Arizona shows their true colors again! WHITE

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Big_Nog, Nov 3, 2010.

1. B_Big_Nog

B_Big_Nog New Member

if you dont remember it was arizona that made the racist law against immigration

now see what they are doing. they have banned affirmative action

Arizona Bans Affirmative Action | News One

i dont know what the black/hispanic population in arizona is but i can tell you these laws were voted for by scared and bigoted whites. it is unconstitutional and just goes to show that we haven't come very far as a country since the days of jim crow

fuck arizona and fuck racists :mad:

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wow... so many people paranoid that a brown person will come and take one of those under the table, below minimum wage jobs that nobody else would ever take. Either that, or they think that a brown person will somehow take them out of contention for a high profile one even though the mass majority of these jobs go to caucasians anyhow based on several different aspects of discrimination & bias.

I'm sure folks in Mississippi are happy that they are no longer the most backward state in America. This "ruling" won't last long.

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I don't get it

you mean it is Constitutional for the government to make distinctions based on race/ethnicity?

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Of course you wouldn't get it. Especially since it's been happening in this country for centuries and in favor of people of one race, even with the Constitution and Affirmative Action in place. So removing it does what exactly?

5. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

First show me where it's Constitutional for one human being to own another.

6. B_Big_Nog

B_Big_Nog New Member

as a gay man u should be pissed about this, it discriminates against gays too! quit listining to glen beck and READ something

7. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^He hates that he's gay, in case you didn't know.

8. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I took this post as sarcastic...am I wrong??:confused:

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

He's not being sarcastic... he honestly believes that shit.

10. cs7309

cs7309 New Member

The immigration law wasn't implicitly racist. Didn't mention any race. If you want to say that most of the illegal immigrants sucking up resources down there are latin then that's on you. It also applies to eastern euros, errant canadians, ...

If you want racist then look at affirmative action. I agree that there was a time in this country where we needed affirmative action and quotas and such to give non-whites a bootstrap to pull themselves up with and beat the good old boy network. It worked. No need for it anymore with today's politically correct horseshit.

If you want to know if something is racist or not it's simple. Substitute white and black or white and brown or whatever the evil race color of the moment is with the color you are trying to protect and you'll see if it's racist or not.

If you said blacks should be given preferential job status or scholarship opportunities over whites then just switch that around to see if it's racist or not.

Whites should be given preferential job status or scholarship opportunities over blacks.

Holy shit! That's fucking racist! Guess the first statement was too then. Real simple.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It worked? How about we look at actual statistics from the United States Department of Labor - Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age
    (Original numbers appear on chart in thousands)

In September 2010, the number of white men employed in this country over the age of 20 was 65,602,000.

And here are other numbers featuring other demographics in the same month:
    White women - 54,751,000
    Black/African American (both men & women) - 28,794,000
    Asians (both men & women)- 11,283,000

This is even with Affirmative Action in place and additional studies that prove discrimination still exists when it comes to corporations and new hires. I'm not sure if this is a sign of anything working to be honest. But it's dishonest to say that everyone is being treated equally here.

Well, your comment is racist. But that's not what Affirmative Action is all about so your example is moot. It doesn't randomly give preferential job status or scholarship opportunities just based on race. The drug dealer on the street corner doesn't automatically get to go to college over the white man who went to school and got straight A's just because of Affirmative Action.

Just mention someone's skin color and an issue becomes racial.
    However, when the numbers don't match the rhetoric just calling it racist isn't enough of a red herring to demonize it.

#11 B_VinylBoy, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  12. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Sustained research over time on the effects of affirmative action programs have identified white women as the primary beneficiary.

Curiously, I've had more than one (painful) talk with Ward Connerly, a brother who benefited widely in former AA programs through minority business grants, only to serve as stool pigeon for rich conservatives later. He says that class considerations should take the place of racial and gender ones. Curious how this will pan out. In any event, the wicked wording of the proposition probably did the cause in, especially given the brown vilification evident in a number of ads. (Think of Angle's clear indication that white happy college kids' jobs and benefits were getting threatened by the surliest of cholo lookin' dudes.)

Look. I made a decision today. I'm trying my best not to get sour about the backlash. So far, I'm okay. The truth is, though, the bigotry that gets in the way of politics here is borderline gross, especially given how discussing racial relations in US history is akin to yelling "Kill whitey!" I see a lot of popcorn popping and subterfuge.

The state voted to resist universal health care, which is going to be just fine until more people get sick and cut funding would drive people back to the emergency room. Go ahead, Arizona. Drop kids. Cut wages. Poor, broke, sick, and angry people do not take well to governing. I dare you.

13. B_Big_Nog

B_Big_Nog New Member

i think we should ship white newborns to ghettos to be raised and black babies to rich upper class areas then maybe we would have some equality the next generation

maybe we should ban straight marriage for a while and see how they feel about that

14. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    yes

15. conntom

Gold Member

As long as it favors them and those they agree with they will say YES.

If it favors - oh say - a republican or a str8 white guy - or people who live a more traditional life - then no the lpsg political forum(mostly left wingers) will cry foul.

Oh this area hasn't changed a bit - nor will it.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Even with Affirmative Action on the books new hires in the workplace still favor white men. Statistics from the Department of Labor, as listed above in a previous post, support this. This argument about how Affirmative Actions mistreats them is absolute bullshit. The rhetoric doesn't keep in pace with any of the numbers. But hey, why should a mere statistical fact from the federal government keep you from believing your own pseudo-Utopian ideology, eh?

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

so, we may apply laws differentially against Harold, Kumar, Amir and Jose?

does that mean that government can also issue laws specific to each of these groups that would not apply to other groups?

I thought the basis of our laws was protection of the individual, and the protection of one's individual rights?

so, our laws should focus on groups?

does that include religious groups, or groups claiming to be a religious group?

is this true at both the State and federal levels?

#17 B_Nick4444, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

if that's some roundabout way of making reference to the 14th Amendment, that Amendment refers to protection of individuals from discrimination by the government; it is, in other words a reaffirmation that they are individuals like any other, subject to equal constitutional protection from a discriminatory government that previously did look at the race as an ascribed criterion for differential treatment

if you are not referring to the 14th Amendment, I don't see the relevance of your post

19. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I am first and foremost an individual, not subsumed under some lib's social engineering reified category to be manipulated by their attempted un-American social engineering

20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

actually, he's indifferent about it, and just regards it as part of what it is to be the actual person behind Nick4444

yes, wrong -- not being sarcastic

Draft saved Draft deleted