Arrested!

brad2002: BTW. Mark, your sarcastic ad hominem attack is very unbecoming and reveals more about you than it does about me. If you look at my posts, you will readily admit that I am no prude.

Curtis: I've been reading this discussion with great interest. Many good points have been made, the most insightful by Sammygirly.

Our society, indeed most of the civilized world, has some repressed attitudes toward nudity, especially the male genitalia. From what I've been able to learn, these attitudes go back more than a millenium and are common to most of the world's major religions, so they aren't likely to change soon.

With that in mind, the challenge for those of us with penises large enough to notice is to find some common sense compromises, weighing our own comfort against the expectations of this repressed society.

Should I have the same right as any other man to wear what is comfortable? Theoretically, yes. But in hindsight, I probably should have thought about my appearance a bit before walking into a Jockey store and asking the teenage female employee about "roomy" underwear.

Most of us would agree that the police overreacted here, but a little forethought on my part also could have averted the whole ugly incident.

I still dress for comfort when possible. I can be seen mowing my lawn, walking my dog through the park, maybe even grocery shopping with only thin cotton shorts or sweats between me and the world. But I also try to use better judgement.

Curtis

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Brad, this isn't a cocktail party, so I'm not very concerned about etiquette. And I'm glad that my response says more about me than it does you. I have strong reactions to discrimination of this sort because I have been discriminated against many times and I have seen it happen to others, both men and women, simply because of an interest in adult entertainment and sexuality.

Being offended once in a while is the price we pay for living in a free society.

brad2002: Curtis, I really appreciate your last response. And please don't feel like I was pointing the finger at you without doing the same to myself.. Ive been guilty on more than one occasion of pushing the envelope of decency in public, myself. In fact, I once barely escaped arrest, myself. I did not at first realize that this story was truly your own, so, though my opinion remains the same, my bravado in the first response may have seemed a bit strong. I'm sorry you ran into trouble with the law. I hope we all can learn from it.

Mark, this is not about ettiquette. Having strong opinions does not justify an ad hominem attack. An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man") is a cheap attempt to get attention focused on your opposition personally, rather than have it focused on your own weak position. If you didn't like my argument, your point would be best made by addressing the argument itself. It's a shame, because I don't really feel that your position is all that weak. I appreciate reading your posts on this topic, as a matter of fact.

To quote a famous and virtuous American: Can't we all just get along!

Alligator_Jack: i think everyone has the right to feel comfortable, and when you intrude on that right, youre setting yourself up for trouble

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Where would you draw the line, Alligator? Should men be able to walk around without wearing a shirt? One of the posters said his mail carrier was uncomfortable when she saw him shirtless.

My mother is uncomfortable when she sees men wearing bikinis on the beach. Should she call the police?

My point is that it's impossible to come up with laws that protect everyone in society from feeling "uncomfortable."

labobtome: I see lots of references to women with large chests being compared to men with large packages, but I don't think that's a fair comparison.

First of all, it's near impossible to hide large breasts. There are ways to hide, or better conceal bulges. Sweatpants with nothing else are usually "cruising" attire to show off. Even if it's innocent at the time, how many have admitted to doing this to show off?

Breasts are "public" despite the intent to cover them up. The upper body is more socially acceptable, it's the lower half that is taboo mostly. Women would get in trouble if they wore micro-miniskirts with no underwear, and showed off publically, or may get more negative feedback of they wore spandex so tight it showed off their camel-toes.

Women can wear tight shirts, and men can go shirtless in public, if I chose to I could go jogging around the neighborhood shirtless, and very few would mind. Now if a woman did this you can bet the cops would be called. And if either of us ran bottomless the cops would be called even faster.

sammygirly: ~grin~ It's legal for women to be topless in all parts of Ontario but I don't know many large breasted ones who would jog that way.... :D

And the point is, it is NOT easy to hide a large bulge - sometimes, it is every bit as public and hard to conceal as two large breasts.

As for arresting people for making me uncomfortable, someone needs to get Christopher Walken, cuz that dude gives me the willies...

AnonyMs: [quote author=labobtome link=board=relationships;num=1046147216;start=15#26 date=03/02/03 at 01:31:30]
Breasts are "public" despite the intent to cover them up. The upper body is more socially acceptable, it's the lower half that is taboo mostly.[/quote]Where is a cultural anthropologist when you need one? Many of our western cultural taboos stem from living in a white European male dominated society.* Trust me, if women ruled the world, bulges would be in and panty-hose would be out!

*Hopes no one will notice she really doesn't know what she is talking about.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Heh.

AnonyMs, you're not that off, actually. Sorry I'm not exactly the anthropologist to respond here (only had one course, folks), but particularly women's genitalia as a sign of the unclean, not to mention a source of hysteria (womb), had been an ideal in full effect since the Puritan era. Even in the mid 20th century when makeup became part of the manufactured process, Victorian influences to beauty appealed to the "natural, clean" face as presented by God.

Of course, who made these appeals to morality and beauty? Yeah, white European men -- or at least those in power who honored tradition and the conservative past.

Curtis: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=relationships;num=1046147216;start=15#28 date=03/03/03 at 10:06:38]Trust me, if women ruled the world, bulges would be in and panty-hose would be out![/quote]

Yeah, right.

Why, just the other day, some buddies and I were just commenting on how we really love the look of a woman in pantyhose, and wish they would wear them more often... oh yeah. And nail polish. A woman just doesn't look feminine without painted-up nails... (snicker)

Conversely, I've never had a man call the cops on me!

Curtis

Jimmyman51: This is somewhat related - but on the opposite spectrum. There has been increasing usage by lawyers of a tactic now called "small penis defense."
And, no, this isn't a joke.
When men are accused of indecent exposure, one way to get out of it is to prove that the accuser didn't really see the man's penis, or more usually, that it was too small to be seen from a distance.
Recently in Pennslyvania, a painter working in a woman's home was arrested after she called the police and claimed he had purposely let his erect penis "dangle out of his jean shorts leg."
In court - most likely very embarrassing - his attorney began his defense by saying her client's penis was too small to even come close to dangling out of his cut-off shorts. To prove this, he was required by the judge to expose his soft penis to the jury. (During jury selection, possible jurists were told they'd be subjected to male frontal nudity.)
The lawyer also had her client's erection photographed, as well as measured, and those were both also entered into evidence as proof he wasn't big enough to dangle out of the shorts.
The man was found not guilty and cleared.
In a similar case in Wisconsin, a man who lived on a lake liked to sunbathe nude on his dock. The nearest neighbor (1/4 mile away) called police and said she could see his penis.
During court, the man's attorney presented a defense that his client's penis was 3" soft, and that from a quarter mile away, it wouldn't even be visible. Furthermore, he added statistics that from that distance, his client's penis would have to be minimum 10 inches long to even be slightly visible.
He, too, was acquited.
So, sometimes may be good to be smaller!

monster: all i've got to say is that i've walked around without underwear while wearing sweats and got lots of looks but i never had that kind of problem. make sure you let us know where you were so we don't go there.
and to labobtome i've got a big one and it is VERY HARD to hide especially when erected. when comparing breasts to penises when they are small and even average both can be completely covered and hidden( i knew a girl who was between b and c cups and could complete hid her tits because she dressed VERY modestly which most girls do NOT do in this day and age) but if your large (a little above average or alot) it is very difficult to hide EVEN dressing modestly.

ruscular: I think this is double standard!
I have been kick out of a gym because of my bulge. But I never consider that I could be arrested. I am very lean and a flat gut, there is no way I could hide the bulge. When I waited on tables they make you wear a smock type apron that show the bulge even more. I just lived with it. If I wear jocket shorts they get arouse rubbing between my shorts. so I wear french type shorts. And they bulge but at least they stay in place. I hope that I dont ever get arrested, but I think its wrong to arrest someone because they have a bulge.

AUncut10in: I thought a lot about posting this because it is so embarassing for me. But then I decided that the same thing could happen to almost anyone on this forum. I find it so unfair that so many have attacked Curtis as if it was his fault for being arrested. And I know I will probably get the same treatment. But I finally felt compelled to make this post because what happened to me could probably happen to almost every guy on this form.

It was Christmas time a couple of years ago. I was doing some shopping at the local mall. Went to the restroom to take a leak. There was only one other guy in there who was washing his hands. I pulled my dick out and proceeded to take a piss. Well the guy washing his hands was staring at my cock the whole time I was pissing. There were no modesty shields and he could see everything. This has happened to me a thousand times before. it is not uncommon for me to get stared at while taking a piss. I am sure you guys know what I mean. I just looked straight forward until I was finished. When I was done, I turned a quarter turn toward the guy as I stuffed my dick into my pants. I know I was showing off a little, but thought nothing of it. As I walked out of the restroom this guy followed me and told me I was under arrect. He handcuffed me and took me to security.

I was shocked and really had no idea what this was about. They told me to just be truthful and write out what happend and I would be released. So I wrote down exactly what happened. The undercover employee also wrote a statement. and totally made up stuff that never happened. He said I was erect and was jerkin off at the urinal. None of that was true. I wasn't even erect. But the bottom line was he thought I had an erection. I ended up having to hire a lawyer and like Curtis, just plead guilty because I was not about to go to trial and tell everyone I was arrested because my dick totally soft would be on the upper end of what an average cock is hard. In the end, I was arrested totally because I had a big dick.

So here is why I made this post. First. t is nice to know that I am not alone and either are you. Second, cops lie to make their flimsy action seem more like it was justified. Third, you can get arrested just for having a big dick. Yeah I didn't need to turn slightly toward the guy. I know a lot of us guys with big dicks like showing off a little. Just be careful. While I didn't think I could get in trouble by showing off a little to a guy that was totally staring at me the whole time, I was wrong. I absolutely know that the guy would have never stared at me if I had been a normal size and would thought nothing about it if I had turned slightly toward him while buttoning my levis up after I was done. I decided to post this experience more as a warning to all you guys that are so big when you are soft. Just be careful. Unfortunately no matter how unfair it is, it can get you in trouble.

eselchen: I went to holland with two friends years ago. On the way back, our car was stopped and thoroughly searched for drugs. We had discussed taking some grass back home, but in the end we were too chickenshit and didn't take any. You can imagine that we were almost exhilarated about being searched under those circumstances and snickered all the time. Bad idea. Usually, they dont bother to do body searches when the cars are clean, but not this time. I went second. The guy in the interrogation/asspoking-room ordered me to undress and carefullly examined each of the pieces of clothing that I handed him. When I dropped my jeans, the officer looked at my crotch and got a delighted gotcha-finally-you-cheeky-brat-expression on his face. I looked down and realized that he thought i'd stuffed my briefs with dope. With a grin that I can only describe as victorious, he pointed at my middle section and said "underwear, please". I complied. It was priceless, friends, absolutely priceless. Utter disbelief. When he finally regained composure he barked at me to get dressed and piss off. The funniest thing was that after that they send us on our way without searching my other friend. "Is that a dime bag in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" became a favourite quote among the three of us.

ruscular: I guess I have to be somewhat understanding about this. I think it is true that most of us have soft penis that are larger than most when hard. So from that view I guess I can see how this would be a situation that possibly be unavoided.

But damn it!!!! Those with Big penis stand up and fight the good fight. We need to erect and assert ourselves to higher standard. Dont let those with little penis push us around.

No More! Big Penis will stand up!