Are You Photogenic?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by earllogjam, May 16, 2007.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

Does the camera love you? Does the 3D of you translate well into the 2D? My good pictures are few and far in between. I have never met anyone who really likes pictures of themselves and I was wondering if any photogenic people exist outside supermodels. Are there camera tricks for amatures to enhance your photo appearance? There must be - there are a lot of unflattering pictures of movie stars out there. In this age of internet hookups your pic is your ticket to sex.

Do pictures of you look better than you do in person? Do you think photographs of yourself are a true depiction of what you really look like?

2. need2bfilled

need2bfilled New Member

i'm definitly much more attractive in person, no doubt

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I am horribly UNphotogenic. I have to take a ton of pictures before I find one or two I'm satisfied with. Very very rarely do I see one that actually looks GOOD.

4. LemacST

Gold Member

I honestly can't tell because I'm not sure how I look ilke in person.

Ladies seem to like me a lot though just from my seeing my pictures. I also notice I get checked out semi-often in person, so I would guess they are acurate. Sometimes I look really good in pictures, at times pretty bad, but most of the times I just look alright by my standards.

There are certain angles that flatter your face. Don't mistake this with "Myspace Angles", which are more to hide fat and/or uglyness through having a very cropped picture at a strange angle. I don't know them myself, but everyone has their good angle, maybe better known as their "good side". Celebrities know them (google "paris hilton doesn't change facial expressions", same works with lindsey lohan) which is why they always look very good.
    Everyone has their flattering and unflattering angles. Just find your best angle and see what you can do with it.

5. viking1

Gold Member

No, my ugly mug has runied more cameras than you'd ever want to pay for.

6. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Parts of me are...

7. basketbulge

basketbulge Member

Albums:
    I've misunderstood your avatar all this time, but now I get it... you're a hand model aren't you? :rolleyes:

8. chicagosam

Gold Member

Hand creme!

9. smoothrnb

Gold Member

Albums:
    The camera generally does not like me. Take 10 pictures of me and maybe, just maybe, there will be one that is decent.

10. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Photogenicity can be learned and enhanced, I think :smile:. I imagine its similar to stage presentation. If we enhance our outward persona, just as one would on stage, we can probably improve how the world perceives us.

With that said, we are somewhat constrained by what God gave us ... but the constraints are elastic

11. basketbulge

basketbulge Member

Albums:
    By day perhaps, but likely a hand job model by night! Still hand creme I suppose.

12. viking1

Gold Member

Some of us weren't given enough to get much elasticity out of.:mad:

13. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

not really, no.

14. WildHoney

Gold Member

I am ok, but I find it hard to capture my smile on camera , maybe my face is wonky???

My 17 year old daughter though is a freak..she looks Amazing in photo's and never takes a bad one...she should be a model as she looks almost better on film than in real life, it is spooky!

x
    Honey

15. dolfette

Gold Member

sometimes.

i either look pretty good or bloody awful.

16. Duality

Duality New Member

This.

For a long time, I ran the second I got a sense somebody was gonna pull out a camera. Hell, I'd even do my best to avoid security cameras! But nowadays... fuck it I say. I'm not perfect, but you know what? Next time you're in a store or at work or wherever, look around. Ignoring that one disgustingly hot guy/chick, you'll find that most other people aren't perfect either.

Do I have flaws? Yeah. Give me a piece of paper and I can list them out for you. If you have the time I can even rank them in a best to worst order. But there are certain parts of my body that I like as well... So I just focus on those, and try my damndest to stand on the right of the camera (their left), as I'm convinced my left is my 'good side' :rolleyes:.

17. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ohhh GOD NO , not at all . Which sucks cause both mom and dad are big time photogenic. Mom was even a model at one time.
    You see a picture of me and my parents and it's like one of these things is not like the other which one doesn't belong ? LOL
    I look so much like my mother but it doesn't translate well to camera. I have been told it's b/c I am such an introvert. :mad:

:banana:
    HORSE

18. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Meh... I could take it or leave it.

19. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Unfortunately I'm not a bit photogenic, I've only ever met one person from the net and they didn't recognise me from my photo. However, I've long given up trying to get decent photos it's too much like hard work. I'd also like to see if anyone has any tips on how to get decent photos - although I think a lot of it is down to being comfortable in front of the camera. If I do a fake smile I look like the nuttiest member of the Manson familu.

20. dongalong

Gold Member

I found that when I was slimmer and my bone structure was clearly visible, I was a lot more satisfied with my photos.
    I haven't had a decent picture of myself for a few years. Time to get gaunt again!

Draft saved Draft deleted