Are you a 'picky' eater?

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I eat everything. I've never sent anything back to a kitchen in my life. If you have, you got it back with spit in it. Picky eaters are more likely to be fat, because as they whittle away at all the things they will or will not eat, almost all of the things that they are 'picky' about are the things that are good for them. I find that picky eaters don't eat vegetables... or anything else that is good for them. I find it not a matter of choice (even though it really is), but an lack of maturity. Beyond that, I find picky eaters to be selfish people. I'm sure noe of this will make any difference in anybody's eating habits, just remember, when you are pissing off the people in the kitchen, you will probably get a little extra goo in your meal.
Maybe it doesn't need to be said... I can't stand picky eaters. I wont date them, I wont be friends with them and I will certainly never, ever go to a restaurant with any of them.

Judgmental much? I'd love to see the date backing up your statements about picky eaters. I've NEVER in my life spit in anyone's food who has sent something back while I was serving them. But if you ever came into my restaurant, I'd be willing to make that exception.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I worked for a "restaurant group" (not a chain...NOT A CHAIN we were always told by management...all the individual restaurants were owned by the same guy) for quite a few years. I remember when I was only a few months in, I was sat with a well-dressed man-woman couple (guy in suit, lady in nice dress). I greeted them and offered them something from the bar, and the gentleman replied "not at the moment, but could you send your manager over?"

I was terrified. I thought I must have done something wrong. I asked my manager Gabrielle to stop by the table, and I hung around behind it listening in.

"Good evening. Christopher asked me to stop by. How are we tonight?"

"Oh, we're great. We just came in. You know, I have to say that I really like the feel of this restaurant, the food is great, love the jazz music playing, but why do you have to go and hire so many f**gots?" [I hate that word when str8 people say it]

Gabrielle paused for a moment, and said "We believe in hiring good people with friendly attitudes and an aim-to-please approach. If you are aren't comfortable with our choice in staff, I'd appreciate it if you left the restaurant. Thank you."

Even all these years later, she still scores big in my book. And I guess it goes to show you that trash in a suit or dress is still trash.

:)

I've never been a server, but my mom was and I know other people who are/were. And I've seen things happen. So in my experience, managers are pushovers when it comes to bad customers. Even if they think otherwise, which most of the probably do, they believe that the appropriate behavior is to give them their free meal, and get them out. Unfortunately it can debase the staff unfairly, especially the server who is usually there to hear all of it. I can only assume those are the guidelines for most manager positions and deviating from that could get you fired or in trouble. It's unfortunate how harsh it can be on the already fragile relationship between staff and manager. I think you can get a free meal at least once in just about any restaurant. Assuming it wasn't actually legitimate though you could only get away with it like once or twice before they refuse you service or something like that.

Customers can be so awful though, it can be pretty disgusting. I've got a friend who is a great server. He is always polite, can talk to anyone, knows the ins and outs of it all. He's only gotten one complaint at his current work place. The complaint was about this and this and blah blah, on and he is just so gay. Which means everything else was either a delusion by the person on top of hating gay people, or just hating gay people. It could go either way. He isn't flamingly homosexual or anything. I mean you can tell, but it isn't in your face, and people love him.

I don't know if this is common in other countries, but I think in America there is a serious under appreciation of people in food service industry. I used to go out on half days with some guys for lunch. Big group, 10-12 people usually. None of them tipped! They all had jobs except me too! I tried tip as much as I could but it was never what they deserved and I apologized for them. Fucking assholes. </rant>

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'm the least picky when it comes to eating. i can eat anywhere and i'll try anything once. there's nothing i'm allergic to, which is one of the reasons why i'll eat whatever is in front of me. i also i grew up in a family who immigrated from a third world country and they didn't have much, so they always taught me to be appreciative of food and material things in general.

however, there are a few things i don't eat, but i don't consider myself picky about it. for instance, i don't do cauliflower, coconut, or any kind of sprouts (bean, brussel, alfalfa). but for some odd reason coconut is something i make a rare exception for, i.e. coconut milk in thai food, coconut shrimp, and coconut rum.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
I worked for a "restaurant group" (not a chain...NOT A CHAIN we were always told by management...all the individual restaurants were owned by the same guy) for quite a few years. I remember when I was only a few months in, I was sat with a well-dressed man-woman couple (guy in suit, lady in nice dress). I greeted them and offered them something from the bar, and the gentleman replied "not at the moment, but could you send your manager over?"

I was terrified. I thought I must have done something wrong. I asked my manager Gabrielle to stop by the table, and I hung around behind it listening in.

"Good evening. Christopher asked me to stop by. How are we tonight?"

"Oh, we're great. We just came in. You know, I have to say that I really like the feel of this restaurant, the food is great, love the jazz music playing, but why do you have to go and hire so many f**gots?" [I hate that word when str8 people say it]

Gabrielle paused for a moment, and said "We believe in hiring good people with friendly attitudes and an aim-to-please approach. If you are aren't comfortable with our choice in staff, I'd appreciate it if you left the restaurant. Thank you."

Even all these years later, she still scores big in my book. And I guess it goes to show you that trash in a suit or dress is still trash.

:)

OMG! :eek: i hate people like that!!! :mad: i worked in a restaurant a few summers back, nothing fancy just a casual place, and from time to time we would get assholes coming in making rude comments about our staff too. our staff was diverse--straight, gay, bi, black, white, asian, hispanic, male, female--and for some reason there was always a douchebag who complained, and most of the time it was a man. luckily, like you, i had an awesome general manager and she was never afraid to kick people out for disrespecting the workers :cool: