ashamed of bulge

rawkstar: Something I've noticed is a lot of people here don't mind showing their bulges. I, on the other hand, try to hide mine as much as possible. I definalty don't have anything to be ashamed of, but I just don't like to show it for some reason. The worse is in running shorts when I go out for a run. Everyone on the street can see it - it's plainly obvious. I know I should be flattered at the stares and stuff, but it makes me uncomfortable. Does anyone else feel this way? Should I try to show it more? I guess the point is I don't really know why I'm always trying to hide it.

(my first topic!)

spike: i feel your pain...i am a private person, and i kind of "hide" myself. I do not think of it as being ashamed...and i am not ashamed. I do not want to be prejudged be others, and being anything, based on what is in my pants. I don't know why u are hiding it...but if u are comfortable the way u are now keep on doin what u are doin....aite yo

emilywee: i know this might make matters more confusing, but i like seeing bulges on guys as long as they have good figures and are in their own way attractive. if that's the case, i think bulges are really sexy. when i see an attractive guy i always look for it.

nacard01: My perspective on this issue is actually starting to change thanks to some of the support and comments I have gotten from LPSG members.

I do not like the attention however, it is my life and my body. Should I suffer and try to hide my package from people who may or may not notice? I do not know for sure yet but I think I am on the verge of just saying, screw it and doing whatever I want to do to be happy and comfortable. The ramifications of people seeing or saying something I can deal with in the after math.

Kermit

Valkyrie: I'd imagine this is somewhat similar to being large breasted as a woman. The analogy is not 100% as it is more accepted to show breasts/cleavage than a bulge - but I believe there are enough similarities to warrant a comparison.

For the record - I'm at a 32F/32G depending on the bra, thus a substantial amount up there... :) The way I reason is that I will not hide them. They are the size they are, they will show to some extent no matter what I do and if people take offense or think it's inappropriate it really is their problem.

With that said - I won't go around flaunting them - think for example at work - but I'm surely not going to tie them down or otherwise try to minimize them. I'll not have cleavage down to my navel for work or otherwise "civilized" (in lack of better words) settings. For situations that call for it and can handle them showing - think clubs, going out - I dress them up for the occasion and the mood I'm in.

I would like to imagine that a similar approach could be acceptable for larger guys. You wouldn't wear your tightest, most crotch-hugging jeans to work - but you might to a bar or club. You wouldn't dress to obviously show a bulge when going to a family dinner - but you might when you have a date with your partner. It's the way you're built, why try to pretend that you're not because of what people might say?

/Val

DerSchwanz: You're all making very good points, but, unlike a display of large breasts, a display of bulge is generally considered obscene by a lot of people.

I try to hide mine as much as possible, but on those occasions where I haven't done an effective enough job, I'll sometimes notice a look of mild disgust from others.

True, technically there's nothing I should be ashamed of. I never deliberately flaunt it by, say, freeballing in sweatpants, which is begging for trouble. I just don't think I want strangers having that much -- too much -- information about me.

rawkstar: nacard, I know what you mean when you say that your opinions on the subject are changing, mine seem to be also. When I am at the beach I kinda like showing it. I think that a lot of my reasons is because a lot of my school's uniforms (I go to a certain well known military college, lol), include white pants that show EVERYTHING. And it isn't very becoming of a cadet to have a big bulge showing :D! At clubs though I don't mind nearly as much. So I guess it just depends. But around friends I HATE to show a buldge.

ace420: I think that you have to do what you are comfortable with.

I too am ashamed of my big bulge and would not dream of displaying it. But for those who do, that is great. I can never bring myself to wear certain clothes.

huge_cock_have_pic: I can't say I mind the bulge that much, other than when I am at work. There is too much at risk to be showing off at work. Elsewhere it is different. It is part of who I am. It is a part of my sexuality and it has no doubt affected my personality. I don't necessarily stick it down the leg of a tight pair of jeans but I don't go out of my way to "strap it down" so it wont be at all obvious. What it boils down to, like most other things, is balance.

tigerwolf: Having a big bulge and showing it is great if you're cute. ^_^ Hell. I love staring at attractive young guys who are hung, as much as I like being stared at myself. :)

Tender: hm i think there is a big difference in being ashamed and just being a more reserved person..ie, private.
just because you are uncomfortable showing, doesnt mean you are ashamed of it?
you shouldnt be ashamed of it, that is a part of you, the way you are made. on the other hand i would try to minimize it within reasonable and comfortable limits...

Tender

Charles88: I get really turned on by letting other people seeing my bulge and by knowing that other people can see it or are looking at it. In the showers at the gym or in my dorm , it is really interesting to see people's responses.

47boreas: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=clothing;num=1066792676;start=0#4 date=10/22/03 at 05:47:31]I would like to imagine that a similar approach could be acceptable for larger guys. You wouldn't wear your tightest, most crotch-hugging jeans to work - but you might to a bar or club. You wouldn't dress to obviously show a bulge when going to a family dinner - but you might when you have a date with your partner. It's the way you're built, why try to pretend that you're not because of what people might say?

/Val[/quote]

Val, I agree with you.

Rawkstar, do not try to hide it when you are in your leisure-time activities for you shall get used to it.  I have many kind of experiences as I am over middle-aged. My bulge is my business. Of course I live in a different kind of culture, in Scandinavia. I have worn at present spacious dark-blue pants when I am working. In spite of it this week some people, men and women, stared at my bulge when I walked in the hall at my working place.

Boreas

aj2181: I think I've responded to this sort of topic before. when i did i think i said the same old cliche "dont be ashamed of it".

I think i've changed my opinion a little. You should do what feels best for you. If your uncomfortable about showin it don't. If you feel like you shouldn't be ashamed but are...thats a problem only you can work out. We are who we are and theres nothin to feel ashamed however ..your feelings are the most important and you need to focus on you.

nacard01: today I stopped by to say hello to a friend who just got back from midterm break who lives down the hall
he didnt know about me
i happen to be wearing sweatpants
i dont think at first he noticed but then i noticed him looking
he didnt freak
its normally when you talk to someone they look at your face
he was talking and looking down at the same time
i am not sure if he will say anything later or even mention it
the point is
it made me real self conscious
he is a pretty decent friend so I tend to get a little more cautious about my influence on others in relation to my bulge but at the time i didnt even think about it

Kermit

ish789: ugh well i had a problem today with my baggiest shorts. You could see the bulge even when i stretched them down or raised them a bit. Nothing seemed to work and these are size 38-40 from 32-34. I mean it was obvious one of my friends even said "damn dude what girl did u see' i didnt figure it out until later when i was standing by a mirror. Im just wondering is there anyway to hide it. *the accursed bulge*

tigerwolf: Dude. Why worry about hiding it? People are going to look anyways. Don't go out of your way to hide it. If it shows, it shows. Just wear what's comfortable to you.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hiding your bulge is just like pretending to be stupid when your'e really smart. Guys have bulges some more than others. Some people are smarter than others...some better looking go with what you got and be happy with it.
Some guys even try to make their bulges look bigger

tigerwolf: *rofl* No. Its not like playing stupid when you're smart. I do that in real life because stupid people have less expected of them.

Its more like trying to hide being beauty by pretending to be ugly, in my opinion.

Javierdude22: [quote author=tigerwolf link=board=clothing;num=1066792676;start=0#18 date=10/28/03 at 16:44:16]*rofl* No. Its not like playing stupid when you're smart. I do that in real life because stupid people have less expected of them.
[/quote]

Uhm...care to explain?