Ashton Kutcher in deal to replace Charlie Sheen:

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by youngdumbfullofcum, May 13, 2011.

1. youngdumbfullofcum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Ashton Kutcher was reported on Thursday to have signed a deal to replace Charlie Sheen in a revamped version of top-rated U.S. television comedy "Two and A Half Men."

Deadline Hollywood said Kutcher, 33, the husband of actress Demi Moore, had signed a deal to join the cast of the CBS show when it returns for a ninth season.

The Hollywood Reporter said the "That '70s Show" actor was in final negotiations on Thursday night.

CBS and "Two and a Half Men" producers Warner Bros. Televison declined to comment on the reports, which came a week before CBS -- the most-watched U.S. broadcast network -- presents its new season line-up to advertisers in New York on May 18.

Sheen was fired in March from his starring role as a womanizing bachelor after weeks of erratic behavior and for publicly insulting the producers. Production was also shut down for the remaining eight episodes of the 2010-11 TV season.

Producers have since been scrambling to retool the money-spinning show without Sheen, or add new characters. On Wednesday, industry sources said British actor Hugh Grant had pulled out of negotiations citing "creative differences."

Kutcher is best known for his role as a dim-witted stoner in "That '70s Show," a comedy that aired for eight seasons on Fox and remains popular in syndication. His movie career has been less successful. He was last seen in the January romantic comedy "No Strings Attached" opposite Natalie Portman. He was an early adopter of Twitter, with a huge following of 6.8 million people.

"Two and A Half Men" is the most-watched TV comedy in the United States with about 15 million regular viewers and has been a lucrative source of advertising revenue for CBS, and syndication fees for Warner Bros.

Sheen, 45, who has been in and out of drug rehab for the last 12 months, was the highest-paid actor on U.S. television, earning more than $1.2 million per episode.

Warner Bros. last month strongly denied claims by Sheen that the studio was in talks to reinstate him, and said there was no chance of him returning to the show.

2. parr

parr New Member

Proof that anybody is expendable.:biggrin1:

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Hugh Grant was the first choice who turned the job down.(who I think could have done an outstanding job with the shows transition) Unfortunately I don't think the Mr. Kutcher has what it takes to carry the show even with an outstanding ensemble cast.

4. hud01

Gold Member

Agreed. He is best as the total CF, not as a babe magnet, who is worth millions.

5. autoballer

autoballer Member

Albums:
    my friends and i met ashton on chatroullete it was cool he was at a japanese disaster benefit a while back, he poped a bottle of champagn and he drank with us...true story!

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Ashton Kutcher may be able to pull this out. Not sure. Although I have to agree with nudeyorker... Hugh Grant would have been a brilliant choice for the role if he would have taken it.

7. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not enough tiger blood? :biggrin1:

I agree with the Hugh Grant assessment though I'm willing to give Kutcher the benefit of the doubt. I've read he'll be a new character, not Sheen's replacement, which is probably best.

Draft saved Draft deleted