Arginine dosage?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by sexythoughtsguy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. sexythoughtsguy

sexythoughtsguy New Member

How much ariginine should I take for it to be effective? Right now I feel sick taking 5 grams. and 10 grams yesterday on a empty stomach. My heart today after taking 5 grams in the morning on a empty stomach feels like it's in pain.

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Thats too much. Too much L- arginine can do real harm to your imune system. See a doctor. Stop taking it.

3. oxygin85

oxygin85 New Member

Arginine is fine for you. Are you doing it for the fat-burning? If so, there are MANY OTHER BETTER ways, much more effective.

Don't do it on an empty stomach, do it right before you eat a meal, like 5-10 minutes before. Also, make sure to be drinking enough [1/2 gallon at least, 1 is better] water throughout the day to relieve kidney pressure.

4. StrictlyAvg

StrictlyAvg Member

I'm on a gram in the morning and a half gram with dinner in the evening. The gram dose causes noticeable effects (raised heartbeat etc).

Why are you taking so much?

5. oxygin85

oxygin85 New Member

I've never read of a dosage less than 5 grams for arginine.

Most common is 5g in the morning and 5g pre-workout.

6. StrictlyAvg

StrictlyAvg Member

Unless you're using it for a heavy workout regime 5g at a time's gonna be a serious OD (like too much coffee or pro-plus) and you'll feel like shit!

The label on the tub says 500mg (I got mine from a british co. called Simply Supplements) per day! The consensus on earlier threads here seemed to settle on up to 3g per day for sex purposes rather than workout material.
    However even on my relatively conservative dose I've noticed I'm more aggressive/moody/less tolerant than usual, so I wouldn't want to take more. Just my experience as a relatively new "user".

7. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

I take 3.5 grams per day. Drink lots of water throughout the day and don't take it on an empty stomach.

8. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

Arginine does not harm the immune system if you take it moderate dosages, in fact it is beneficial.

Arginine and the Immune System
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/468788_3

5 grams is a bit too much, but 3 would be better. His problem was probably taking it on an empty stomach and not drinking enough water. Of course, not drinking enough water is most people's problem.

9. sexythoughtsguy

sexythoughtsguy New Member

I saw a doctor I got heartburn. I think because I ODed on the arginine and I did it right before I went to sleep. This is what I did I took 5 in the afternoon before my dinner and an hour later I took 5 more before bed and after I drank 2 glasses of water I went to bed and obviously I didn't have much time to digest the arginine not to mention not have enough water. And then I did the same in the morning however this time I didn't sleep I woke up and took 5 grams and by the afternoon I knew something was wrong and I didn't take it anymore.

10. str8nine9

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ur better off taking zinc B-complex and magnesium for you dick then arginine imo.

Arginine helps a little but those things help much more since they replenish lost energy and testrone naturally

11. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Every bottle that I have ever had stated....."take 1 to 3 tablets,a day,
    preferably with meals. The dosage that I take is a 100mg or 1g tablet.

I usually take 1 tablet after breakfast, another after lunch, and another
    after dinner, for a total of 3 tablets per day.

I have found that if I take more than this 3000mg/3g a day, I not only
    have an awful taste in my mouth, but I feel a bit strange....when I cut
    back on the dosage, I feel much better and do not have that taste in
    my mouth.

Also, If I do not take the tablets after (or with) a meal and a full glass
    of water, I get a really bad heartburn. That never happens if they are
    taken with/after food and at least an 8oz glass of water.

12. lineok03

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    here is what i have bought from a gnc at the local gnc where i live.
    GNC - Men's Vitality
    GNC - Men's Vitality: GNC Arginmax®

GNC Arginmax®

A stimulating product scientifically designed to support male. satisfaction.
    Features 3 grams of the amino acid L-Arginine, one of the key ingredients in ArginMax’s superior formula.

L-Arginine is a building block of nitric oxide, which helps maintain blood vessel tone.*

Supplies a proprietary blend of standardized herbs that provide consistent levels of the herb’s active compounds.

Ginkgo is one of the world’s oldest living plants and supports increased peripheral blood flow to the extremities.*

GNC - Men's Vitality: GNC Arginmax®

As a dietary supplement, take three tablets twice daily with 8 ounces of water. Men's ArginMax® works naturally with your body and while some may experience results earlier, use continuously for at least four weeks for maximum results.

Other Ingredients: Microcrystaliline Cellulose, Silica, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Phthalate, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Polysorbate 80, PEG

No Artificial Color, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives

Storage Instructions: Store in a cool dry place.

Warning: If you are under the care or supervision of a physician, please consult your doctor before taking this product.

Patent 6,368,640. ArginMax® is a registered trademark of The Daily Wellness Company® licensed to GNC.
    Health content provided by WebMD and is for informational purposes only. WebMD content is not approved or recommended by GNC.

Read more about: Natural Sex Boosters

To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions
    To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

http://gnc.imageg.net/images/pixel.gifhttp://gnc.imageg.net/images/pixel.gifhttp://gnc.imageg.net/images/pixel.gifhttp://gnc.imageg.net/images/pixel.gif

13. FieldRatt9

FieldRatt9 Member

Albums:
    At my gym my workout coach said that in order to do any good 1,500 mg's must be taken as a minimum every day.

14. technopeasant

technopeasant Member

L-Arginine is an amino acid. It works by being metabolized into Nitrous acid then into nitric-oxide. Nitric oxide is a primary in the chemistry of smooth muscle such as the heart and the penis. I causes the smooth muscles of the arteries in both to dilate, thus inducing erection. 500mg to 2000 mg should work for most however it takes 24 hours to metabolize into nitric-oxide don't expect action today from L-Arganine you took today. It is a preevent substance. It is also used to construct muscles thus weight lifters take it to bulk up. It should actually help angina in the heart in fact some doctors prescribe it to those who cannot nitro. It can as a side effect cause stuffie nose so if you have a problem with that back off. Sudafed can counter act the effects. As well as the effects of all of the Erectile drugs, so if you want one don't use the other.

Draft saved Draft deleted