Are You Worried about the April Fool's Day WOrm?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last edited:

Nope. One of the reasons I use a Mac is because I got sick of this bullshit.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not worried. I heard today that many people already have it lying dormant in their computers waiting for a command on April 1st. I have free McAfee from Comcast and it is updated. It doesn't make sense to worry about what may or may not happen, at least not to me.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it is the 1st of April here and absolutely nothing has happened.
and I had no varies it's just like 2K thing

If it were to happen they would probably do it at Midnight NYC time. Does any other time zone in the world really matter? jk

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Avira protects my Windows systems to the extent it can. Then again Windows is forbidden on the internet. I've used Linux for going on 3 years exclusively in my home and Vista pretty much made that choice for me. I'm really happier with it this way. I have an old OS X G4 Powerbook that has Leopard on it, I feel secure with it just the same.

Here:

http://www.avira.com/en/security_news/conficker_worm.html

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have windows on a partition of my mac, but only use it for updating my PDA or a statistics program, so I'm fairly safe. I did see there were several updates available when I logged in yesterday, perhaps I will apply them. :shrug:

Why not though? It's true! People using Linux same deal. Why put yourself through this wringer every few months? Babysitting Windows gets dull quickly.
So, true! Mac and Linux (Debian), ftw, hehe.
Apologies to HKM! :smile:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well I keep my anti-virus up to date. But I also routinely log in as a restricted user. I only go in with administrative rights when I need to. Seems to have worked so far.

Last edited:

jesusfarted

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i'm actually kind of worried. There's sooo much hype about it, like its the fuckin black plague but i dont want my new computer messed up and my info and shits on teh interwebz

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm concerned. I have no technical ability and no disposable income so if some worm or virus crashes my system I'm screwed. Not sure what to do to avoid it though. :frown1: Haven't heard a single news report that said, "do this" or "buy and install" this and you will be safe.

How does turning off the PC at 12:55 PM EDT and turning it back on a day later help. :confused: In theory it could still be there and as soon as you turn the laptop on you've got it.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its an April Fools Worm.....
The "joke" is that it doesn't exist!

What's a bigger April Fool's joke: Actually pulling it or talking about it (exciting everyone about it) then never doing anything ??????