Arrested Duke Lacrosse Player

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dcwrestlefan, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

2. B_cricketsliar

B_cricketsliar New Member

It's big news here in New Jersey, as one of the players arrested is a former Delbarton Prep Student. While I firmly believe in innocent until proven guilty, I hope the lack of DNA substantiation does not engender the TAWANA BRAWLEY treatment by the media.

3. Shelby

Gold Member

How do you feel about the accused name's being made public and the accuser's not?

4. B_cricketsliar

I believe that the presumption of innonence necessitates that the accused identity should be legally protected- until guilt is legally proven, just as the accuser's identity is legally protected without regard to the veracity of the allegation.

5. B_cricketsliar

We could agree that these Lacrosse Players may not be model Citizens. But being a Bad person, does not mean one is automatically guilty of a given crime.

6. Matthew

Gold Member

It's already happening.

7. inkubus963

inkubus963 Member

8. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

why are you reading anything that has to do with ann coulter???

what i think happened is that a few of the guys fucked the girl then busted in her eye and hair. she got pissed and said they "raped" her. even this bitch's girlfriend said nothing happened now these 2 guys lives are ruined

9. inkubus963

inkubus963 Member

I read everything I can. Better to know what someone is saying, than to guess.

10. Matthew

Gold Member

In general, this is true. However, there are exceptions to every rule. Exhibit A: Ann Coulter.

11. inkubus963

inkubus963 Member

I'll clarify a bit: Ann Coulter has a nationally syndicated column. I rarely, if ever, agree with her views, primarily because she dips far too deeply into rabid emotion as opposed to logic. Unfortunately several others do agree with her, and may make decisions and take stances based on that agreement. I prefer to be prepared for arguments that use her views, as well as the views of any other major Op-Ed.

12. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

Albums:

13. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

What's the salary of a professional LaCrosse player anyways, $25,000? That's hardly an allowance for these guys.

Nothing's been ruined for them except that they won't be partying hardy for the rest of the semester lest Dad might take the Mercedes convertible away for a weekend because the eyes of the world are upon the family trust.

As for the stripper, maybe she was raped, maybe not. It's up to a jury of the boys' peers to decide that.

They can, however, be glad I'm not registered to vote in their jury pool district. I would appear for voir dire wearing my Texas bolo tie shaped like a noose.

14. B_cricketsliar

Whatever happened to objectivism in journalism, or the Impartial Media?

I find it sad that the Dancer in question is being villified, as a savage, money-hungry, opportunistic, low-class Extortionist.

I also find it sad that these men are basically regarded as guily vis a vis prior bad acts i.e. alleged hate crimes, and or animosity towards women.

The media is not drawing the mob closer to the truth, but more towards hysteria.

15. B_cricketsliar

dcwrestelfan,

Do you find that Lacrosse, like Hockey is a last bastion of sports for White Boy's wanting to prove their Macho? With your knowledge of Lacrosse as a sport do you find that it attracts White Men who feel they need to prove something by being hyper aggressive in life?

Most inner-city school's do not have Lacrosse Programs, whereas more affluent, or private schools do- would you agree that Lacrosse is a sport of the monied elite?

16. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

lots of inner city schools don't have wrestling programs either. lack of interest. the school systems and students ultimately decide that.

you dont see many black lacrosse players. true. but you also have a lower percentage of whites in basketball. not sure what difference it makes in either case. the color barrier can be broken in any sport if you have the talent. two words - tiger woods.

i was just passing on additional information, not making a judgement about the situation etc. one was apparently homophobic and violent in a situation here in dc. but lets hear the details of that too. i suspect they are people i would not want to spend time with, nor they me, but no one can be convicted of not being a nice person.

i think athletes, college or pro, black or white, feel that they don't have to follow all the rules the rest of us do, in a higher percentage of cases. it should not be this way. if they are guilty, punish them. if they are not, and the woman lied (my gut says she didn't), punish her. the kobe bryant situation kinda went away quietly. i wasn't there, so don't know for sure what happened in any of the cases. college and pro athletes should certainly be able to have sex if they want - just not forced. period.

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hah, it never fails. I was surprised when I started reading the column (I actually agreed with her points in the first couple of paragraphs...) but then it got to the old ann coulter I know, blaming rapes and murders on the liberal democrats. To quote Al Franken, "What is wrong with Ann Coulter?"

So anyway, back on topic, what's the big deal? Mr. Finnerty likes to beat up whores and queers. The only difference between the two is that with the queers, all he wants to do is beat them up. With the whores, he wants to beat 'em up, and also slip 'em a few inches of that good Finnerty stuff. Why does everyone think that is such a problem?

18. B_cricketsliar

All good points! Do you think that their standing as althletes compounded their Racial and Class priviledges? If they were poor white Lacrosse players, and the victim was also white, would it be such a media event?

19. 11incher

11incher New Member

Albums:
    The skinny kid is know in big trouble. He had a plea in DC but needed to stay out of trouble they have now pulled the deal. He was arrested for smacking around spme poor kid who did nothing because he was gay or thought he was gay.

If this kid loses and I will bet he will, any judge will throw his ass in the can for at least 6 months. He will end up doing time in a DC jail I can't explain to you how bad that kid will be abused. No amount of money will save his ass and yes I mean his ass in there. DC jails make NYC jails look like Club Fed.

20. xrush_uncut

xrush_uncut New Member

Racial divide is always so apparent. I suppose some are going to jump on me for this.

Hurricane Katrina:
    • White people stealing bread from grocery stores "found the bread because of their intense hunger and struggle for survival"
    • Black people (I'm not talking about the asses that were stealing big-screen TVs; I'm referencing the picture of a black mother and child with a package of bread and a can of tuna) were "looting the neighborhood grocery stores".
    Duke Lacrosse Story:
    • While unrelated, when White girls strip and whore themselves out for the better good of getting an education and doing well in life, they're doing a great service to become a productive part of society. I've seen and heard so many people say these girls might be doing immoral things, but they're doing it to get an education and they shouldn't be looked down upon.
    • Black college students strip to help themselves get through school and they're just dirty, fucking, disgusting, whorish nig___s. This is how people are portraying these girls.
    And for the record, the girl's friend, who said at first nothing happened, is still saying she didn't see anything, but changed her story to say that she didn't witness anything but something must have happened after she was shown pictures of the victim.

Now, of course, this may be just some ho' that wants a payday, but what if she isn't?

Draft saved Draft deleted