Are you willing to DIE for your country?

Are you willing to die for your country?

• Yes

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Not

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Depends - but most probably not

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Depends - but most probably yes

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We have members here from many many different countries around the world.

Just thinking of what it means to be a patriot and what loyalty to one's country means and what people are willing to give up for one's country and how much it varies from country to country.

Tell us what country you're from and whether or not you'd die for the sake of your country or would you deck out and escape before you were forced to put your life on the line in the military.

D_Ezdras Dingledonger

Experimental Member
Media
I was born in England and had an English passport originally, then moved to Holland later in life and got a Dutch one. I wouldn't die for either country as I'm pretty apathetic towards the whole notion of patriotism. Plus I'm a coward, but at least I'm a live coward.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It would depend. If some country invaded Canada, (not mentioning any names here) yes I would fight and if I died so be it. But, I would not die for Canada in the war in Afganistan.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA

The country (or State) doesn't give a shit about you. So it would be stupid to die (and even fight) for your country.

I feel sorry for the people who are disabled/crippled from war injuries. At least dead soldiers are dead and don't suffer anymore. Wounded soldiers have to deal with the injuries for the rest of their lives.

Yes. But it would depend on the circumstances, and whether it would make any difference or not.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
USA ......it would depend ....... but yes, if only to make sure my family is safe, but not for a damn "barrel of oil"

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I'm willing to fight for my way of life. That's not quite the same as willing to die for my country.

I agree, but many would try to persuade you that the one is the other.

I would also look at it in terms of being willing to fight against something and death may be a consequence of that.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
For me the problem with the question is that I wouldn't die purely for my country, I'm proud of my heritage but I'm not especially emotionally attached to any of the countries I might be called to fight for.

However I would fight for a just cause. Though naturally I would have no intention of getting killed if I could possibly avoid it.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It all depends on the situation. The question is pretty general, but if you are put in a situation where you feel you have no choice, then of course.