Asexuality, Does It Exist?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What do you think?

Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think if no animals are asexual then no humans are. There are gay animals, gay humans. Bi animals and bi humans. But asexuality?

Discuss!

I don't know. I guess only those who may have experienced this can know for sure.

I kinda wish I was one. Then my mind would be free from all this tormenting bullshit...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I have known a couple of people who weren't interested in sex and thought some mild questioning about boyfriends or dates left them wondering about the "and then what...?" part.

No ripple of eros, no inclination. Like dating an elf and you have all the fun and laughs and closeness and there's no sly twinkle in their eyes, no alluded to kiss no words with shades of suggestion.

It isn't that they're missing anything: they don't care. And as someone whose desires spring into action a couple of times a day, I couldn't comprehend not being interested.

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure it has to be the result of some kind of horrific trauma, TK, but I do agree that it must exist. I think it's just a personal mindset, where one doesn't feel one way or another about sex. Sex is neither good nor bad, it just is. I don't think asexual people are actually upset about being asexual, though. I'm trying to think of a good example...I'll get back to y'all.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So...you think it exists?

Or is it not more likely that:

They have psychological issues
Hormonal imbalance
Not fully sexually aware
Not met someone they are sexually attracted to and turned on by?

The Tooth Fairy has a name, but she doesn't exist. asexuality, no one is sure either way. But I think everyone has some sexuality in them. Maybe asexual people have a really low sex drive or a dislike of sex for whatever reason.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No lie, kid. And if THAT's what women need to get off these days, I'm out. I'm gonna fold my hand and move to the mountains.

Don't call your real estate agent just yet.

Believe me, that's not what all women (nor even most women) want or need to get off. But there are some for whom such a giant cock fulfills their every wish.

For every woman like that, there are a thousand who aren't. You can't win them all, so no need to be dramatic over the few for whom you (this includes me) don't measure up. Given that women who crave these sizes are rare, and the cocks themselves are probably just as rare (if not moreso), we should rejoice in their happiness when they find one another.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Believe me, that's not what all women (nor even most women) want or need to get off. But there are some for whom such a giant cock fulfills their every wish.

For every woman like that, there are a thousand who aren't. You can't win them all, so no need to be dramatic over the few for whom you (this includes me) don't measure up. Given that women who crave these sizes are rare, and the cocks themselves are probably just as rare (if not moreso), we should rejoice in their happiness when they find one another.

Amen! It makes me feel good when I hear that a pot has found it's lid! :biggrin1:

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Aye, lad, I follow your reasoning. I just hope it doesn't turn into a trend, comprende? lol

Amen! It makes me feel good when I hear that a pot has found it's lid! :biggrin1:

Or the glove fitting the hand. I think that's a better comparison, darlin' heart.

and it is a wonderful thing when the hot dog fills the bun (I could keep this up all night...among other things).

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know someone who claims to have never had a sex drive. She claims to have been in love (unrequited) once, though. I have been snail mail pen pals with her since the early 80s, and in the time I've known her she has not been on a single date, but she is unconcerned about that.

I find that incomprehensible myself, since I have a very high sex drive - which can sometimes be more of a curse than a blessing!

Another friend of mine was once married to a man who appeared to be asexual. They didn't consummate their marriage until 9 months into it, and he'd expressed no interest in sex. She divorced him for this among other reasons, and seems to have been more fortunate with her choice for second husband.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Case closed.

LOL - oh, and supposedly, the film "It's Pat" was the most unsuccessful movie in movie history...

But for the record, Pat is androgynous, not asexual. They are two different things. Androgynous people can and usually do have sex drives. I am psychologically "androgynous" myself, although physically I look more "typically" female.