Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm self-preserving.

I got boundaries galore.

I try to look at most situations from other peoples POV. To value the worth of others as much as I value my own ass. The Screwtape Letters taught me heaps about the dangers of being self-centered.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
By definition, no. I spend a significant amount of time thinking/concerning myself with the feelings/experiences of those around me.

I am kinda fuckin' cocky tho. Can't deny that shit. :rolleyes:

When I think of me... I touch myself. Sorry could not resist.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm self-preserving.

I got boundaries galore.

I try to look at most situations from other peoples POV. To value the worth of others as much as I value my own ass. The Screwtape Letters taught me heaps about the dangers of being self-centered.

I want to point out the line between me and her is that I'm serving Barney and she is dropping really obscure but theologically and philosophically rich CS Lewis. She wins.

Reactions: Enid and MickeyLee

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I’m extremely self-absorbed. I’m dreadful in relationships, but the total opposite in friendships. A lot of the time I don’t even realize it until it’s pointed out to me, then I knowingly keep doing it.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So a friendship is a relationship and vice versa. If you excel at being a friend but not a lover there is something going on at a very fundamental level. A good lover is a great friend. A good friend is full of love. I am going to guess that intimacy is an issue for you (has been here long term) and that you manage intimate requirements in friendships well because they don't surpass your boundaries. Sex and affection do this for many. We also expect more from and give less to lovers when our friends fill in key support roles. Being aware of how you are engaged with others and what is missing might help

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm very self-centered in that my thoughts always come back around to how something affects me, how I can relate to it, what I can do about it, what I want, etc. I am no compassionate though. How things relate to me personally is just a part of how I learn and experience.

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
In some ways, yep. In other ways, not so much. I would say the same of every single person I have ever met and likely ever will meet, too

This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I mean I've even encountered nuns that were self absorbed. However, I don't encounter the large degree of this in actual life as I do on the internet. Much easier to erase the chalkboard in the internet, though. Just disassociate and move on to one of the next contestants.

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
sometimes-you-have-to-remind-people-that-you-can-be-an-asshole-too-quote-1.jpg