Arrogance in men

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to say, I am copying an pasteing this reply I put in the "why are men such ass holes thread".

It really bugs me that alot of women will sit here and claim they want men who think highly of themselves and who are opinionated and have a strong personality. It's attractive, right?

My reply:

When I meet a guy who seems really arrogant I'm repelled!!!!

You women CLAIM you want a guy with opinions and with a backbone but then when a guy gets even a little arrogant all you do is get turned off.

ARROGANCE IS A BYPRODUCT OF HAVING OPINIONS AND HAVING A FUCKING BACKBONE.

/rant.

Discuss?

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I for one think there is a big difference between having opinions & backbone and being arrogant. Arrogance carries an air of superiority which can easily turn into hostility. One can have a backbone and strong opinions and still be respectful of other people. Arrogance implies treating others with disdain.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thankyou Ladie above!!!

MY SENTIMENTS ENTIRELY.....

YOU!!!!!!!! SCFH....

See the other thread for my answer....seriously this matter is closed.

You got no arguement love!!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
as far as the hook-up goes arrogance is a turn on. i like a little bit of antagonism and that alpha male snarl. push but expect to be pushed back. all in good fun.

when most women say "a man with opinions" she means "a man with the same opinions as me."

reason #340 why i am currently dating a man.

ML

ML

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
when most women say "a man with opinions" she means "a man with the same opinions as me."

Yes some of the same ones....but different ones too!!

Cos thats where the chemistry comes from...I want a guy I can have little rows with...why not.

Opinions yes!!! A bit of mouth yes! Arrogant bastard NO!!

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"ar⋅ro⋅gance 

–noun offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride."

Taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Arrogance

Do you believe it's hormonal?

There can be arrogance in some women and in some men.

The problem with the definition is that word "offensive" - Any type of display of dominance can be seen as "offensive" - it's very subjective.

Any no women can even begin to argue that a man shouldn't be dominant- at least of other men. Women LOVE Alpha males. Common knowledge.

So, the fact that arrogance is just a "display of dominance" that happens to offend someone shouldn't change the fact that a woman is turned on by the man's dominance. What if no one that happens to be around is offended by a display of dominance... Does that make it any better? It certainly does not. Yet women would still be attracted to him after one yet not after another.

It's conumdrum-like.

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media
Arrogant and over opinionated men are the worst. :mad: I want a man who is confident enough to verbalize his opinion rationally without having to force them upon anyone or belittling people in doing so
That is the diffrence between an arogant prick and a confident man. I know a young woman that I work with right now and she has yet to learn the differance. Her boyfrind is a huge prick. I have my oppinions but I dont treat others like idiots because they disagree. I think arogance can often be born of insecurity and a need to prove what a big man you are.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I am sooooooo motherfucking confused right now.

When a guy and a girl meet, do they start talking about politics? Do they express their opinions on issues that are important to them on the first date? How the flying FUCK, does somebody being so opinionated that they have that "air of superiority" even come out until later in the relationship?

The hard part for me is getting the girls attention. I thought this is where the asshole niceguy thing comes in. Asshole who makes fun of people and belittles others...gets the girl. Nice guy who is respectful does not. I thought this is what we were talking about.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uh, I think I broke a nail. Damn!

Truth is, different men/women want different things, and that's what they will seek. The minute everyone is all the same -- and can comprehend each other -- is the instant the whole world will explode in a mushroom of utter boredom.

Mr_Cumalot

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's arrogance. I.e. the man that walks into a bar and starts looking down on people, or looking at girls as if he owns them. And there is confidence - the man that walks into a bar, and isn't afraid to strike up convcersation with a girl.

Take the last one and add a portion of humour and you'll win most girls over. Act like the first one and for every girl you pull (who is probably a submissive) you'll turn off 10 others.