Ashkenazi Jews and intelligence

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did Discrimination Enhance Intelligence of Jews?

FuturePundit: On The Evolution Of Ashkenazi Jewish Intelligence

Jewish intelligence, Jewish genes, and Jewish values. - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine

Always one to challenge the PCness of this world, I found this interesting article and research.

Why can't we talk about intelligence as having a genetic component? If we can talk about a race, the Ashkenazi Jew, as having elevated intelligence, why can't we talk about races that are possibly not as intelligent?

You may not want to talk about it, it might be abhorrent and repellant but that does not make it wrong. To deny that there are physical differences between races, when clearly they are visible to the naked eye is just completely intellectually dishonest.

Here we have evidence of a genetic change in less than 15 hundred years in the level of intelligence of one race of people. To think that populations that have lived apart from each other for 70000 years have not had genetic drift in several physical components is ludicrous.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
If we can move the discussion for a moment from intelligence to achievement, I note that Jews are 100-fold over-represented among the ranks of Nobel Prize winners.
One person in 500 in this world is a Jew.
One in five Nobel Prize winners is Jewish.
This is extraordinary, and testament of sumpin ...

lipollo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We cannot question intelligence having a genetic component because it will unravel the myth that we are all 'special' and all have 'equal opportunity' in the same way that we have finally unravelled the myth of 'multiculturalism'.

However thats not to say that upbringing does not factor heavily. Personally I believe that Ashkenazi Jews brought up to understand commerce and be literate gave them a huge advantage in gaining the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's a testament to drive, pushed by high expectations on the part of their families who value academic excellence and intellectualism.

Their high achievements are an artifact of their culture, not their genetics.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If we can move the discussion for a moment from intelligence to achievement, I note that Jews are 100-fold over-represented among the ranks of Nobel Prize winners.
One person in 500 in this world is a Jew.
One in five Nobel Prize winners is Jewish.
This is extraordinary, and testament of sumpin ...

Ash Jews in England have recieved I believe 5 of the 70 Nobel prize winners in Britain were Ash Jews.

ScienceDirect - Intelligence : On the high intelligence and cognitive achievements of Jews in Britain

We don't want to talk about the sumpin now, do we?

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We can talk about the polluted gene pool that gave birth to you.

The Ashkenazi are not a race but an ethnic group.

I am comfortable with ethnic group, as separate from Sephardic Jews. Fr these issues it makes no difference. They lived as an isolated genetic group, with an inter marry percentage ofess than .05 %.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
It's a testament to drive, pushed by high expectations on the part of their families who value academic excellence and intellectualism.

Their high achievements are an artifact of their culture, not their genetics.

I think you're largely right, Bbucko.
But they do have the highest average IQ of any group.
I think powerful selective pressures have resulted, over time, in a genetic advantage, no less than a cultural advantage.
But sure ... they're both there.

We don't want to talk about the sumpin now, do we?

Pleez, chaz.
Be decent.

We're not allowed to discuss this.
Partly because intelligence is such a holy grail, that we can say, Oh we're just following the thin red line of objective observation ... but at the end of the day, the sorting we make according to intelligence is brutal.
I understand that.
I also despise PC thinking.
But there you have it.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We cannot question intelligence having a genetic component because it will unravel the myth that we are all 'special' and all have 'equal opportunity' in the same way that we have finally unravelled the myth of 'multiculturalism'.

However thats not to say that upbringing does not factor heavily. Personally I believe that Ashkenazi Jews brought up to understand commerce and be literate gave them a huge advantage in gaining the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Being strong in commerce and literate to my way of thinking does not translate to abstract thinking needed for physics and math.

Or this:

Jewish World Chess Champions

47% of the world undisputed chess champions were Ashkenazi Jewish!! Thats stunning.

Or this:

http://www.jinfo.org/Physicists.html

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think you're largely right, Bbucko.
But they do have the highest average IQ of any group.
I think powerful selective pressures have resulted, over time, in a genetic advantage, no less than a cultural advantage.
But sure ... they're both there.

The ability to test well isn't an inherited genetic quality, Rubes, any more than being able to balance a checkbook or keep a clean house.

IQ measures one's ability to take the test in question, that's all.

Pleez, chaz.
Be decent.

We're not allowed to discuss this.
Partly because intelligence is such a holy grail, that we can say, Oh we're just following the thin red line of objective observation ... but at the end of the day, the sorting we make according to intelligence is brutal.
I understand that.
I also despise PC thinking.
But there you have it.

I don't think it's PC to remind everyone that millions of lives were lost in the 1940s because some people had quaint ideas about genetic superiority.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope, that was intended for the OP

Nope not Jewish.

More interesting stats: Jewish Nobel Prize Winners

Its one thing to say culture pushes people to learn. I can buy that. Its a helluva leap tho to say being pushed hard helped Ash Jews come up with all the abstract thought necessary to get the *Theory of Relativity* in physics.

Or garner what seems to about 25% of the Nobel prizes in science when you represent an infintesimal (sp) amount of the world population.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Nope not Jewish.

More interesting stats: Jewish Nobel Prize Winners

Its one thing to say culture pushes people to learn. I can buy that. Its a helluva leap tho to say being pushed hard helped Ash Jews come up with all the abstract thought necessary to get the *Theory of Relativity* in physics.

Or garner what seems to about 25% of the Nobel prizes in science when you represent an infintesimal (sp) amount of the world population.

Funny enough Wyld you aren't smart enough to comment on how intelligent jews or blacks are. At best you're a reporter of test results and hardly an interpreter of them.

There is a certain braggadocio that just plainly disqualifies your from being anything more than simply hot air. You are actually Salieri to your self perception as Mozart. Talented but incomplete.

Differences in races/ethnicities regarding IQ are more nurture than nature orientated. And Saletan is a dick who quotes racist literature igorantly. Fucking loser wannabe scientist ignoramus.

And Saletan it probably into small penis humiliation and being cuckold while he watches.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Black people are smart as whips... they can do anything that they want to do.

And you are also right about Jewish people, but you don't have to talk about the "European" Jews, all Jews are more or less brilliant people. They have a surefire way of imparting wisdom from generation to generation which has payed off in a really big way.

Modern life would be nothing without Jews and Blacks, they have enhanced our way of life immeasurably. American culture is pretty much Jewish and Black culture.