Armistead Maupin.. 'Michael Tolliver Lives'

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For any of you in 'the know' of the wonderful infamous and famous 'Tales of the City' series by Armistead Maupin, it has been revealed that Armistead is shortly to release a new book entitled 'Michael Tolliver Lives'.

Mr Maupin stated that it was his decision to write a book concerning Mr Michael 'Mouse' Tolliver as people regularly commented on the fact that Michael must be dead by now (Michael contracts HIV in the 'Tales' series)...in Armisteads mind, he wasn't....hence the title of the book.

I for one am looking forward a great deal to this book, Armistead is a wonderful writer, able to conjure wholly and beautifully a personal movie of what has been written in the readers mind.

I felt emotional on hearing the news of this new book, such was the impact of the writing and characters when I was a young man.

I just wondered how the LPSG forum community members in 'the know', feel about hearing this news...if they haven't heard it already.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes I remember this series VERY well. I remember reading it as a youth in college. I'm very glad to hear that Armistead Maupin is still writing and very much look forward to reading his next tome in this series. It's something I'll definitely bookmark & put on my wish list on amazon :)

Mattness

Sexy Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was on a job interview in 1993 and the woman interviewing me obviously had her "Gaydar" go off and she asked me "Are you watching Tales of the City?". I told her that I didn't know what it was.

Several years later, I saw that Netflix had the entire series and I rented it. I was ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED to it and LOVED Laura Linney in it (not to mention all the male nudity!).

The gay cable channel "Logo" runs the series quite frequently in case you wanna see it.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hadn't heard this, but I am glad. I am among those who figured "Mouse" had eventually died of AIDS. I am glad the author thinks otherwise. (Two different men played Mouse in the series. Paul Hopkins took over the role for most of the latter seasons and is a fine actor, but the original actor, Marcus D'Amico, still occupies way too much space in my fantasy world.)