Artificial enhancements and dealbreakers

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
Ladies,

Let's say you meet a guy who is excellent physically in every way; a real catch, both publicly and privately. But then you find out that some attribute of this Adonis is actually the result of plastic surgery or some other treatment; in other words, he is naturally deficient in some way, and has addressed his flaw through some artificial means. Which of these (some of which are science-fictional, but probable in the next couple of decades) would be a big turn-off, possibly even a dealbreaker, for you? I'm not saying that Mr. Adonis has all of these at the same time:

- his head hair is the result of hair replacement / Bosley / similar programs
- he uses Minoxidil every day
- he's had work on his face to give him strong cheekbones / jaw
- he uses contact lenses for those entrancing eyes of his
- he wears dental veneers
- he waxes his chest hair
- he waxes his back hair
- he's had liposuction done on his belly
- he has butt implants
- his large penis is half silicone-implant
- his balls are artificially augmented
- he has calf implants (they actually do this!)

I ask because it remains an open debate when considered for women; for example, many men like me find breast implants a bit of a lie and might stop dating a woman if she revealed that, yes, she had her breasts enlarged. But the technology and prevalence of male plastic surgery seems a bit lackluster compared to the many women who've had work done, and so the debate hasn't been turned around much.

Thanks!
Kevbo

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I prefer natural myself. Everyone has flaws of some sort. I doubt it would bother me unless it was an out of control situation. Well....I don't think the chest, face, etc. Implants are sexy and would probably turn me off if I touched him and he felt like plastic.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Waxing might be a deal breaker for me because I I love body hair. I don't discriminate against guys with less but if he naturally has the body hair that I love but removes it I think that would piss me off.

For the rest of it I wouldn't have a problem if there were an area or few that he had been bothered by and found a way to correct so long as it didn't feel weird to the touch.
If it was a never ending string of modifications and he was never satisfied with himself then I'd find his lack of self esteem very unappealing.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ladies,

Let's say you meet a guy who is excellent physically in every way; a real catch, both publicly and privately. But then you find out that some attribute of this Adonis is actually the result of plastic surgery or some other treatment; in other words, he is naturally deficient in some way, and has addressed his flaw through some artificial means. Which of these (some of which are science-fictional, but probable in the next couple of decades) would be a big turn-off, possibly even a dealbreaker, for you? I'm not saying that Mr. Adonis has all of these at the same time:

- he waxes his back hair
- he has butt implants

I ask because it remains an open debate when considered for women; for example, many men like me find breast implants a bit of a lie and might stop dating a woman if she revealed that, yes, she had her breasts enlarged. But the technology and prevalence of male plastic surgery seems a bit lackluster compared to the many women who've had work done, and so the debate hasn't been turned around much.

Thanks!
Kevbo
So much for the inside being what really counts.
My guess is, from reading in this site, that if size doesnt matter too much for women, then most of those things wont either, as long as he is a responsible, respectful, person.

Most of that stuff sounds like maintenece stuff anyway. Unless you want to get all "Gattaca" on someone and go gene be gene.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
None of those would be a turn off for me.If he did one/any/all of those things then as long as he did it for himself (to make himself feel btter) then that's ok by me.It is his body and it's up to him what he does with it.

Just like i do to mine whatever i want to.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As long as it all feels natural, and looks natural, it wouldn't bother me enough to break things off. But if this was something I discovered on my own by exploring his boday with my hands or mouth, I would be very turned off. I don't see how the evening could get much further, far less a relationship.

B_FatMushroomHead

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
FYI, Some very relevant info about OP:

- he waxes his back hair
- he has butt implants

Just sayin.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it's not the ops, etc that are a turn off in themselves. it's the unnatural and unhealthy attitude to body image that would make someone do some of these.

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
FYI, Some very relevant info about OP:

- he waxes his back hair
- he has butt implants

Just sayin.

:rolleyes: Actually, none of it's true for me, I did not have a personal agenda in asking. I've just been debating the female version of it with some friends and I wondered how it would work if the tables were turned.

If a woman told me, up front (ahem), that she had breast implants, then I would be more accepting of them. If she hid this fact until we progressed to a physical relationship, I would feel somewhat swindled and probably turned off. It's not that I hate small-breasted women (I certainly don't), but one's build/appearance and first-impression is an inescapable part of how your feelings towards them form. What is the "truth" of someone?

Where do we draw the line between artificiality and legitimate self-improvement? Everyone's a little different. A bodybuilder is usually admired, at least so far as acknowledging that he/she worked strenuously to get the shape he/she has attained. Unless... he/she used steroids. He/she still worked at it, but probably not nearly as hard, and with much "better" results to boot. Sounds more efficient, but many otherwise admirers would be turned off if they knew about the 'roids.

Dental braces? Most think that's fine. Botox? Hmmm. Facelift? Double-hmmm.

If a guy did PE successfully through jelqing or some other technique that was akin to bodybuilding, I don't think I've known or met a woman who would have trouble with it. But if the guy had an operation (say, to cut the suspending ligament and inject fat) for PE, I think you would start to see some dissension. And if the doctors-that-be actually come up with a penile implant that works fine, looks natural, and retains sensation, even if the guy looks "normal" (hung, but in a normal-looking way), I'm thinking that a significant amount of women would find it kind of icky. (The votes here don't support that conclusion, but the women here -- bless 'em! -- are not your typical cross-section. I admit I could be reading things completely wrongly.)

Kevbo

Kevbo

B_FatMushroomHead

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
:rolleyes: Actually, none of it's true for me, I did not have a personal agenda in asking. I've just been debating the female version of it with some friends and I wondered how it would work if the tables were turned.

If a woman told me, up front (ahem), that she had breast implants, then I would be more accepting of them. If she hid this fact until we progressed to a physical relationship, I would feel somewhat swindled and probably turned off. It's not that I hate small-breasted women (I certainly don't), but one's build/appearance and first-impression is an inescapable part of how your feelings towards them form. What is the "truth" of someone?

Where do we draw the line between artificiality and legitimate self-improvement? Everyone's a little different. A bodybuilder is usually admired, at least so far as acknowledging that he/she worked strenuously to get the shape he/she has attained. Unless... he/she used steroids. He/she still worked at it, but probably not nearly as hard, and with much "better" results to boot. Sounds more efficient, but many otherwise admirers would be turned off if they knew about the 'roids.

Dental braces? Most think that's fine. Botox? Hmmm. Facelift? Double-hmmm.

If a guy did PE successfully through jelqing or some other technique that was akin to bodybuilding, I don't think I've known or met a woman who would have trouble with it. But if the guy had an operation (say, to cut the suspending ligament and inject fat) for PE, I think you would start to see some dissension. And if the doctors-that-be actually come up with a penile implant that works fine, looks natural, and retains sensation, even if the guy looks "normal" (hung, but in a normal-looking way), I'm thinking that a significant amount of women would find it kind of icky. (The votes here don't support that conclusion, but the women here -- bless 'em! -- are not your typical cross-section. I admit I could be reading things completely wrongly.)

Kevbo

Kevbo

K, neat but you sure know a LOT about this shit for not having done it. ...sayin...