Are You Curious About Taylor Swift?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I kind of am and will be watching SNL tnite as she's the host AND the musical guest. That hasn't happened since Madonna and Mr. Timberlake who does some of the best SNL episodes to be found.
The princess is sometimes off-key but she seems like a sweet gal. So I'm curious how she'll do. I'm sure her people are using this as a kind of audition to see if she can jump to movies ala Jessica Simpson who had 3 flop movies. Oddly enough Brittny's movie did pretty well and then she disappeared from movies.
I don't know alot about these folks except what I see of them on tv sometimes. Yeah Taylor is no Carrie Underwood but she has sold a gazillion Connie Francis count lps.....errr cd's.:rolleyes:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know, sometimes people just host SNL to promote their careers rather than trying to jump into a new venue. However I hope she does well, she really seems like a sweet girl. However I can't help but wish that they have a skit where she kicks Kanye West until he's dead.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know, sometimes people just host SNL to promote their careers rather than trying to jump into a new venue. However I hope she does well, she really seems like a sweet girl. However I can't help but wish that they have a skit where she kicks Kanye West until he's dead.

Great idea I they do too and yes she seems like a dear girl!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Or, and I think this is more likely, her "people" decided this would be good exposure for her.

A kicking/trashing Kanye West skit would have been great. :biggrin1: Though in my opinion the whole show was rather blah, not just her performance.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Or, and I think this is more likely, her "people" decided this would be good exposure for her.

A kicking/trashing Kanye West skit would have been great. :biggrin1: Though in my opinion the whole show was rather blah, not just her performance.

Yeah they shoulda had Timberlake. He hits it out of the park evertime!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hells, I hold you and this thread responsible for my being subjected to "Romancing the 70s" courtesy of Time-Life following SNL.

I knew I shouldn't have turned the TV on.

I know kill me kill me now. Yes the whole show sucked. But as the thread title suggested I was curious yellow! Chalk it up to an optomistic experiment in futility!

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I watched, although I'm rather tired of hearing Taylor Swift after how much they OVERPLAY her on the radio.

They didn't utilize the material they had to the extent that they could have.

*COUGH*kanyewest*COUGH*

What a waste of a guest host.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know kill me kill me now. Yes the whole show sucked. But as the thread title suggested I was curious yellow! Chalk it up to an optomistic experiment in futility!

Agreed, the potential for a Kanye spoof lured me, too.

Hey, maybe they had a skit planned but scrapped for fear he might be in the audience.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media

i would LOVE to see that skit! LOL.

out of all the young female musicians these days, i think taylor swift is one of the most talented. she writes her own songs, plays her own instrument, and made it in the industry all on her own. from what i've seen of her interviews and how she interacts with fans, she seems like a well rounded person with a good head on her shoulders--and she isn't a magnet for tabloids and the paparazzi. i'm confident enough to say that i think she can and will have a long and successful career.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not a Taylor Swift fan at all. Her Voice has no power to it, , cute but anorexic. She should take dance lessons and at least try to perform a bit.