Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Recently exwhyzee and I were talking about food. He is a foodie, while I am not. It started with our mutual love of pancakes. Anyway later in the conversation (which was deemed boring, since talking about who has the biggest penis is much more interesting I guess), someone (I don't remember who, but if you know who you are don't worry, it's nothing personal. :tongue:) chimed in that they don't like picky eaters. Then I was asked a series of questions about what I like and dislike. They deemed me 'borderline' picky, or something like that. Boy was I relieved! :rolleyes: Anyway it reminded me how much I hate being a picky eater. If I were a person who was embarrassed easily, it would be embarrassing. I am not, so instead I find it fucking annoying the way people make a big deal out of it. With all those stupid little quips about "special" order, blah blah blah. I honestly have caught a lot of flak for it, to the point where I don't like going to certain restaurants or with certain people. I used to think it might be insulting to the cooks to request it different. I understand that most don't care now, and if they do well fuck them, douches.

Anyway I just felt like saying how annoying it is to be publicly ridiculed (however small, it stacks up) or considered rude for being 'picky', when the reality is I can't help it. It isn't my fault that the taste of a tomato is physically revolting. I don't know if this is the same for those of you with a more 'normal' or wider palette, but for me even if I like everything else in something, that one thing I don't like is almost always so strong that it ruins everything. </small rant>

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a picky eater but for the foods i don't like i am able to eat them as an ingredient of something else. I hate cauliflower for example but love cauliflower cheese grills.
I won't eat chilli con carne if it has kidney beans in it.

Some people have no choice to be picky which is a point too. New potatoes physically make me throw up. A colleague of mine is dairy and wheat and glucose intolerant! A nightmare for her to have to check all her purchased groceries.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I used to be picky (especially as a child - but who wasn't?). At this point I will try just about anything, and I don't ask restaurants to make changes - it's been my observation that the food suffers when you start micromanaging the chef.

I should point out that I don't have any food allergies or sensitivities that I'm aware of, so it's easier for me to be "not picky" than it is for some others. I know people who regularly make 2 or 3 changes to their order in restaurants, and then are surprised/annoyed that the changes aren't correctly implemented. :rolleyes:

ChaoticBliss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can be a picky eater. I think everyone is to a degree. I hate cooked carrots, but I like them raw. I love mustard and ketchup, but can't stand them together. I won't eat anything with beans in it, etc. To each their own, I suppose.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I will not eat the following:

Tripe
Animal feet or organs
prunes or prune juice (thanks to Grandma for obsessing over my "regularity")
Brussel sprouts
sardines (thanks to Dad for the 4 am munchies and smelling them as I woke)
sauerkraut

The following I will eat if it's in a dish but not on its own:
Cauliflower
Cabbage
cooked spinach (love it raw)

Other than that i'm very easy to please and will try anything once.

I tend to avoid preservatives and foods packed with such random junk.

Actually there is a list of things I avoid eating.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I'm a VERY picky eater. There's a lot of things I do not like and most food has to be made in an appealing way for me to eat. If it doesn't look, smell, or taste good, forget it.

My ex complained that I was picky about the food because it meant he couldn't buy it or have help to eat it. Sometimes he wanted to buy something, knowing it would result in leftovers and he would ask if I would eat it and I would often say no, so he would end up not buying it.

But again, I'm very picky when it comes to shoes, clothes, friends and men. I'm pretty much a hard person to please. :/ It's something I have tried to change but I'm pretty set in my ways.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm not picky but am allergic to mushrooms. I also won't eat pork or organ meat. I was raised in a pig farm and now refuse to eat pork of any kind. I will eat just about anything else. I love sushi, sashimi and most fish. I hate over cooked meat, med to med rare is just about perfect. I don't care for dry leather, so well done is just too much. I will try just about anything. My family eats the same things everywhere we go, I never have the same dish twice. I've instilled the same love of food in my daughter, she's willing to try/eat most things.

Media
I am allergic to milk protein. No sausage that may contain lactic acid, no margarine that may contain whey, and certain cultures in soy yogurt and coconut milk yogurt break me out.

Ordering in restaurants is somewhat of a pain at times. Some cooks refuse to baste anything with olive oil instead of butter even when I offer to pay extra.

If I had my druthers, I wish this were not the case. Since it is, I am picky about the restaurants I choose. Members of my family still believe I am just being picky and have asked others in my presence: "Do he really react that badly?" Duh! Any reaction is bad, esp since mine are severe.

One break out that occurred on my shins, took almost two years to heal.

Eat what you enjoy, be healthy, fuck what people think or say. It's your life and your taste buds.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
now i really want pancakes. :frown:

to the iHOP mobile!!! :biggrin1:

on topic edit:

i eat odd foods in odd combinations. like watermelon and garlic chili powder. french fries and chocolate sauce.
*i'm not preggers :redface:

i am weird about textures. some foods are just too smidgy to put in your mouth. blech.

temperature is an issue. i eat most things at room temp.

and i am mono-foodie. i'll eat the same thing for days/weeks. when the jag passes the once beloved food item is now the grossest thing ever.

and i am vegetarian.

yes. i am a picky eater.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a picky eater and enjoy most foods. BUT....

I cannot eat these few which would make me hurl if I was force fed them.

Raw Onions of any kind - absolutely cannot stand them
Bell Peppers raw or cooked
Beef Liver
Sheep's Milk Cheese
Ling Cod (the most vile tasting fish yet I generally enjoy seafood)
Venison

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I eat loads. I have to try almost everything before I decide I don't like it. I'm only picky in the way that I don't want to eat the same stuff every single day.
At home it's convenient to eat potatoes, meat and vegetables. But I like loads of stuff, and I'm sick of eating those things every day.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not a picky eater, but I also only like fresh well prepared food without preservatives. I have enjoyed a wide variety of things from around the world however I will no longer eat any raw meat or fish, brains or any other organs, insects or reptiles. Most things prepared with a certain level of attention and a dash of love turn out to my liking. Not fond of overcooked or undercooked; but have dealt with it in pleasant company.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oysters
Tilapia
Beans of any type except for green beans (cooked beans look just like poop and you can't eat em' raw...)
Beets
Asparagus
Artichokes (I'll eat them every now and then)
Peas (I have been known to eat fresh peas though)
Cute animals like lamb, rabbit and veal
Venison
Pot Roast (gross)
Dark meat chicken
Ribs
Wings
Iceberg lettuce
Most of the tomatoes grown today (they have no taste)
Most sausage unless it's real good (American sausage is just fucking gross)
Hot dogs
Beef Jerky
Cube Steak
Any kind of meat that has a bunch of cartilage, connective tissue and a bunch of nasty fat.
Angelfood cake
White cake
Marzipan and Fondant
Pumpkin pie
Lemon Meringue pie
White pasta
White rice
White bread (besides white wheat, I likee)
Wine
Beer
Champagne
Coffee

Yeah, I'm a picky eater. If I don't like it, I don't eat it.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I don't have to cook it... I'm eating it. Thank you, that was the best **** I ever had!

In truth, I hate picky eaters...and I'm not talking about you people with food allergys, I talking about those who go...ewwwww at food items.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't eat:

Onions
Oily fish
Fruit
Lettuce, cucumber, celery, or anything else that takes like water

I don't drink:

Water

Quite picky really but I've been told I have good skin despite the lack of fruit and veg.

D

deleted3782

I admit I am a food whore. When I travel overseas and I can't read the language, I will just ask the waitstaff to bring their recommendation...or I pick randomly off the menu because I see a word I recognize. Its never failed me. That being said, I don't hold someone's taste against them. Some of my best friends are very picky eaters.

No worries for you pend, just tell anyone who bitches to STFU ... because your dick is awesomer than theirs.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you a 'picky' eater?

No i dont think so
able to consume & digest all & most types of food
never seem to get sick with anything
avoid like the plauge all the Coca Cola type Crap
but then again indulge heartily in Real Nice Chocolate Anythings
biscuits, cake lollies etc etc
BIG Meat eater ( formerly Diks, but now just the usual..)
NOT a believer in 'you must eat yr Greens..eat what ya fckn want' is my motto
oh' beers Prior to the Meal is an appetizer, cant touch the stuff during or after.
enz

and Tripod..sorry excuse me..i was reading happily your post,and thinking ALL these things Tri LOVEs..?? ha

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm picky in that I don't enjoy/appreciate quite a wide variety of food (I'm lookin' at you, sushi et al.) and I'll bitch and moan about everything (too much salt, not enough garlic, moan, moan, bitch, bitch) as I stuff my mouth full of whatever it is I'm bitching about.

I'll try anything once. And then again, and again, and again, even if I dislike it (seems that I always forget how things taste).