Are You Socially Retarded?

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Traditionally women are better communicators. Some people never seem to grow out of social retardation, maybe it's like speech, you have to acquire it before a certain age. I think kids aren't learning as many social skills as they used to, it's not safe to let them out to play anymore, some spend more time in front of the tv or computer than with people, and parents don't teach them to accept responsibility, to consider other people or to have realistic expectations.
You haven't been laid in a very long time from what you recently posted,remember?
Maybe you should spend less time insulting others and get laid you wouldn't be such crabby bitch.
You are probably ashamed of your body.
lol

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You haven't been laid in a very long time from what you recently posted,remember?
Maybe you should spend less time insulting others and get laid you wouldn't be such crabby bitch.
lol

Where the fuck did that come from?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever gave you that idea S&s, obviously as well as being socially retarded you're intellectually retarded :) Why would I be ashamed of my body, my tits are real, my hair is it's natural colour?

If you don't like the way the women on here speak to you maybe you should stop being such a brainless cunt, stop commenting on things outside your experience and just stick to showing your twat.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol

Where the fuck did that come from? I'm afraid that you might actually reply, but I must ask, can you in some semblance of rationality explain the correlation between what you quoted and how you replied? The soma kicking in...again?

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Dude, Slayer?

How bout some Marvin Gaye or Parliament? Need some Funk in this house. :tongue:
Was thinking chaos, disorder, catfights...

I once sat in my car, in the parking lot of America's Bar in Kalamazoo, MI, watching two girls go at it. In the snow. Drunk. Both wearing those 3/4 length pastel wool coats popular in the 90s. Blood and makeup everywhere.

Wish I could say I was listening to Slayer, but it was more likely House of Large Sizes.

BTW here's yer Parliament :cool:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Interesting. Bigbull29, I wonder if you can really tell if a person is a man or women by what he or she says here. I realize there are quite a few men posing as women here but honestly I can't tell the difference. Usually age, education level and maturity are quite apparent but sex, that's different.

SP, I think video games and TV have killed social skill learning for most kids these days. I went to a party this weekend for a friend's kid and was just appalled how rude and socially retarded teenagers are these days YOU'RE TELLIN ME. [/quote]

You've started a really good thread, earllogjam. I don't have any definitive answers, but I can relay my personal experiences to you.

I've always had a hard time talking to men. I don't know what to say to them unless it's small talk or related to a special interest we both share. Yes, I do find that I have a hard time talking to women some times, but not nearly as much.

You may be interested in this, earlboy: When I lived in Australia for two years in a hostel, I had very intimate conversations with other young men unlike ever before. I talked to dudes almost liked I talked to women. It's almost as I have had lost respect for the male ego. Talking to men around my own age in this way had me thinking that men might not be wired that differently from women verbally-speaking. Culture seems to be playing a much bigger role that what I had thought.

I'm not exactly sure what encouraged the atypical male verbal behavior, but it sure did make me see a different side to men - a very vulnerable one. Could it be that male international backpacker types often break themselves from rigid some cultural chains in their journey to find their true selves? Or what it just a happy accident where men with similar verbal behaviors were brought together?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm borderline - ask anyone from the 'LPSG meet' in DC last month. :tongue:
You warmed up and relaxed pretty quickly...

I think teenagers were always rude though :)
I wasn't! Then again, my parents did not permit rudeness. It just didn't happen.

Earl, I suffer from nearly crippling shyness in social situations. I just had to teach myself the skills to deal with it. Ah, the number of times I have simply had to force myself to walk up to someone, introduce myself, shake hands, and start a conversation... agonizing, but worth it.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You warmed up and relaxed pretty quickly...

Fuck, did you set him on fire? Is there NO LIMIT to your torture???:biggrin1::tongue::rolleyes:

Back on topic. I'm rarely shy. Ever. In a social situation, I am that guy who doesn't mind talking to anyone and everyone. Not annoying hopefully, but I have no problem getting into a conversation. I wouldn't say 'Life of the party' because that is arrogant, but I would say that I'm good in the social dept.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fuck, did you set him on fire? Is there NO LIMIT to your torture???:biggrin1::tongue::rolleyes:

Back on topic. I'm rarely shy. Ever. In a social situation, I am that guy who doesn't mind talking to anyone and everyone. Not annoying hopefully, but I have no problem getting into a conversation. I wouldn't say 'Life of the party' because that is arrogant, but I would say that I'm good in the social dept.
No, silly... hot wax!

My partner is the gregarious, bon vivant in social situations. It comes naturally to him. Most people I meet think I'm naturally gregarious, but it's hard work for me.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
to add on this, i find it much easier to talk and to be fast friends with women way more than guys. sometimes, it's really difficult to meet a new other guy and hit it off. in my experience, some just brood in the corner, hardly speaking, and staring. i know there are many exceptions (see Jeff's post) but that's something i've really noticed where i live.

i don't know what it is with women. they have the gift of gab. :p