Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yep, no question about it.

I think that absolutely everyone who is eligible should vote next month, unless they're a Republican.

Rammajamma771

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yep, no question about it.

I think that absolutely everyone who is eligible should vote next month, unless they're a Republican.

Your's is a typical "liberal" point of view, that is to say, only your opinion counts because you know better how to run everyone's life than they know themselves. :rolleyes: I plan to vote against all incumbents, regardless of their party affiliation. In some cases I may write-in a name because I can't vote for either candidate. Understand that I don;t vote party but I vote for the candidate.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I plan to vote against all incumbents, regardless of their party affiliation. In some cases I may write-in a name because I can't vote for either candidate. Understand that I don;t vote party but I vote for the candidate.

That's a pretty reckless way to vote. What if the incumbent is doing a great job for the constituents?

What if the other candidate is a moron? You still gonna vote to put a moron into office to represent you?

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hear, hear! This anti-incumbent fever is just shallow, stupid, irrational, and anti-intellectual. People unthinkingly voting based on their frustrations, emotions, etc. Cathartic, maybe, but not good for the nation.

That's a pretty reckless way to vote. What if the incumbent is doing a great job for the constituents?

What if the other candidate is a moron? You still gonna vote to put a moron into office to represent you?

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's not about my or anyone else's opinion counting. It's only about power. And I plan to do everything I can within my immediate scope to keep Republicans out of power, where they belong.

Speaking of "themselves", that's all many Republicans think about, except the most stupid among them who, by voting Republican, vote against their own interests.

Incidentally, I vote for the individual candidate, too. It's just that most individual Republican candidates suck, as does their party as a whole.

Your's is a typical "liberal" point of view, that is to say, only your opinion counts because you know better how to run everyone's life than they know themselves. :rolleyes: I plan to vote against all incumbents, regardless of their party affiliation. In some cases I may write-in a name because I can't vote for either candidate. Understand that I don;t vote party but I vote for the candidate.

Last edited:

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WoW, really? Because of people like you we're getting people like Christine O'Donnell. That's the worst thing you could do for our nation at a time like this.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always vote. The way I look at it if you don't vote you can't bitch about the results afterward. I always research the candidates and vote for who I think will do the best job. Sometimes I'm right, quite often I'm not.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
Your's is a typical "liberal" point of view, that is to say, only your opinion counts because you know better how to run everyone's life than they know themselves.

I don't know much about typical liberals, being an old white rural southern man who always votes for the Democrat, and always holds his nose because the Democrat isn't progressive enough. Same in 2010 as any other year but I never miss a chance to vote against a Republican and make it clear that I do so as an Independent disgusted by the Ds but terrified by the Rs.

I do know that typically, people who rail against "typical liberals" use poor grammar to do so.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually it doesn't sound like you'll be voting FOR the candidate at all.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

What a dull twit. Don't get out much, do you? In many countries it is illegal NOT to vote. Argentina is a good example. Every Argentine is issued a DNI (national identity card) that is more important than a birth certificate, drivers license, or passport. In contains, among many things, lots of pages blocked off into quadrants which are stamped when you vote in ALL elections. You get pulled over for a traffic citation or apply for a government job they always ask for the DNI first, and then any other doc -- such as a drivers license. If any of the quadrants are obviously empty -- especially when you go to vote in the presidential election -- and you have not previously applied for and received an exemption stamp for a particular election (they have many different exemption stamps, but if you're in hospital they come to you with a ballot, box, and pen), you are automatically fined a hefty sum for not participating in the Argentine system of democracy. And Argentina is not and has not been particularly liberal over the last hundred+ years.

Imagine if it were illegal NOT to vote in the USA. Since only about 50% (on a good day) of US citizens bother to vote, if almost 100% were forced to vote there would be no problem sustaining a system of more than just two major political parties.

However, I think it's great you vote for the individual rather than the party line.

Last edited: