Asian Gay / Straight Men

Gdmuscle

Just Browsing
Media
Here's a topic that hasn't been addressed as of yet. As you know in the gay community even in the straight Asian men are generally stereotyped more often than any other race. What's your views, opinions, experiences and your own idea of what attracts you to a particular ethnic group.

My experienced had been quite diverse on this topic being a Gay Male Pacific Islander with a mixture of Hispanic but with I was told Asian looking eyes. This topic to me as a person raised more heartache and distaste for some attitudes I have encoutered. For the most part being a minority it kept me from meeting the guys I have most attraction for. It so seems that although in Canada as diverse as it is there is still that taboo of being with another race, which is looked upon as not normal or just exotic.

These ethnic groups are used as a guide for preference because of what they usually have between their legs. Just to make sure you understand what I'm getting at here we are judge for our attractiveness usually for what we have dangling between our legs.

Having met many white males and other ethnic backgrounds I found that about only 2% of the males I have met are hung larger than 7inches where most are between 5 and 6 inches about 90% are circumsized. So where is this stereotype coming from, since the last white male I have dated was about 5 inches fully erect?

Gdmuscle
5'8" 46c 18a 32w 180lbs of muscle and 7x5cut oh did I say Pacific Islander. ;)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, it comes from the fact that generally men along the Pacific Rim are shorter than men in the West. It's especially true as you start getting into Hmong territory and all points south; in jungles (oh, sorry, rain forests) thruoghout the world, insects are a common source of sustenance. So while a Japanese man might, on average, be a couple centimetres shorter than an American man, a Vietnamese man is 12.5 cm shorter. The exception to this rule, for North Pacific countries at least, is North Korea, where the average man is 25 cm shorter than the average American man.

But there are a lot of variables in height. Men in the Dark Ages averaged 183 cm. By the 19th century, men in Europe averaged 152 cm. Postwar Europe has surpassed America in this regard by a fair margin, due primarily to social medicine. (The average Dutchman is 187 cm tall.) There are also genetic variables; I mean, as many of you know, I grew up in South Dakota. And, as you probably know, reservations aren't exactly the healthiest places to live; the typical prisoner has better health care, and the BIA's always renting land off to industry. (Theoretically, the tribe gets the profit. In practice, embezzlement is common. Theoretically, they'll employ Indians; in practice, they bring in their own people.) Yet we're still taller than most of America on average.

Gdmuscle

Just Browsing
Media
Jonb,

Your right at the height of men in most of Northern and many parts of Asia, also you can see that variation in many cultures as well. But are these height in men generally what accounts for preferences? Let's be honest here what really are gay men or straight women looking for in men? Is it their height, face, money, or the size of their package? What is the whole thing about the issues of some that find it hard to be attracted to Asian men and why most White Or Western Men prefer women from asia, but Western Women prefer to be with White or Black? So is the whole thing about stereotypes and what Western society is led to believe that most Asian men are sexually inadequate?

As you can already see I am an exception to the rule, as I am hung appropriately, so to speak. I'm not quite sure also if the studies that have been done on many aspects about men, is totally accurate. Most Asian cultures are very conservative and find it hard to attend these studies simply because of their culture differences. There you can't get an accurate measure of the average or differences in society. As Western men generally like to attend these studies because of their uninhibited sexual nature. Meaning that most Western men don't mind whipping their willies out to have it measured where as most Asian men find it more of a taboo.

I hope by creating this post many Westerners find that we aren't all the different from each other and maybe the stereotypes that has been given Asian men are myths.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
One theory I've always had about it is stereotypes. Not just size, but there's also the stereotype that Chinese men are misogynists, that Vietnamese women are whores, and that Western women have the highest status in the world.

FWIW, the repressive-restrictive-permissive-supportive continuum doesn't really fit by race. The Japanese are fairly permissive, even though the Chinese are restrictive. The Ashanti are restrictive, even though the !Kung are supportive. Americans are permissive, but there's this one island off the coast of Ireland which is extremely repressive. But then again, the RRPS continuum is itself a condensation of a variety of variables.