Arginine dosage for improving erections

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_Heart_of_Lion, Feb 10, 2012.

1. B_Heart_of_Lion

B_Heart_of_Lion New Member

just wondering what's the right amount of L-Arginine to take for improving my erections. I have no real ED, just need some boost for my boners e.g. being able to have long lasting erections without stimulation or when I'm standing, etc... Would a 3 g a day dose do the trick?

2. chimp857

chimp857 New Member

My understanding is 2 to 3 grams twice a day, on an empty stomach. I take 2 grams first thing in the morning before my workouts and 2 grams just before I go to bed. I also take a 50mg tab of Pycnogenol each time; it's supposed to help the arginine do it's job. You're also supposed to cycle. I do roughly 3 months on followed by 1 month off. About a week or so after my first week of a cycle, my dick feels a little fuller and fatter. My hardons seem a little harder, too. Btw, it's supposed to be L-arginine, which I understand is slightly different than just arginine.

3. B_Heart_of_Lion

great post mate! just the answer I was looking for! very clear and useful! Yes I bought L arginine cause they say it's the most effective form... thanks for explaining the correct way of intake, on an empty stomach and twice a day

4. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Reading of improved results, I got a bottle of 500 MG tablets the orther day from my pharmacy. I make up my vitamins and prescriptions several days in small paper cups and have noticed the L-Arginine seems to "decenengrate" (not sure of spelling) after a couple of days.
    Ones left in the bottle with cap on, are fine.Is this normal?

5. B_Heart_of_Lion

don't know if it is.. maybe it is since it's an organic substance... btw I bought the L_arginine from new food supplements-usa and I suffered from diahrrea because of it.. so Im not sure if it's now food that's a crap or it is a common side effect of arginine, whatever the brand...

6. aslan-ispq

aslan-ispq New Member

Albums:
    If your getting diahrrea Heart of a lion , its because your system can`t take the amount that your digesting

cut back on the amount

7. aslan-ispq

aslan-ispq New Member

Albums:
    if you message me in my inbox , i will give you my skype name so i can give you more information

8. SR_Dee_Zasther

SR_Dee_Zasther New Member

I was going to write a lengthy reply, but instead I'll just refer you to bodybuilding.com. You will find everything you need to know about arginine on there, as it was the bodybuilding community that first started actively using arginine for vasodilation and has done most of the anecdotal and scientific research behind it.

9. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I've been trying L Argenine but have not seen any changes. Maybe I'm not taking it in the right dosage or as often as I should. I have however seen more pre cum when I do get excited.

10. chimp857

chimp857 New Member

For what it's worth, I use Jarrow brand l-arginine. It's supposed to be pharmaceutical grade. It comes in 1 gram pills. Never had diarrhea. Just slightly fatter and fuller hard-ons.

11. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

And what do you take - how often, etc?

12. B_Heart_of_Lion

Thanks for advising me! I'm actually using Now Food Arginine that they claim to be pharma grade and the tablets contain 1 gram as well. Like thickjhonny asked I'm interested in knowing your dosage and way of consumption as well... Anyway if your brand seems not to show unpleasant side effect I would like to give it a try, maybe they can send it overseas

13. chimp857

chimp857 New Member

I get the Jarrow l-arginine from Amazon. I take two 1 gram pills and a 50mg tab of pycnogenol in the morning when I first wake up with a glass of water, followed by a workout (either lifting or treadmill). There is usually over an hour between first taking them and my breakfast. At night I take two more with water just before I go to bed. This is usually three hours after I last eat. The point, as I understand it, is that if you ingest l-arginine with food, the food interferes with the body's absorption of the arginine. Hope this helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted