Arizona Republican=Holocaust Denier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_OtterJoq, Apr 27, 2010.

1. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

2. Levi

Levi New Member

Albums:
    Basically a typical republican ,a nasty ignorant peice of shit.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

At this rate, it'll only be a matter of time before we go back to being 3/5ths of a man. :rolleyes:

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

You won't get a rebuttal from me. Something happened in Arizona about 30 years ago before Evan Mecham, mormon and used car dealer, became Governor. At the time, most Arizonans found him so duplicitous that they kicked him out of office. About the same time there was an obvious shift in the local English dialect of Arizona. People started talking with a bad imitation of a Texas accent. (very true) And Phoenix happily accepted the 1980s inmigration of many out-of-work blue collar folks from the Rust Belt looking for work with companies such as Motorola. The sudden inmigration created an odd mix. Suddenly there was a huge monolingual population that didn't appreciate the historically bicultural (Spanish/English) flavor that was unique to Arizona and New Mexico. Fortunately, New Mexico was spared a similar migration of workers from the Rust Belt.

Up until about 1980, Arizona took pride in its close ties with Mexico and Mexicans. Spanish was the preferred foreign language to learn in most high schools. But the sudden influx of folks from other States changed the general feel and substance of what it was to be an Arizonan. Arizona was the home State of such political luminaries as Barry Goldwater and Stewart Udall. It was neither overly Republican or Democrat. But it had a long heritage of intellectual politicians from both major parties. Not anymore. Not after Evan Mecham's low-mileage governorship and being home to a vice president who couldn't spell potato.

Current Arizona is a place where 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Mexican Americans have decided it's OK to make fun of their neighbors south of the border. All you need to do is to encounter the "militiamen" camped out in places like Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and realize that white people originally from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Ohio etc., who retired to Arizona have decided they are more patriotic than anyone else. I base this on personal experience when I was surrounded by a bunch of them and held at gun point at a remote, undeveloped camp site in the aforementioned National Monument until the Border Patrol showed up. I have a bumper sticker on the back of my Jeep Wrangler that simply says "MEXICO" in red, white and green letters. That was enough to set the "patriotic" militiamen into a flaming tizzy. This happened in 2003.

Despite having paid my $10 camping permit fee, these "patriots" insisted that I produce a driver's license and other identification, as well as explain why I was camping in that part of the monument. I might also add that these "patriots" were, for the most part, drunk or at least drinking (Bud Light?).

When the Border Patrol guys showed up (three trucks and a van), I learned some interesting stuff about the Militiamen of Arizona. First, they are not allowed to carry fire arms outside of their allotted camp site. Second, it's illegal for them to drink and four wheel in the National Monument. Third, it is illegal for them to detain anyone, regardless if someone is an illegal immigrant or a legal citizen. Fourth, the Border Patrol apologized for the harassment and asked if I wanted to press charges for being threatened with fire arms. The Border Patrol has enough problems keeping watch over the border without having to baby sit a bunch of drunk, pseudo patriotic -- and fucking racist -- militiamen.

Arizona should have created a State Border Patrol decades ago to keep out the assholes who moved there from out of state. There have always been racists in Arizona, but with the renewed militiamen that really took hold in the early 1980s, the State has become home for a bunch of white supremacist and neo Nazi groups with direct ties to the Ku Klux Klan. Just drive around the suburb cities around Phoenix and see for your self how Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Phoenix, and Scottsdale now have their own special marginalized neighborhoods that are exclusively white, hispanic, or black. Prior to 1980 Phoenix and surrounding burbs were much more homogenized. Not now. And you'll discover that the people yelling the loudest are whites claiming that Hispanics and "other" minorities are the source of all crime in the State.

It's sad. Very, very sad. And people I've known all my life who live in Tucson have told me several times when I've visited that we should only speak in English in public to avoid unwanted attention and harassment. All of these friends are US citizens and most of them white. So, the Old Pueblo, (as Tucson likes to call itself), also suffers from the same racism that didn't exist (at least to the extent that it does now) prior to the 1980s.

Whenever I've had to return to the USA for business I've usually flown from Barcelona to Heathrow to catch a British Airways flight that does nothing buy fly an stretched Boeing 777 from London to Sky Harbor in Phoenix. It's a 12-hour non-stop flight offering good service and inexpensive tickets. From Sky Harbor I can easily catch a Las Vegas commuter flight for a few bucks and have an employee meet me in Vegas to drive me home to Elko County. Well, it looks like I won't be taking that British Airways flight anymore. Sky Harbor and Arizona can do without my airport taxes. Air Canada can get me to Toronto where I can change flights (getting a few hours to stretch my legs) and get on another Air Canada flight to Las Vegas. Yeah, much better idea. However, Air Canada is substantially more expensive.

So, talk among yourselves. I'm boycotting Arizona and encouraging everyone I know to do the same. They should change their official State slogan from Grand Canyon State to Grand Assholes State as soon as possible. :smile:

#4 midlifebear, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  5. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

"Aryan-zona," anyone?

I'm with you, midlifebear. Thanks for a great post!

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a particularly strong dislike for "Zonies", as Southern Californians refer to Arizonans. Every summer, they flood across the Colorado into L.A./San Diego like fire ants, and though they contribute to the economy, they're a huge nuisance on the freeways and roads of our cities. They take up all the parking spots at the beaches, and cause clusterfucks on the freeways because they have no idea where the hell they are going.

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry, libtards, but this type of bullshit demands a response...and since the federal government hasn't stepped up to its duty, you can hardly fault the state of Arizona for taking action in the interest of its citizens.

8. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I need to read up on this more, but from what I have seen, I don't see an issue with asking folks that are questionable for their Identification.

It's no different than your drivers license. By law, If your caught without it, you can be fined.
    Many foreign countries require you to have your ID or passport with you at all times.

I don't agree with illegal americans. If they want to be in the U.S. then become a frickin citizen, and contribute, not leech off the system.

They can keep their heritage.. they can express their language and beliefs just like the rest of us, but Damnit.... Don't come here for a free ride!

Good for Arizona for speaking up when the U.S. Government looks away.

Don't know much about Pearce - He sounds like a piece of work. Money gets the news crews cameras though doesn't it?

#8 Rikter8, Apr 27, 2010
  9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    So who would qualify as one of those "folks that are questionable"?

10. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Libtards? It aint just "libtards" against this law. It's Libertarians too. Hell, even Marco Rubio, tea bagger idol, is against it.

11. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The problem is that the bill doesn't specify what "reasonable suspicion" is, with regard to "looking like" an illegal immigrant. In fact, many cities, including Phoenix, have stated that they are going to ask EVERYBODY that they stop for proof of citizenship. PAPERS PLEASE!

12. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it would be fair to say any criminal should have thier status checked at the very least

people who are making totally insane traffic violations, as if they have no liscence...people who want to get a liscenece...people who want to vote...
    people who don't speak English
    and anyone who says "..eh" at the end of a sentence

13. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    past bad behavior does not automatically discredit current ideas of an individual, just like past good behavior dosn't mean someone is automatically doing something right (at this time) so who he is connected to or what he's said about other issues is nothing more then a smere tactic
    as to checking peoples citizen ship, I'm for it

btw the title of your thread is quite inflammitory, I mean the way it's written looks like you are saying to be an Arizona Republican is to be a HOlocaust Denier...not that just one has said it, I'm sure that was a calculated (if underhanded) move on your part tho

14. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

So you're fine with the fact that a Holocaust denier with strong neo-Nazi ties is the father of this legislation, yes?

Hmm.

Oh...If you get to use "libtard," then I get to call you a "CUNTservative." Deal?

15. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    extreamly mature, I suppose to retalliate I should question your dentil hygene....

16. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

If the jackboot fits...

17. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    wait I thought you didn't land on plymoth rock, but plymoth rock landed on you
    you should be all about deportation of people that didn't get here 'the right way'...
    then again that quote wasn't yours directly of course
    but honestly it's assanine to say that you are going to go back to being a slave because we want people to immigrate legally I mean, what's the INTELLIGENT basis for that argument? I'm pretty sure there isn't one...

#17 TheRob, Apr 27, 2010
  18. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Anyone who doesn't look like "one of us." (Wink, nudge.)

19. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    sounds a lot like people who don't like illegal immigration

20. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    you know, Usama Bin Laden paid for several medical facilities to be built in his lifetime, should we burn them down because of OTHER stuff he did?
    If you can't make a mature argument don't make any argument at all....
    it looks better for the people on your side believe me

Draft saved Draft deleted