Are you aging gracefully?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have pretty good genes. My dad looks younger than his age. My mother looked younger too, until she became ill, and that aged her an extra 20 years.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Going by genetics, gracefully.
My mother did not have her first and only wrinkle until she was n her late 50's, one grandmother, only had crowes feet, the other never had a wrinkle her whole life, she died in her 80s, and my dad and grandfathers never had wrinkles.

Having said that, all is not perfect, I could stand to lose 50lbs and I want breast implants so my boobies look like two round basketballs well into my 60s. :)

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm aging pretty well. Most people think I'm late 30's or early 40's. I never correct them. But more importantly, I feel 25. My gf is 24.

I have a 50 yr old student in the summer class I'm presenting at present who said to me: "You've got so much energy because you're more than 10 years younger than I am. Wait till you get to 50." Made me smile. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going by genetics, gracefully
. My mother did not have her first and only wrinkle until she was n her late 50's, one grandmother, only had crowes feet, the other never had a wrinkle her whole life, she died in her 80s, and my dad and grandfathers never had wrinkles.
My mother is 78 and could pass for 50 or less in a heart beat. Dad has aged because of his Parkinson's But always looked 10 years younger than he was until recently. As Naughty said, black don't crack. :biggrin1: My maternal grandmother had no wrinkles and a beautiful thick mane of chestnut brown hair when she died from ovarian cancer at 82. My paternal grandmother had laugh lines and was beginning to get crows feet when she died in her late 70's.

Oddly people always thought I was older than I really was up until about 21 because I was always tall for my age. Some where in my late 20's apparently I started to reverse age! :eek: I don't know how or why but most people guess me to be in my mid to late 20's. Since I am 42 I take this as a compliment. :biggrin1:

Having said that, all is not perfect, I could stand to lose 50lbs and I want breast implants so my boobies look like two round basketballs well into my 60s. :)
I'm right there with you girl! :smile: I'd settle for losing 40 pounds but I am still waffling on whether or not I want bigger boobs. I intend to fight old age every step of the way and if that means cosmetic surgery, so be it. :cool:

Certainly my patience isn't. I just replied to a JasonDawgxxx thread.... pass the Pepto.

Otherwise I'm doing OK I think. I avoid the sun like a vampire so I don't have any lines (knock wood). I don't like the whole going bald thing so I take Propecia. I love having hair.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I'm doing pretty good for 45 years. I've lost 50lbs in the last year and have reached my target weight of 150lbs. A little more toning and I'll be quite happy.

My hair has receded slightly at the temples but no balding as yet :biggrin1:. I have some grey hair but never see it due to a marvellous substance called peroxide.:wink:

I think I'm doing pretty good for 45 years. I've lost 50lbs in the last year and have reached my target weight of 150lbs. A little more toning and I'll be quite happy.

My hair has receded slightly at the temples but no balding as yet :biggrin1:. I have some grey hair but never see it due to a marvellous substance called peroxide.:wink:

Davey love, your hair could be green and nobody would give a damn. You look GOOD.:wink:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'm doing OK, I guess - I'll be 35 soon and I have no idea whether I look it or not. People don't seem surprised when I tell them my age but in stores I still get offered application forms for under 26 discounts and such (that could be intentional salesperson flattery though :rolleyes:).

I've had a bit of a stressful year and my few grey hairs have popped up as a result, but I colour my hair anyway, so it's no biggie - I was rather hopping to be more like my mother and not have grey til after 50, but hey ho - such is life.

Skinwise, I've noticed a few soft lines here and there in the last 2 or 3 years - I think those are more a result of moving to a sunnier climate, so I've started changing the way I look after my skin in the summer.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, getting older has never been something that I have ever worried about at all.
I don't know why, but it has just never been important.

My parents, their parents, and their parents have all lived to a very advanced age and were very active. None acted and looked much younger than their ages (late 90's - 100+) One grandmother lived to 105 and her father to 104, marrying for the last time the year he died. His last son was born 6 months after his death at 104. I have a half brother from my father's 1st marriage who is 84 and married his 6th wife 2 years ago, a firey redheaded Irish Lady of 54. He out lived all the other 5 wives.

I do worry about my weight which has always been a problem for me, but I swim and work out at the gym, and try to stay healthy and in good shape as much as possible. I could lose about 40 lbs at this time.

I have never worried about how old I looked, or about getting wrinkles or about the ones that I already have, nor do I worry about what other people think my age is. It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it! It is also relative! I feel, inside, that I am a young man of 18-25 years, and that is all that counts!

I also have never worried about balding. I don't have to since I have kept my head shaved for years and years. I am not even sure what would happen if I stopped!
I like the clean shaven head look, and intend on keeping it.

Last edited:

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have never acted my age and I never intend to - dont matter what you look like its how old you feel!

I intend to grow old DISGRACEFULLY!!!!!:veryhappy:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always looked younger than my age (45), which is great now but wasn't so great when I was 17 but looked like I was 11! :eek:

I have some funny stories about looking younger than my age, especially when I was in my late 20s/early 30s. When I was 28 I was taking karate lessons, and a 16 year old boy in my class was flirting with me! I had to gently tell him how old I was. :biggrin1: He said "You're not!" I still chuckle over that. And when I was in my early 30s I could still pass for being in my late teens!

However, 5 years ago I had a life-threatening illness, and it aged me a lot. I still look younger than 45, but not by as much as I used to. People usually guess my age as being in my thirties now.

Anyway, I always want to look younger now. I could stand to lose some weight (something else I never thought I'd have a problem with when I was growing up, since I was a skinny kid...) I do use moisturizers and such. I don't have a lot of gray hair, it's barely noticeable to me that I have a few, and I have to be at the right angle to see them. My mom got gray hair at age 23, but then, when she was 23 I was 2 years old, and me at age 2 would've given anyone gray hair! :biggrin1: However, my mom looked (and looks) younger than her age too, despite the fact that she's had several serious illnesses, including a life threatening one when she was only 29.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
to bad the fight for middle age is worst at the middle. Overwhelmingly my answer would be no.