Arnold and the special election in California on Nov. 8, 05

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
HEY ALL YOU CALIFORNIANS ! and the rest of you living in other dull places.....

Think You have special elections that are special? Not compared to us!

Have a look at www.arnoldsneighborhood.com for further insight on how we truly feel about our governor and his colossal fraud of propostions 74, 75, 76 and 77 on next week's ballot. I have already voted no by absentee ballot. My fellow teachers and I are calling every night as part of our union effort to defeat this union-bashing egomaniac. His idea of reform is to privatize everything, except his perks as governor. I would love to read you responses.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, so that's what it's about...sounds like you've got a Thatcher Junior there! Don't let it happen! Thatcher fucked this country up nearly 30 years ago doing that and we're still having trouble correcting the Tory mistakes.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyHammer1977 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;04 PM) [post=357894]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>Thatcher fucked this country up nearly 30 years ago doing that and we&#39;re still having trouble perpetuating the Tory mistakes.[/b][/quote]
fixed that post for ya chief

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by cruztbone

HEY ALL YOU CALIFORNIANS &#33; and the rest of you living in other dull places.....

Think You have special elections that are special? Not compared to us&#33;

Have a look at www.arnoldsneighborhood.com for further insight on how we truly feel about our governor and his colossal fraud of propostions 74, 75, 76 and 77 on next week&#39;s ballot. I have already voted no by absentee ballot. My fellow teachers and I are calling every night as part of our union effort to defeat this union-bashing egomaniac. His idea of reform is to privatize everything, except his perks as governor. I would love to read you responses.
Why vote against CA-77? It&#39;s not a goddamn partisan issue, dolt. The redistricting just allows you to actually elect your elected officials (WOW, that would be cool) as opposed to having them basically elect themselves. It benefits the people having a voice.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 3 2005, 03&#58;17 PM) [post=357898]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyHammer1977 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;04 PM) [post=357894]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>Thatcher fucked this country up nearly 30 years ago doing that and we&#39;re still having trouble perpetuating the Tory mistakes.[/b][/quote]
fixed that post for ya chief
[/b][/quote]

No no. I know what I said&#33;

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
here is why to vote no on prop 77: a group of retired judges is neither nonpartisan nor qualified to redraw our boundaries 5 years since the last census. How do you think judges get their jobs? most are still appointed by their friends who are partisans of one party or the other. PROP 77: A BAD IDEA MADE WORSE BY ARNOLD&#33;

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 4 2005, 05&#58;24 AM) [post=358102]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyHammer1977 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 02&#58;48 PM) [post=357911]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>No no. I know what I said&#33;
[/b][/quote]
yeah so do i, i was just pointing out that you&#39;re wrong
[/b][/quote]

Because you know all about British Politics.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
apparently more than you do, hero
<

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by cruztbone

here is why to vote no on prop 77: a group of retired judges is neither nonpartisan nor qualified to redraw our boundaries 5 years since the last census. How do you think judges get their jobs? most are still appointed by their friends who are partisans of one party or the other. PROP 77: A BAD IDEA MADE WORSE BY ARNOLD&#33;
<

From Kos at DailyKos.com

CA-77: Why shouldn&#39;t I vote for redistricting?
by kos
Sat Oct 15, 2005 at 08:55:12 PM PDT

I&#39;m filling out my absentee ballot, and I&#39;ve been trying to find a reason to vote no on 77, Arnold&#39;s effort to create a non-partisan redistricting process in California. And I can&#39;t think of any. I&#39;m not sure why busting the current incumbent-protection racket would be a bad thing, why creating competitive districts and forcing incumbents to be more responsive to their constituents than the current 70-80 percent partisan districts require.

Chuck Todd, in this week&#39;s column (not a permalink), makes a great argument for supporting the proposition:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the person who could be speaker if Democrats take back control, is actively raising money to defeat the California redistricting measure. Of course, in California, if districts were no longer drawn by partisans but by bipartisan panels of some political or judiciary makeup, then Democrats could possibly lose a few seats -- though no one&#39;s made a good case to us how they would net a loss. There are some GOP seats they&#39;d likely nab in Southern California that would offset their losses in other parts of the state.

In fact, Pelosi&#39;s commitment to defeat the redistricting measure in California is so great that one Democratic operative told us she called its defeat her "top priority." As this operative noted to us, "left unsaid was the fact that winning back the House was not the &#39;top priority.&#39;"

In Pelosi&#39;s defense, if this California redistricting measure took place in a vacuum, we could understand her focus on defeating it. She could easily spin this as an attempt by national Republicans to save their own majority by re-drawing California the same way Rep. Tom DeLay redrew Texas.

But if there was ever an example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face," this is it. As noted above, Ohio has a similar redistricting reform measure on the ballot this November, which if enacted, would likely give Democrats a better chance in a number of districts. Similarly, some Florida Democrats, led by 2004 Senate nominee Betty Castor, are trying to put a redistricting reform measure on that state&#39;s ballot next year. Florida is one of the more grotesque examples of gerrymandering in the entire country.

Bottom line, California initiatives are like colds, they&#39;re very catchy. If this reform measure passes in California, every other state with an initiative/referendum process would likely follow suit. And there are far more gerrymandered states in favor of the GOP right now than the Democrats. Redrawing the districts in these states would lead to Congress being much more representative of the national mood.

But Pelosi is making sure she (and probably the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee) can&#39;t support any of these initiatives in these other states without looking like a blatant hypocrite. By fighting the California redistricting reform initiative so vehemently, Pelosi is proving to some that she&#39;s running for power, pure and simple. No different than DeLay. We shouldn&#39;t be surprised; she was raised in a household that embraced machine politics and that&#39;s how she rules the Democratic caucus, like an old-style machine (ironically, it&#39;s how DeLay has shaped the House Republicans).

But this style of politics is exactly what has voters potentially up-in-arms. They are searching for reform, and redistricting reform would be a real step in the voters&#39; direction. And it appears it&#39;s a gigantic missed opportunity for the Democrats in search of something substantial to be for as they shape their reform message for &#39;06.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK - Not that I&#39;m a big fan of Arnie as a govorner, but why the hell do people have a hard time putting together a serious website these days to talk about serious issues. Something like http://www.betterca.com/ that doesn&#39;t give us some cutesy cartoon b/c they think we can&#39;t read. I&#39;m all for cutesy cartoons just for the fun of it, but not when someone want&#39;s to be taken seriously on some issue. *steps off soap box*

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Nov 4 2005, 04&#58;11 PM) [post=358195]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
apparently more than you do, hero
<

[/b][/quote]

<

I&#39;m not even gonna go there&#33; It&#39;s too easy to bite back&#33;

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cruztbone &#064; Nov 3 2005, 05&#58;52 PM) [post=358061]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

The fact that both parties oppose 77 is enough to make me like it. Both parties are populated with corrupt morons.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Arnie is so off base in understanding anything about education. You bet I&#39;m voting NO on the issues. I hope it all comes back to him when the steroid abuse kicks in and his hospital nurse is streched between dozens of patients...or the police and fire fighters can&#39;t get to him to protect his house because they are spread to thin....or his lawyers can&#39;t get his father&#39;s association with the Nazi&#39;s out of the press because they can&#39;t write an argument due to a poor education. He is so destructive to this state...it just makes me sick.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Prop 77 was NEVER about fairness in redistricting. It was about Ahhhnold appointing 3 retired judges to do in CA what Tom Delay did in Texas. But the people of CA saw through it; 60% voted no.

And , yes, there are good elected leaders in both parties. However, the Democrats have got it right, and fewer of them are selfish louts in comparison to Repugnantcans.

Next year, on to smash Ahhhhhnold, and send him back to Hollywood to make MORE REALLY BAD MOVIES. And , when Maria is not around, to be the GROPENATOR again.

By the way , at today's news conference in Sacramento, Arnold admitted he should have listened to Maria and never called for the special election.

I am so happy! It is always good to teach a lesson to a bully posing as a
wannabe reformer!:cool:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Feels very good to have been part of the ass whipping that arnold so desperately needed.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cruztbone said:
Prop 77 was NEVER about fairness in redistricting. It was about Ahhhnold appointing 3 retired judges to do in CA what Tom Delay did in Texas. But the people of CA saw through it; 60% voted no.

Somebody fell for the Judge Wapner commercial.

If you actually read the ballot measure, you'd have known that the governor would have no say in choosing the judges at all. They'd be randomly selected from a pool consisting of an equal number of retired judges from each party, each Democrat being chosen by Republican leaders and vice-versa. Not exactly a scam.

There are principled reasons to have opposed it. There's no need to make shit up.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
and apparently, you did not. Prop 77 was never a solution to partisan political redistricting. It was the easiest way for the governator to use his second-hand legislative stooges to "suggest" 3 qualified judges to do the job. Who do you think most judges owe their jobs to? the legislators and the governor. How more incestuous does it have to be , aloofman, for you to see that this IS NOT a solution? I dont have to make shit up, Ahhhhnold does it all for us. Just as when he directed his GAWD awful movies. In any event, we girlymen of the California Teachers' association whipped his ass.

WE SHALL DO SO AGAIN NEXT NOVEMBER! you read it here first.:D