Are you low or high maintenance?

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have always considered myself pretty low maintenance.

I wonder what your self-perception is?

Be prepared for others to comment on your opinion :biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I practice yoga/walking/hiking several times per week. Weightifting once or twice per week. Swimming whenever possible. It takes me 10 minutes to shower. 5 minutes if I add makeup. Hair takes the longest: 10 minutes with the diffuser to make it curly, 15-20 if I want it straight. 0 minutes to air dry. I pack light when I travel and am notorious for doing so at a moment's notice when whimsy strikes. I would consider myself low maintenance but I suppose that's up to the observer.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I practice yoga/walking/hiking several times per week. Weightifting once or twice per week. Swimming whenever possible. It takes me 10 minutes to shower. 5 minutes if I add makeup. Hair takes the longest: 10 minutes with the diffuser to make it curly, 15-20 if I want it straight. 0 minutes to air dry. I pack light when I travel and am notorious for doing so at a moment's notice when whimsy strikes. I would consider myself low maintenance but I suppose that's up to the observer.

If we were to need to leave the house at 7.30 for dinner, what time would you be ready? :biggrin1:

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
High cost of yealy gym membership, starting yoga classes, collect antiques, buy a new car every 4 or 5 years and very metrosexual with clothes. Been told I am high maintenance. Don't spoil me at the start of a relationship if you don't want to keep it up. Otherwise I can be low maintenance.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If we were to need to leave the house at 7.30 for dinner, what time would you be ready? :biggrin1:

Let's do the math:

10 mins for shower
5 for makeup
10 for curly hair
5 to dress

= 30 minutes. I'll start at 7. 10 mins before 7 if you want straight hair. Your choice. :tongue:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
High or low maintenance, it's depends on your point of view, doesn't it?

I'm high maintenance, meaning that

- I have expensive interests,
- I can be quite a bitch and difficult to handle sometimes,
- I do some kind of sports on 5 out of 7 days a week, and
- I have certain minimum standards in bed.

I'm low maintenance, meaning that

- most of the abovementioned things I can get done by myself,
- I usually tolerate different opinions and ways of life,
- I don't throw fits if the food doesn't match my taste, which is pretty wide in its range anyways,
- the bitch in me is not unleashed unless I feel like I can't get what I want without unleashing it,
- I can trade insults, mock or real, with the best and don't storm off with a fit,
- I am not afraid of doing the dirty jobs myself.

So, as you see, it really depends.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always considered myself pretty low maintenance. I wonder what your self-perception is? Be prepared for others to comment on your opinion :biggrin1:

I thought I was low maintenance until a new male employee, whom I was training to take my place in the mid-west region told me otherwise about 7 years ago. He didn't last a full year. :biggrin1: :rolleyes: Not sure why...

7:45 I'm from New Jersey, we do ish. To arrive at ones home for dinner promptly at 8 or God forbid earlier means you may catch the hostess in hot curlers and nothing else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm high maintenance, meaning that:
- I have a couple of expensive hobbies
- I do not suffer fools lightly
- I prefer quality in my surroundings and that includes people
- I am an excellent cook and do not require expensive dinners out all the time. However, when offered I do appreciated them. :smile:
- I have reached an age where I believe settling is only for houses
- I have certain minimum standards in bed

I'm low maintenance, meaning that:
- Most of the above mentioned things I can get done by myself
- I usually tolerate different opinions and ways of life
- I don't throw fits if the food doesn't match my taste, which is pretty wide in its range anyways
- The bitch in me is not unleashed unless you back me into a corner or try to hurt a loved one; then you will be dealt with swiftly and ferociously.
- I am quite handy around the house. I can spackle, put up flashing, hang shelves, snake a tub drain, and change the oil in my car. The latter I usually pay to have someone else do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's do the math:
22 mins for shower - includes shampooing and shaving legs
6 mins for moisturizing post shower
8 mins to apply makeup
20 mins for hair - this includes blow drying and curling
10 mins to dress - I may change my mind :tongue: :05:
66 minutes

The only time I can get up, showered and out the door in 30 minutes or less is on the weekend to run errands. You can be rest assured hair will be un-shampooed or styled, in fact a baseball hat will most likely be worn or a bandanna. There will be no makeup, and no shaving of anything. :tongue:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I think that I have become more high maintenance lately.

It does depend on what we are talking about. In a relationship, I tend to be a bit protective of who I am dating, and as a result I am higher maintenance there.

When it comes to morning rituals, I am low maintenance. I get up, bathroom, shower, brush teeth, contacts, quick hairstyle and out the door.

When it comes to my working out regimn.. I am flexible provided I have my eliptical machine.:smile:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I'm pretty in between.
Low maintenance in that:
-I know how, and do mow the lawn, do tree and garden upkeep
-Don't need anyone to tell me I look good
-As long as they serve chicken fingers and fries I'm content
-Don't come between me and my animal time, and your fine

High maintenance-ish:
-Expensive tastes, for me and all 6 of my animals
-Go big or go home, if I want something, an it comes in a bigger size, I will always go bigger (with one exception... lol)
-I barely have any diversity in what I eat
-I love expensive toys, and things that go fast (computers, Internet, trucks)
-I want 110% back when I make the effort to do something out of the ordinary

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would consider you low maintanence too. Very desirable as well! I wish all girls could be this quick

va_lk_yr_ie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It all depends on the situation. Getting ready for dinner or a night out can vary from 10 minutes to well over an hour, depending on what I want to do for make-up, clothing, hair etc.

High maintenance in that I do work-out, take care of myself, want to put my best side forward.

Low maintenance in that I can settle for very little if needed by circumstances.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Im Low Maintenance... I need three thing's. Coffee, Pussy and Cigarette's. That's all. I'm very easy to get along with. Don't know what to get me for my birthday? Give me pussy! Don't know what to get me for Father's Day? Give me pussy? Christmas? That's right, Give me pussy! Don't come at me with a stupid shirt or bedroom slipper's. That's right, GIVE ME PUSSY........... THANKYOU:cool: I figured i'd put the word out. My birthday is coming up and i have to keep Mr. Snakey happy or he act's up!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Okay, I guess I can explain mine. I'm mostly low maintenance, I think.

-I don't dress fancy, or buy expensive clothes. I only dress up when necessary.
-It takes me about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning.
-If going out for a nice evening and getting dressed up and doing the makeup thing, it takes me about 45 minutes to get ready, tops. And that's only when I have hair to style!
-I'm very flexible in what we do or where we go. I have mastered the art of compromise.
-I'm always on time, if not early.
-None of my habits are really expensive. I drink coke when I go to the bar. I like playing pool and darts.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In terms of what I require someone else to put into a relationship involving me, which is what I typically think of when I hear the terms "high" or "low maintenance"... I am extrememly low-maintenance. Very independent, very non-controlling, non-jealous, non-possessive, secure in myself, can go a week without a phone call and not really care. I am very easy-going, a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. I can be quickly and firmly decisive when I need to be and other times I can be extremely flexible and have no problem allowing others to make decisions. I'm comfortable in most surroundings, not a complainer, not a worrier. The only caveat to that would be when we're together I'm probably going to want to have sex a lot.

Also, I do like nice things, but I can do without them for the most part and I certainly don't expect anyone else to get them for me.