Are you religious?

Are you religious?

• Yes, very, i attend services frequently.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Yes, somwhat, i somtimes attend services.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Yes, but im more spiritual than religious

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Im athiest or agnostic.

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe in any religion either. I'm not one of those people who say none of it is true because nobody knows but I choose to only believe in things that have proof to back them up. Also, no religion makes sense to me. Well none of the religions that I know about make any sense to me.

Reactions: hot-rod

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am more a spiritual sort than a religious sort. I believe that there iis a great entity whom I have chosen to call God. However this God is just for our particular sector of the vast string of galaxies and universes (yes, there are several). There is the big top God and that one makes all the final decisions. Then there are all the souls. The souls interact and do the day to day tasks of helping people out. How does a soul get made? Various methods. There are new souls created every so often, in general cobbled out of parts of other souls which have been around for several centuries. Sometimes a soul is taken out of commission if it has turned bad and is beyond redemption. Some souls have nothing to contribute towards any of the new souls being formed. Occasionally a soul gets intertwined with a soul from another galaxy and isn't that an interesting turn of events? Actually when I say occasional I mean on a daily basis. Many of us have intertwined souls. Some of us are dealing with a soul which has been around for a few life cycles, some have also inhabited other creatures than just humans. It's all rather simple and rather complicated at the same time. The simple part is knowing that there is something which is keeping things running, the complicared part is trying to disect it and analyze it.

In the final picture I view it (Earth-life) all as a spiritual adventure--to some degree it helps to view us all as researchers who are learning and one day we get to return to the vast spirit network and tell of our wanderings and wonderings.

(and no, I did not need any strange pills or smokes to arrive at these conclusions)

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am more a spiritual sort than a religious sort. I believe that there iis a great entity whom I have chosen to call God. However this God is just for our particular sector of the vast string of galaxies and universes (yes, there are several). There is the big top God and that one makes all the final decisions. Then there are all the souls. The souls interact and do the day to day tasks of helping people out. How does a soul get made? Various methods. There are new souls created every so often, in general cobbled out of parts of other souls which have been around for several centuries. Sometimes a soul is taken out of commission if it has turned bad and is beyond redemption. Some souls have nothing to contribute towards any of the new souls being formed. Occasionally a soul gets intertwined with a soul from another galaxy and isn't that an interesting turn of events? Actually when I say occasional I mean on a daily basis. Many of us have intertwined souls. Some of us are dealing with a soul which has been around for a few life cycles, some have also inhabited other creatures than just humans. It's all rather simple and rather complicated at the same time. The simple part is knowing that there is something which is keeping things running, the complicared part is trying to disect it and analyze it.

In the final picture I view it (Earth-life) all as a spiritual adventure--to some degree it helps to view us all as researchers who are learning and one day we get to return to the vast spirit network and tell of our wanderings and wonderings.

(and no, I did not need any strange pills or smokes to arrive at these conclusions)

I think you mean just the galaxies. There are multiple galaxies (Over one hundred billion to be more precise.) but one universe.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you mean just the galaxies. There are multiple galaxies (Over one hundred billion to be more precise.) but one universe.

I think according to string theory there could be other universes, in other dimensions? I'm no expert on this so I can't say, but I think I recall hearing that somewhere. Of course string theory is not anything that is proven, either.

I'm not particularly religious, I occasionally (very rarely now, more often when I lived in Indiana) go to a Unitarian Universalist church. I have also been to Pagan rituals. I get more of a spiritual experience from looking at a tree than I ever got from prayer. I have friends who are Christian and Jewish, and maybe one or two who are Hindu, and I have no problem with that as long as they don't try to shove their religion down my throat. I grew up with a bit too much of that.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think according to string theory there could be other universes, in other dimensions? I'm no expert on this so I can't say, but I think I recall hearing that somewhere. Of course string theory is not anything that is proven, either.

I'm not particularly religious, I occasionally (very rarely now, more often when I lived in Indiana) go to a Unitarian Universalist church. I have also been to Pagan rituals. I get more of a spiritual experience from looking at a tree than I ever got from prayer. I have friends who are Christian and Jewish, and maybe one or two who are Hindu, and I have no problem with that as long as they don't try to shove their religion down my throat. I grew up with a bit too much of that.

The universe is the measurement of all particals and energy (everything) that is why we can't say exactly how big it is.
From what I understand string theory is particles described as waves on strings, which have length but no other dimension.
I think you're referring to multiverse theories but I think there is evidence to back it up and evidence to falsify it so as of now I think there is not enough proof of a parallel universe to be sure.

hawkgirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not religious. I am more spiritual, in that I believe that we are all spirits having human experiences. For me it is as though we step into our bodies just as we cloth our bodies and when the cloths are worn and tattered we take them off.
I do not believe in the trinity or that Jesus was the son of God. I do believe in god just in a different sense that most. My spiritual beliefs leave room for acceptance of all religions because we all have different lessons to learn and are all at various stages in regards to our spiritual development and unserstandings of who we are in that regard. I am not speaking of who we are in flesh, nothing that mundane.
A friend once told me, "We are all exactly where we are supposed to be and doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing. The trick is in determining why we are where we are and are doing what we are doing!"
I very much agree with this statement.
I think that all things do work together for the glory of god and that everything is a blessing in its own right. Everything that happens in all of our lives is to aid in an understanding that will bring us closer to our true selves and to the god within us. So nothing is truely bad, not when you understand the reasons for why in happened in that respect.

As-salaam Alaikum, Namaste, Amen.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not religious. I am more spiritual, in that I believe that we are all spirits having human experiences. For me it is as though we step into our bodies just as we cloth our bodies and when the cloths are worn and tattered we take them off.
I do not believe in the trinity or that Jesus was the son of God. I do believe in god just in a different sense that most. My spiritual beliefs leave room for acceptance of all religions because we all have different lessons to learn and are all at various stages in regards to our spiritual development and unserstandings of who we are in that regard. I am not speaking of who we are in flesh, nothing that mundane.
A friend once told me, "We are all exactly where we are supposed to be and doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing. The trick is in determining why we are where we are and are doing what we are doing!"
I very much agree with this statement.
I think that all things do work together for the glory of god and that everything is a blessing in its own right. Everything that happens in all of our lives is to aid in an understanding that will bring us closer to our true selves and to the god within us. So nothing is truely bad, not when you understand the reasons for why in happened in that respect.

As-salaam Alaikum, Namaste, Amen.

This sounds a lot like Unitarian Universalist philosophy. :smile:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Am I religious? I'm not at all sure I know what that really means. I don't attend worship services regularly.

I do know I pray every day for guidance, forgiveness, strength, wisdom, tolerance, and compassion.

dufus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Although I had a very religious upbringing, I find it difficult to take any religion seriously. I believe in the commandmant, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto thee." I try to live my life that way. I can't say as much for many of the deeply religious people I know.

tomyknees

Sexy Member
Media
I believe religion, in all its forms, is a pox on humanity. Why otherwise rational people allow themselves to get caught up in it is insulting to the dignity of humans everywhere.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Religion is important to me. Wanting to know definitely that what I was taught as I was growing up was, in fact, what I believed, I studied theology in my early 30s and formed the ideas that, for me, were acceptable.

The church and its members have been invaluable to me through the years, as has my religious beliefs. I have no doubts in the one God and know beyond a doubt that he has guided my life.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I am both spiritual and religious. Being just religious doesn't cut it. To me it is about a relationship with God. God is everywhere. God isn't just some old man on a white throne. I do believe that each of us has a soul that lives on. Our brains work of electrical impulses. We don't know that much about the spiritual world. Being in tune with God and the eternal truths si very important. The eternal truths are love, compassion, forgiveness, honesty, wisdom, grace, dignity and the list goes on as opposed to hate, etc.

I do believe in the Trinity and am a practicing Christian. But there is a higher level out there that we are judged on. Will there be people who are not practicing Christians in heaven? Yes. Will there be people who "profess to be Christians "who don't make it to heaven. Probably so. Though I don't believe in the hell of the medieval period. Hell is the process of becoming non existent.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe religion, in all its forms, is a pox on humanity. Why otherwise rational people allow themselves to get caught up in it is insulting to the dignity of humans everywhere.

I don't think religion is the problem. I think people acting irrationally is the problem.