Are you afraid of General Anesthesia?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
[/b][/color][/size][/font]

Nope, not in the least. Though after my last major surgery I did get a staph infection at the incision site. My worry in the past was that they would cut or remove the wrong thing; and now of course I worry about staph infections. :frown1: The general anesthesia is not an issue to me. In fact the only time I have heard of it being a problem is when someone goes to a quack doctor for liposuction.

I believe your mom will be fine. Try and soothe your dad as best you can long distance. Or did you fly back up to New Jersey for this procedure.

No the date for the cataract operation is not set yet. I will be going back for Christmas and hope that it will be done before then. It's normally something that they don't put people out for so I am not worried.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yes it scares me. However a number of years ago I did go under some kind of anesthesia, once, when after a stress test my doctor thought he observed a blockage. He scheduled an angiogram.

I remember laying there - they gave me a shot - they were fooling around with setting up something (imagine their surprise at finding me already shaven down there) and as I was thinking, "Well when are they going to start?" the doctor said, "All done". Don't remember a damn thing.

(btw. turns out there was no blockage).

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a colonoscopy in the past and I think that was general, I thought I was gonna be awake but was out like a light, I think they give you something to wake you back up because like clock work I woke up right after the procedure was over and out of the building in less then 10 minutes. I also had surgery for appendicitis and was awake for that most of the time, they asked me if I was feeling any pain and right when they started saying that I felt them inside me and heard sqwishy noises. When I told them I could feel that they shot something in my IV and I was out in seconds. Do you think you can get that OTC,would be nice.