Arginine tablets intaked doubt : please help me!!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_Heart_of_Lion, Feb 10, 2012.

1. B_Heart_of_Lion

B_Heart_of_Lion New Member

I ve just purchased a jar of L-Arginine from an online store.. It's the L arginine from Now supplements, a brand from USA, and have a doubt as to intake... The substance comes in non coated tabletes and I wonder whether they are supposed to be chewable or I have just to swallow them with a a shot of water... anybody would help me???

just noticed my mistake in the title.. of course it is "intake"

#1 B_Heart_of_Lion, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

Swallow them with water, not chewable unless the front label on the bottle clearly states they are chewable. I don't know of any L-arginine that comes in a chewable form.

3. B_Heart_of_Lion

thanks for helping me! Actually there's no clear statement as to whether the drug is chewable or not but, just out of curiosity, how do you know that? you ever took Arginine? I thought it was a drug mostly used by men...

4. B_Heart_of_Lion

thought I should post a pic of these tablets just to give you a clear idea...

Attached Files:

5. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

Yes, I realize the tablets are very big, the GNC brand is easier to swallow in my opinion but still large. They are definitely meant to be swallowed not chewed, but if you want to try chewing them it would not hurt anything other than maybe not taste very good.

I realize more men use L-arginine than women, but L-arginine is an amino acid supplement and not meant to be gender specific. Many men use it in hope of improving blood flow to the penis but it also improves circulation throughout the body - or at least that's the theory, I don't think it's been proven conclusively yet.

6. Bravo55

Bravo55 Member

I read the article at the link below. It discusses the combination and effects of combining L-Arginine with Pycnogenol. I am 57 years old and have been taking this combination for two years. I have not found much in the way of other research about combining the two. I have also made and sustained significant changes to my diet and exercise routines and have lost nearly 60 pounds during that time.

My experience is that L-Arginine combined with Pycnogenol has made some difference in my EQ which is now very good. It's not a silver bullet by any means but I believe it helps.

Treatment of erectile dysfunction... [J Sex Marital Ther. 2003 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI

7. B_MrSexyBody

B_MrSexyBody New Member

had major headache taking that pill so I stopped.

8. B_Heart_of_Lion

that's one of my biggest concern bout this supplement... do you remember what was the exact dosage you were taking when having headache??

9. B_MrSexyBody

B_MrSexyBody New Member

lol I forgot. sorry! Its been years..

10. CapAmerica

CapAmerica Member

I've been taking 1000mg of l-arginine every day for the past 3 years (500 mg tablets, one at lunch one after dinner). I've never had a head ache, ever. I definitely notice a difference in my erections (as does my wife). FULLER and firmer and morning wood every day (I'm 48). About 3 months after I started taking them, while my wife was riding me, she did comment something to the effect..."lord it feels huge". I can say when stroking it, I can see a much fatter head and all the veins are much more present. Does it make me cum more - nope.

My chiro recommended it for heart health several years back and when I went for my vasectomy 2 years ago, the urologist ask about what meds/supplements I took and I told him about the L-arginine. He said several of his patients had reported it helped with early ED or just for a firmer erection.

I've used GNC's Argin-Max (too expensive and has other ingredients that I'm not keen on). I found Vitamin Shoppe's brand is fine and less costly. Also supplement warehouse has the fitness pro brand that's cheap and good too.

11. B_Heart_of_Lion

glad to know such a small dosage gave you all the benefits from arginine... I m going to take 3 grams a day as they say you need to take 0,5 gr. per 10 kgs bodyweight... actually I would need 4,5 gr. but that seems too much IMO then I m gonna stick to 3 grams a day

Draft saved Draft deleted