Are you practicing Homosexual

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
or have you gotten good enough to stop practicing?

I hate when righteous wing Christians talk about "practicing homosexual," I keep wanting to tell them that most homosexuals and bisexuals have moved onto to being active homo-/bisexuals. The funniest part is that the ones who say "practicing homosexual" usually sound stereotypically flaming.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IanTheTall said:

I hate when righteous wing Christians talk about "practicing homosexual," I keep wanting to tell them that most homosexuals and bisexuals have moved onto to being active homo-/bisexuals. The funniest part is that the ones who say "practicing homosexual" usually sound stereotypically flaming.

Yeah, but it all ties into that whole issue in their perception of whether you 'merely' have unclean thoughts but the 'sense' not to act on them [the "embrace your closet" mentality]; or whether you are ensuring your swift decent into hell through being an active, full-blown sinner. :rolleyes:

Although conversely.. practice ultimately makes perfect. :newangel:

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
it's because crucifixated loons are taught to believe that the mental and physical aspects of sexuality - the "theory" and the "practise" - are somehow separate from each other (a bit like how sex outside of marriage and sex inside of marriage are two radically different and opposing things in their surreal worldview). apparently it's much more offensive to the magic fairies if you "practise" your sexuality instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist like any decent god-fearing person would.

chrisung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's interesting to me that many of those who draw a line between action and thought in homosexuality (or plain old lust or whatever) often make the point that to be truly Xtian all you need to do is Believe, not practice.

So you have to "do" to sin, but thinking is good enough to get you into Heaven???

Ah, the fun people are all going with me anyway. To Stovachor.

az_bi_guy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The great eccentric Quentin Crisp, an Englishman in New York, is reputed to have responded "darling, I don't need to practice" when asked this as he entered the USA.

IanTheTall said:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
az_bi_guy said:
The great eccentric Quentin Crisp, an Englishman in New York, is reputed to have responded "darling, I don't need to practice" when asked this as he entered the USA.

Ah, the Great Quentin.

He also said two other very funny things about sex.

Nothing in our culture, not even home computers, is more overrated than the epidermal felicity of two featherless bipeds in desperate congress.

and,

For flavor, instant sex will never supercede the stuff you have to peel and cook.

Large 1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
Yeah, but it all ties into that whole issue in their perception of whether you 'merely' have unclean thoughts but the 'sense' not to act on them [the "embrace your closet" mentality]; or whether you are ensuring your swift decent into hell through being an active, full-blown sinner. :rolleyes:

Although conversely.. practice ultimately makes perfect. :newangel:

How else does one get to Carnegie Hall? Or at least it's bathroom stalls! Practice, practice, etc, etc....:wink:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
senor rubirosa said:
Ah, the Great Quentin.

And for those who want a piece of fairly obscure trivia about Britain's self-declared "stately homo" :rolleyes: ... when he appeared as Frankenstein's laboratory assistant opposite Sting in "The Bride" (1985), it was an oblique homage to Universal's original 1930s Frankenstein series.. since Quentin was born Denis Pratt, and was in fact a distant cousin of William Henry Pratt, a.k.a. Boris Karloff.

What was this thread about again? :biggrin1:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Maybe it's time to repost my Open Letter to Religious People.

Rob,
This ought to be good. Although I am religious, I am totally down with anyone who detests religious moralizing. So was Jesus. So please post the Open Letter.

JustAsking

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ah right, so all these 'practicing catholics' are just training up to be the real deal then? To be a 'real' catholic do you basically have to be a priest or dead? It honestly wouldn't surprise me actually...

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IanTheTall said:

homos who practice are usually more fun than those who don't.

you know what saying gets me also? "gay lifestyle". makes it sound like we all have a beauty shop set up in the house with pink curtains all over the place. its a life, not a lifestyle.

(swirling my pearls) toodle loo. dc.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dcwrestlefan said:
"gay lifestyle". makes it sound like we all have a beauty shop set up in the house with pink curtains all over the place.

Sweetheart, I've told you before, that shade is called "garden fuchsia", and NOT "pink". :rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dcwrestlefan said:
no no hon. thats the lipstick. not the curtains.

Tsk, I'm so ditsy, I just can't keep all those things in my head at once. :flirt: *cue copious shrill laughter and theatrical thrusting back of head*