[article] here's how often happy couples have sex

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, based on past surveys, most people aren't getting it in more than twice a week, and get the deed done within ten minutes some time between 11PM and midnight. You ask enough people enough questions, and you can draw some basic logical conclusions. And if most people can't even find the time for more than twice a week, once a week being the minimum that keeps people happy, and more sex not necessarily having any effect on that happiness doesn't sound too far fetched. I know I can tell you I would prefer to have sex twice daily with a live-in partner. Once upon awakening, and once after supper or before bedtime. But I know once a week would be often enough to let me know he desires me, and to bond with him. It might not be my idea of ideal, but with everything else to consider in our day, it would be enough to keep me happy. And if we were having sex twice a say like I'd love, but my house was a mess, my yard was neglected, my animals or dependents were left with needs unmet, I wouldn't be happier. I'd be stressed out about all the shit in my life going undone. That's just multiple lone experience and perspective, but I can see that the results projected from the survey are not unfathomable.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
Well, based on past surveys, most people aren't getting it in more than twice a week, and get the deed done within ten minutes some time between 11PM and midnight. You ask enough people enough questions, and you can draw some basic logical conclusions. And if most people can't even find the time for more than twice a week, once a week being the minimum that keeps people happy, and more sex not necessarily having any effect on that happiness doesn't sound too far fetched. I know I can tell you I would prefer to have sex twice daily with a live-in partner. Once upon awakening, and once after supper or before bedtime. But I know once a week would be often enough to let me know he desires me, and to bond with him. It might not be my idea of ideal, but with everything else to consider in our day, it would be enough to keep me happy. And if we were having sex twice a say like I'd love, but my house was a mess, my yard was neglected, my animals or dependents were left with needs unmet, I wouldn't be happier. I'd be stressed out about all the shit in my life going undone. That's just multiple lone experience and perspective, but I can see that the results projected from the survey are not unfathomable.

I guess I was profoundly affected by an interview I read with Simon LeBon from Duran Duran when I was in my late teens. He said something along the lines of 'get as much sex as you can in in your short lifetime and it doesn't always have to be meaningful.' That has always stuck in my my mind, esp as I only started having regular sex at 24 & feel those 'wasted' years before then very keenly!

Despite the fact that the survey makes general sense, and is probably generally in the right ball park, I see the sense behind Le Bon's quote all the more keenly the older I get. Sex is the one gift given to us humans that is so exquisitely divine, and which reminds us of why we're here in the first place.

Reactions: supersecretlemur

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This!!!! :)

When work, household stuff and everything else isn't in the picture, there is more time for sex!
That's why I love vacations so much! Sexy time! :D

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Factoring in 2 people working full time, factoring in one hour + commuting time , a household to manage and then add in a child or 2. Then 1 or 2 times a week on average is probably about right. As far as the happy part that can vary per couple. Most important thing is that even unlimited sex does not guarantee a relationship will be happy or even last.

supersecretlemur

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Valley of the Sun Mobile Home Park (United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Maybe I'm simply in the minority here in that I think the whole premise of "happy" is flawed, especially in regards to sexual desires/needs. I just think there is too much variance in sex itself as well as "happiness" to draw any sort of meaningful scientific conclusion from.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe I'm simply in the minority here in that I think the whole premise of "happy" is flawed, especially in regards to sexual desires/needs. I just think there is too much variance in sex itself as well as "happiness" to draw any sort of meaningful scientific conclusion from.
Maybe you're right. I'm just saying the conclusions don't sound crazy to me.

supersecretlemur

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reactions: lapdog2001

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
me and mrs usually did it once a day, usually more. it wasn't uncommon to start the day, lunch, after work, and before bed. 4 times a day, more on the weekend. any less and I think my wife would have been looking elsewhere. she told me early in our relationship that she wanted my big dick a lot. another couple we were best friends with, were shocked when they found out how much we fucked. apparently, we fucked more in a day than they did in a week. and our weekend fucking exceeding their monthly total.

Trott.lint

Cherished Member
Media
me and mrs usually did it once a day, usually more. it wasn't uncommon to start the day, lunch, after work, and before bed. 4 times a day, more on the weekend. any less and I think my wife would have been looking elsewhere. she told me early in our relationship that she wanted my big dick a lot. another couple we were best friends with, were shocked when they found out how much we fucked. apparently, we fucked more in a day than they did in a week. and our weekend fucking exceeding their monthly total.

The only response to that is: Fuck!

Reactions: lapdog2001

supersecretlemur

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Proof to that one can train their body to handle such "abuse."