Arizona's Immigration Law is Unenforceable

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Martin van Burden, Jun 3, 2010.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

My city made me proud today. The city attorney is posing a countersuit against the State of Arizona, citing lack of money, resources, training, and guarantees of timely immigration status verification that would put the Tucson PD in jeopardy of violating constitutional rights.

The lawsuit is surprisingly readable, and the good stuff starts on page 9. Check it out. :)

http://tiny.cc/hownow

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Deepblackthorne: It's nice to know that the individualist proud spirit of folks in "the Old Pueblo" still persists. If Tucson is your hometown, no doubt you realize what a great city it has been up until the housing boom of the 1980s-1990s that brought in so many non Arizonans. Yet again, another USA city of importance where Spanish is as common as English and has been for at least 150 years.

3. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I have empathy for the plight of Latin Americans in their home nations. Can never figure how they can be so ingenious to get up to North America, but not to get something rolling in their homelands. But I should talk. We'd all still be knocking rocks together to get a fire if it was up to me.

On the OP, situation has gotten out of hand. No state can be expected to handle a half million undocumented persons, especially during economic crisis. Federal Government can no longer look the other way.

4. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indeed- which is why massive fines and/or jail time should be levied against companies that hire illegal immigrants....and the illegal immigrants already here should be able to pay a fine, get in back of the line, and obtain citizenship/green cards.

Draft saved Draft deleted