Armpits smell lately

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by fak_et, Feb 22, 2007.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Well Lately, i been noticing my arm pits have a strong odor. Idk if its necessarily bad but its strong. Im 19 and i mean i usually don't have a problem unless ive been sweating. Showering doesn't seem to get rid of it. Deoderant masks it. But, anyone else notice anything else like this?

What is the reason? Only thing i can think of is ive been working out a lot lately and maybe hormonal stuff.

2. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Hormones play into it alot. Working out plays into it a WHOLE lot. I found that when I started working out, the Eau de Wrey factor increased a bit.

I can also tell you that when I quit smoking my personal smell almost disapeared. I could go for a couple of days and not where deodrant. It was crazy.:cool:

3. Pryvate

Pryvate Member

Albums:
    maybe hormonal... or some new hair on there...

4. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I would suggest switching brands of deodorant every once in a while

5. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    watch your diet man. I did an experiment last summer where I tired to go as long as I could without wearing deodorant. At some point I began to realize that the smell that can be produced is directly linked to what you are eating. I would stay away from milk and cheeses. maybe some spices as well. Eat healthy.

6. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have detected an occasional scent change, other than onions, I haven't noticed a direct correlation with food. It is amazing how an onion molecule can go all the way through your system and come out in your nose oil, and still smell the same.
    Have heard that other people think americans smell like cheese, maybe it does the same. Perhaps kim chee also.

7. No_Strings

Gold Member

how hairy are your armpits?

8. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Stress plays a part. My pits really stink (w/ or w/o protection) only when I am really stressed, or pissed, or hyped up or anxious. I think it's some kind of animal warning.

The worst smell I can remember is from a woman's wedding dress on her wedding day. She married the guy who lived next door to me, and he asked if she could change from her dress into the honeymoon clothes in my place, since his place was packed. When I came back home that night, my place reeked. It was her dress hanging in the shower.

They divorced about 2 yrs later, and now she is happily lesbian. So let that be a lesson. Maybe your pits are trying to warn you (or others) about something bad.

(hah.)

9. monsternmypant

monsternmypant New Member

Pit odor comes from two sources: bacteria that live there and your skin. Glands under the skin release sweat and oils that carry a base "scent of you" and get affected to some degree by virtually everything you eat or drink, even water. then, when the bacteria digest the changing content of your sweat and oils, the scent of the gases they release changes.

10. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Regularly hairy, not excessively but i don't shave them. I eat very healthy. I guess ill just have to make sure not to forget using deoderant.

But like i mean before id take a shower, go to bed, put deoderant on in the morning, now.... i need it before i goto bed too.

11. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

Odors can become trapped in hair. If you are determined to keep your armpit hair, wash it repeatedly with deodorant soap and scrub thoroughly to try to remove the odor.

Aerosol deodorants can be better for armpits with hair, because other types tend to sit on the surface of the hair and not reach the skin, where the odor originates.

However, IMHO, the best solution would simply be to shave the hair off. Even if you don't keep your pits shaved, removing the present hair and scrubbing well should get rid of any lingering odors and give you a "fresh" start.

12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Go to the doctor. You cant walk around smelling like #2 sub sandwich....:cool:

13. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Would that be an Italian #2 sub? haha!
    I'm sorry you have this ongoing problem, and I'm really only making light of uncut's quip. But I think H.B. has the right idea, shave it off!
    Mr. Ed has very little armpit hair and never uses deoderant,even after he's been working 12 hours, he smells very little. (I love the way he stinks!)
    So perhaps she is on the money about shaving!

14. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    It has all to do with skin, hair, what you eat and drink and also the shirts you wear.
    If you don't want to shave your armpits, trim the hair as short as possible. Wash more than once a day and use anti-transpirant not only deodorant. Change the brand over a longer period. Notice that some shirts made of nylon or some other artificial stuff make you sweat more than cotton shirts.
    I don't know what food will be better.
    Don't use deodorant before going to bed unless you are in bed with some one who doesn't like the smell of your sweat.

15. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

We all sweat however when it becomes a problem you should seek medical advice, we shouldn't have to put up with it nowadays. There are several deodorants available at pharmacies for excessive sweating, I can't remember what they're called but your pharmacist would be able to advise you.

16. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've gotta say: I've always loved the scent from the armpits of men who have turned me on sexually. If a person showers in the a.m., has a busy day, and evening rolls around...that area, (and the crotch area too), is pure, musky animal scent. As for my own....sometimes it really does smell like tomatoes and onions. I'm a garlic lover, and that makes a difference too. But by then, at the end of my day, I'm not out in public or with somebody who is bothered by it...lol.

17. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Problem solved: Switched from old spice soap (new) to irish springs, cleaned up really good, used some rubbing alcohol, then used some spray deoderant. The smell didnt come back after the deoderant wore off. Im guessing the old spice soap that i just got wasnt doing a good job.

18. Gisella

Gold Member

Glad you found solution.:smile:

Wash it and dry very very well as your clothes too well..and do not borrower others clothes... Beware trying clothes in stores, you never know...prevention is the key for sucess!:cool:

You can use dial antibacterial bars once in a while too.:wink:

19. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bit on the old side of ressurecting this post....
    but, try baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate.

20. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    see below

Draft saved Draft deleted