Are You Normal Around Guys?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are You Normal Around Guys?

Do you act one way with your female friends, and another around any reasonably attractive male? See how your "boy-havior" compares here.

What's the most "not you" thing you've done around a guy?
"I'm a big eater, but when I'm with a new guy, I eat only soup! It's a non-messy meal — as long as I don't slurp." — Ruthie Chang, 32, San Francisco
"I went bridge jumping with friends to get a guy to notice me. Literally jumped off a freaking bridge!" — Margaret Mestraud, 35, Clifton, Va.
"I kept a bookshelf packed with 'smart books' for my dates to see and hid the chick lit in my bedroom." — Christina Couch, 27, Chicago
"Weird" Things That Are Very Normal
Avoiding eye contact: Seventy-seven percent of women Glamour polled say they glance away while talking to a cute guy. Aw, c'mon; boldness is sexy!
Getting the giggles: Seventy-nine percent laugh more in the company of men they like.
Out-of-control flirting: Thirty-four percent of women can't always resist the impulse to entice — even when he's wearing a wedding ring. Yikes!

Normal by the Numbers:
  • 19% of women we polled order beer rather than cocktails to seem cooler to men.
  • 30% speak more softly around guys.
  • 8% say they try not to seem too brainy when talking to men. Let's hear it for the other 92 percent!
  • 83% dress to impress themselves. If guys like their outfit, that's a bonus.
  • 63% say their female friends act the same no matter who is in the room.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It really depends....outside of my family and my very close female friends I dislike most women (of course not talking about you ladies I've had no reason to dislike any of you). Most of my friends are guys and always have been for as long as I can remember. I am most comfortable with them and will probably tell them things I would never tell a woman.

reallybigshoe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
"19% of women we polled order beer rather than cocktails to seem cooler to men."

I really don't find girls who drink beer attractive.

That means that I have potentially missed out liking a lot of girls I've dismissed because they were drinking beer!

:worried:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"19% of women we polled order beer rather than cocktails to seem cooler to men."
That's just stupid. :yuck: I hate beer. I wouldn't drink it on a bet, I don't care how hot the guy is.

Really? Why is that?:confused: Is beer an ugly beverage?

That means that I have potentially missed out liking a lot of girls I've dismissed because they were drinking beer!
See, you can't judge a book by it's cover. :cool:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I drink beer that means I genuinely want to drink beer....and I am picky about what beers I will drink. Normally I am more of a wine or mixed cocktails kinda girl and I would definitely never drink a beer to impress any man. That's purely ridiculous.

:worried:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I love beer! I'm picky about it too though.

I can be a bit reticent about opening up around strangers, but otherwise I act the same around my close friends regardless of gender. A little goofy, sometimes quiet, frank, tomboyish and not fond of coquette-ishness...but I do like flirting a bit. My idea of flirting is shared laughter and good convo. I hate come-ons and fakeness.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm not normal around anyone!

I hate beer!!!

Ditto!

No, seriously -- about the only thing I identified with in that list was looking away more often when talking to a cute guy. I know I do that -- I don't know why. Maybe it's instinctual or something.

But at this point in my life (just passed my 38th birthday) I'm really not into appearing other than as I am. If I want wine, I'll drink wine. If I'm intelligent, I'll speak intelligently. And if I don't want to go bungee jumping, I sure as hell won't go!

For most of my life, I've been more comfortable around guys than girls...I'm not totally sure why this is. It's not only because of sexuality...it's as if I feel I'm better understood and can be more myself around guys.

Maybe it's just that I haven't met many women as slutty as me, and I feel I have to be on guard around my women friends so I can keep up the appearance that I live by society's puritanical standards. Who knows.

So for me, if there's any pretending going on, it's more likely around women -- and it's out of necessity rather than out of desire.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I act the same, laugh about the same shit and talk to show how smart I really am. (eaglebird asks me to explain things all the time, but he still likes me, so I'm doing something right)

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Caution: Boy post follows"

I like a woman that drinks beer. Its a little judgmental for sure, but to me it says "low maintenance." Nothing irks me more than having to order some passion fruit drink with seven strict ingredients in a loud busy bar. Booze and soda, or booze and juice are just fine, but if the bartender needs to pause to think about how to make it...........Dinner drinks are a different story, then I couldnt care less.

"Boy post over"

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm actually more open and more comfortable talking to men than to women. Men are less judgmental, have a likable jackass sense of humor, and are generally more honest. At least with me they are. I don't drink anything alcoholic but also don't care or judge if anyone else does - it's all good; be natural and yourself around me, everyone.

Last edited:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I'm around a guy I know that I like and am interested in, I'm generally more nervous than normal, but I try not to let that affect my personality. I'm still outgoing and funny and pretty much the same as I normally am. But my mind races and my heart pounds. :tongue: I don't order differently or dress differently anything like that, though. If he's going to like me, I want it to be for who I truly am, not for who I think he thinks he wants me to be.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I act the same around women and guys whether or not I find them attractive.

My sister warned me when we started dating, that I wasn't "feminine" enough. :rolleyes: She was six inches shorter than me, and acted the "helpless female" around guys she found attractive.

Ironically enough, she had a man-drought for a couple of years, while I've had always ....um... had a guy. :biggrin1: