Are you a Pack Rat?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you have to keep everything, and is your place a mess due to this fact?

or Do you have to discard everything and sometimes throw out important things like instructions or packaging material, or CD roms that you later need?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a mixture, when its things like clothes and shoes I have loads and loads and still can't stop getting more, but when its things I don't have much interest in I'm prone to throw them out just because I can't be bothered putting them away. When it's instruction leaflets they invariably end in the bin and I rely on my son being an electrical whizz kid to sort them out when I cock them up by messing as I always do.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I'm a mixture, when its things like clothes and shoes I have loads and loads and still can't stop getting more, but when its things I don't have much interest in I'm prone to throw them out just because I can't be bothered putting them away. When it's instruction leaflets they invariably end in the bin and I rely on my son being an electrical whizz kid to sort them out when I cock them up by messing as I always do.

I'm a digital packrat. I download all the time. I delete most of it, but I have tons of data stored.

As for material things, I'm not a pack rat at all. It's easier to throw things out than to clean them or worry about them.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am a pack rat, so much so that I re-buy things that I don't know if I have or not, because I can't find them. (Small things like light bulbs and soap) My sister is the opposite, she had an answering machine that she did not know how to record an incoming message on because the instructions were thrown out right away. I am trying to change my messy ways.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love throwing stuff away and have regreted doing so at times but it won't stop me. I don't understand those people who have to keep the boxes things came in!!! I only keep instructions for things that are complicated but mostly throw them away. All my paperwork goes in one concertina file. I hate untidiness and clutter!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love throwing stuff away and have regreted doing so at times but it won't stop me. I don't understand those people who have to keep the boxes things came in!!! I only keep instructions for things that are complicated but mostly throw them away. All my paperwork goes in one concertina file. I hate untidiness and clutter!

I even scan the instructions to save to my lalptop then throw the instructions away. Sad I know :wink:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I even scan the instructions to save to my lalptop then throw the instructions away. Sad I know :wink:

I went on a canning binge a few years ago. I have a sloooow scanner and it took alot of time, but I saved alot of space and got rid of a filing cabinet. It's amazing how you can fit an entire filing cabinet into one DVD. I can't wait for Blue Ray burners to become more affordable.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pack rat yes. I still have most of my grade school history notes and all of my college notes. Notes from my paramedic and other classes I have taken.

I have tons of medical records but all of it is in boxes and stored neatly in my mom's barn. All of my other items are there as well!

Though before my last move, I sold and donated most of the baby clothes and equipment I had along with many clothes that I had from over the years. I got rid of probably 1/3 of what I owned of stuff in general.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can usually find instruction manuals for everything on the net, I found some for my landline, my mobile and my washing machine after some reckless fool threw them away :)

I also only have one concertina file for documents, who needs phone bills from ten years ago?

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate untidiness and clutter but I am surrounded by it. I keep everything but can never find anything. I frequently buy things I already have some of because it's easier to find it at the store than in my own home. At the moment I am going through a pile of old newspapers clipping articles before throwing the bulk of them away. Always afraid of not having enough so now I have too much. I think its because my parents were the opposite and used to throw away my stuff without telling me and also there have been a couple of times in my life when I have lost 99% of my belongings and have had to start from scratch. Strangely I am very good at organising other peoples stuff and I know where everything SHOULD be ... Obviously I have a hangup and am too anal ... I think really I just need a really good fuck to cure my uptightness ... if only I could find some guy who can fuck as well as I can :)

BE NICE !!

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
that is disgusting...
packrats are seriously gross..
I have been in so many houses when I was installing things..
That were packrats.. so nasty..
Im talking 20 cats.. stacks of newspapers to the ceiling.. disgusting..
shit all over...
yikes!