As I suspected and told a few people my grandpa passed

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
away last night during the night. I just want to say thank you to those who have been so supportive the past few months.

My mom and aunt are going to tell my grandma this morning. He had a long and good life until the last few years. I am glad he is finally at peace as he has been suffering a long time. He died peacefully at the nurse's station surrounded by the staff. I guess it was his choice not to have family there or grandma.

I'm still kind of numb...as most of you know I took care of my grandma for a year and helped grandpa with weekly stuff during that time. I was very close to them and very greatful to have such great grandparents. I learned many things from my grandpa and he was very loved and respected.

SSBrownBear

Experimental Member
Media
I'm a big fan of grandparents and thank God I knew my great grand-father and had both my grandmothers and my granddad into adulthood - I'm 48 and lost my last grandmother just a couple of years ago. It's sometimes hard to believe they're all gone now. My sister's grandchildren are surrounded by all of their grands and great grands - what a gift!

Deepest sympathy to you in your loss and great joy for the gift you've had for some many years.

SSBB

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am really sorry for your loss.

I had been following what writings on the subject and as I understood it he was suffering in the last few months, so I am glad he is past it and in a better place.

Your grandfather and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a big fan of grandparents and thank God I knew my great grand-father and had both my grandmothers and my granddad into adulthood - I'm 48 and lost my last grandmother just a couple of years ago. It's sometimes hard to believe they're all gone now. My sister's grandchildren are surrounded by all of their grands and great grands - what a gift!

Deepest sympathy to you in your loss and great joy for the gift you've had for some many years.

SSBB

thank you. i am glad I had the opportunity to know and have them around as long as I did. Very greatful my son had the opportunity to know them as well as he did!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am really sorry for your loss.

I had been following what writings on the subject and as I understood it he was suffering in the last few months, so I am glad he is past it and in a better place.

Your grandfather and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers

thanks for the thoughts and prayers we appreciate them!

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:frown1:
I hope you are feeling ok. But, he is in a WAY better place now. He will see you when ever he wants now. That is how I feel about my grandma..." She lived to 90 years old!!:eek: That old lady lived forever!!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THatGak,

I know you feel numb. YOu have just lost someone who was a big part of your life. It will take time to deal with the loss. Dont be surprised at any time you feel like you may want to cry. It is a normal part of the grieving process. I express my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
tg,
May the good Lord receive him in His loving arms. Is your grandmother still living at her home?
thank you. No they have been in the same nursing home different floors and care levels for about 9 months. Both have/had been in hospice care since Dec.

I took care of grandma for a year to keep her out of skill nursing care and also did things for grandpa on an almost daily basis. He lived 1/2 a mile away at an independant care facility until he finally agreed to follow grandma to the nursing home. I'm greatful for the time with them though it was stressful! Most people don't get the opportunity to know their grandparents so well or their children to know their greatgrandparents.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sorry to hear about this, tg.
You say, in his long life, he earned the love and respect of many people.
That's about the best you can say about a life.
You're lucky to have had such a grandfather, and it sounds like he was lucky to have had you.
Take care, tg.