Are You A Yankee Or A Rebel?

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
53% Dixie, which is interesting as I am in and from the Pacific Northwest (although I live on the south side of my town.)

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
windtalkerways said:
Pecky...is that Jerry Lewis in your avi?

BTW what was the name of the "trio" on his show?
Pecker'll know that one............

:smile: :smile:

WHERE'S MY NEXT QUIZ?
*taps foot impatiently........* :biggrin1:

shymonster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
81% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?

Not surprising at all for originally being from 'Bama.

Trev.

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
14% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

Not surprising, considering I spent most of my life out of the US. There and Georgia. yay.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
37% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

I don't know how meaningful that is, considering that English is not my first language, but whatever... I have to admit that several expressions were unknown to me, I chose the formulation that I felt was more idiomatic to my ear.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
sexycobra said:
37% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

I don't know how meaningful that is, considering that English is not my first language, but whatever... I have to admit that several expressions were unknown to me, I chose the formulation that I felt was more idiomatic to my ear.

it means you've probably never visited South Carolina

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
sexycobra said:
True. How did you know?:thinking: :wink:

cuz i've yet to see anywhere in your posts where you've said any of these:

howdy partner

i reckon

i'm fixin' to

or, ya'll come back now yer hear

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
brainzz_n_dong said:
Prep and I have been "cawt" cheatin off one 'nother...we both scored 86% Dixie. Yee hawww.

As to using Conferderate money, one of my grandparents has a few bills that have been handed down over time. They still have their marbles so they've not gone out trying to spend it...yet.

Congrats Brainzz...that's why we get along so well!

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
GoneA said:
it means you've probably never visited South Carolina

Watch it, I resemble that remark :tongue: Living in SC and working in NC provides an interesting blend of expressions. I was recently in Georgia for a recital and was hosted by some native North Carolinians. They said a typical NC phrase and I knew exactly what they meant. The people from Georgia didn't know what they meant. Even here, the 20 miles across the border means differing expressions and a different accent.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
prepstudinsc said:
Watch it, I resemble that remark :tongue: Living in SC and working in NC provides an interesting blend of expressions. I was recently in Georgia for a recital and was hosted by some native North Carolinians. They said a typical NC phrase and I knew exactly what they meant. The people from Georgia didn't know what they meant. Even here, the 20 miles across the border means differing expressions and a different accent.

HA! nothing against the south - after living in NYC all my life i've grown to appreciate it. i also go south every summer for recreation, as it were. you're right about the differing "expressions and accents" amongst the south as a whole. although that's not so bad, because when i travel south they never know what the heck i'm talking about and dismiss my 'northern accent' as undecipherable and unlearned. :biggrin1::tongue:

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
21% Dixie. Staunch Yankee, even if we moved to California in 1953 when I was 4 years old.

For years I couldn't figure out why we were so different, it wasn't until a girl from New England enrolled in my high school and we got together and compared notes that I realized that we "weren't California normal".

Here is my theory on why native Californians in particular are so different: when the west was being "won"; criminals, lawyers, wacko's and other anti-social elements went west, and reproduced.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
28% Dixie. Hmm--you think having lived 7 years in the south I would have been a greater percentage. I guess I best be fixin' ta get ma shotgun and ma old truck, the one with the biggun's :)