Argentina Legalizes Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Nick8, Jul 15, 2010.

1. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
  2. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is wonderful!-- :grouphug:

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

For those who may have been paying attention, "gay marriage" was just made legal throughout Argentina. Previously, it was only legal within the autopistas (Freeways) that serve as the "official" physical barriers separating the Capital Federal de Buenos Aires from the rest of the province of Buenos Aires and all other provinces. Those roads serve as the official belt way of Buenos Aires, CF.

This morning The Squeeze and I argued (and he'll probably win) that we need to remarry in the Capital Federal, although all legal "commitments" and legal "marriages" will supposedly become retroactively "legal" throughout the rest of Argentina. But The Squeeze is wise. One's marital status becomes a permanent part of one's DNI, (National Identity Card) which is actually a booklet that includes spaces to be stamped every time one votes for it is illegal NOT to vote in Argentina. Just imagine! But it seems that I'll need to endure the smelly skies of Delta from Las Vegas to Atlanta and then wait around for 6 to 10 hours at Heartsfeld International for another 10-hour flight of Delta's famous stale air to Ezeiza International Airport. Then we reapply and get hitched -- for yet a third time -- so that we are even more insulated from the indignities of the USA's checkerboard unmade mind on the civil right for everyone to marry -- not just "straight" folks. And it appears this time I'll have to apply for and wait around to receive my own DNI, even though I'm a 'Mericuhn citizen. Still, better safe than sorry. Better late than never. A stitch in time saves nine. A cat only has nine lives . . . and I've lost count how many I have left. But I'll still suffer venous thrombosis at my age to keep the fucking mormons and christianists from getting their grubby little mitts on the remnants of my estate when I die.

Go Argentina!

#3 midlifebear, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is fabulous news!

And MLB: trust The Squeeze, make sure that your marriage is completely, absolutely verifiable and legal by whatever means necessary.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Pitch the bouquet this way, MLB, and congrats in advance.

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

Bbucko and Nick8: Yes, you are both as wise as The Squeeze (whose apodo in Spanish/Castellano is Lulabear).

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You should honeymoon here in Provincetown, It's "Bear Week"!

8. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Great news, so ridiculous that there are still people running around claiming US of A are number 1 in everything. I don't mind someone loving their country, but that should not close the eye to see where it still can be improved, the rights of gays are much better represented in some other countries. America got quite something to do to be the number 1 once again when it comes to civil rights.

Congratulation MLB, and go Argentina.

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

Indy: It's sort of embarrassing, but The Squeeze has been voted "Sr. Bear" of Argentina for 5 years in a row. Actually, it may be six years, because one year he won both "cub" AND "bear." The first year he lived with me in Barcelona he won "Sr. Bear, Barcelona" which included a round-trip all-expenses paid trip to Paris. I was a bit miffed. He doesn't speak a word of French OR English. But he is warm and fuzzy and his loud snoring is like music to my ancient ears. So, it must be love. (Or I have a greater hearing impairment than I originally thought.)

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Is this one of those situations where the "Oprah" should withdraw her name from consideration so the "Susan Lucci" finally has a shot? Talk about an embarrassment of riches, MLB! :tongue:

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    <3

12. Andresito

Andresito Member

Yes sir, congratulations to us!!!

Eventually people who are against the law will fade away: no swarm of locusts has fall upon us.

And it's not gonna happen, bitch!

13. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Good for argentina. Maybe we can start focusing on more pressing matters soon

Draft saved Draft deleted