolerably well.
Used to play the trombone, tuba and recorder as well, besides singing in choirs.

I would like to get an electric keyboard and start working on getting some technique back. I'd prefer an acoustic piano, but that won't work very well in the small apartment I'm living in ... so I need to find an electric keyboard whose 'touch' is reasonably close to that of its acoustic brethern.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Roland makes good keyboards as does Yamaha. You would want and electric piano as opposed to a "keyboard" which tend to not be a full 88 keys. The pianos are all touch sensitive. Some Roland models and probably others actually have weighted keys that feel like a real piano. The prices have come way down in the last few years. You can get a basic piano with good sound and few other instrument sounds for under 1000 dollars. They are often available used from people that buy them for their kids who then have no interest in learning to play.

Novaboy

charlypan47

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi all, started studying classic piano with 7, had my first band with twelve, learned to play base guitar and drums, was leadsinger in my band. From there I grew up and had several bands in almost all styles of music, but my favorite was always good Rock music. We recorded a couple of singles and one LP, many years ago, one song became a world hit.