Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The one I keep getting is *why is a girl like you still single?*

Probably because I realize I dont need a man to be happy and whole. Maybe there is a guy out there who will make me change my single status. But I'm going to have fun until he comes into orbit.

Being seen as damaged goods or too flawed for any man to want me is ridiculous. It's offensive as fuck. May as well say *hey pretty little lady where is your daddy to give you permission to talk to a man?*

Condescending bastards. Am I the only one that gets asked this?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don’t get asked that anymore. People assume I’m married or in a LTR. I guess I just give off that vibe. I think when a women is younger, people are more curious, at least they were when I was in my thirties and younger. Of, course at that point, I was looking.

It’s stupid, though. It’s like a woman can’t be happy unless she’s paired up. Unless she’s in a matched set. I’m pretty happy I give off the sense that I’m complete, that there’s nothing missing.

And it’s not just men that ask that question. Women would ask that question, too. They’d want to set you up with their “friends”. Guys with whom you have absolutely nothing in common with except that you both happen to be single. Urgh. Met some pretty big losers that way. Literally basement dwellers.

Anyway, for the odd time I still get asked, I just say “because I’m not interested in a relationship”.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've been asked several times in the last day why a pretty gal like me is single. They think wow all dudes must want her so what is wrong with her if no one has locked her down. I need a clever answer to scare them off. Like *Well, not all of my personalities can agree on which man could handle us all.* lol

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've been asked several times in the last day why a pretty gal like me is single. They think wow all dudes must want her so what is wrong with her if no one has locked her down. I need a clever answer to scare them off. Like *Well, not all of my personalities can agree on which man could handle us all.* lol
Say, I’m too pretty for one guy to handle! Or I’m way too much woman for one man, honey.

The one I keep getting is *why is a girl like you still single?*

Probably because I realize I dont need a man to be happy and whole. Maybe there is a guy out there who will make me change my single status. But I'm going to have fun until he comes into orbit.

Being seen as damaged goods or too flawed for any man to want me is ridiculous. It's offensive as fuck. May as well say *hey pretty little lady where is your daddy to give you permission to talk to a man?*

Condescending bastards. Am I the only one that gets asked this?
All. The. Time.

I usually answer that in a joking way, like "My prince charming is obviously riding a turtle/lost" or "Mr. Right is already late for our first fight"... or honestly "I know what I bring to the table... and I'd rather eat alone than with someone who just brings their mouth." Sometimes it's just "When I find someone who can keep up with me, then my status will change. Until then, I'm happy with my friend circle.".

I guess I don't view being single/divorced as "being seen as damaged goods". My goods aren't damaged! My goods are better than lots of women 10 years younger. It's definitely not that people think I'm too flawed. Mine is the opposite... they think I'm too good for them/they're intimidated by me. And if you're not confident/sure of yourself, then you're definitely not for me.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So here's the million dollar question!?!?!
Why do women ask asinine questions?
View attachment 6909551
No seriously!?!?!
What’s a pretty little guy like you doing wandering around in a dangerous place like this, all by your lonesome? Don’t you know you could get hurt? :imp:

INCUBUS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What’s a pretty little guy like you doing wandering around in a dangerous place like this, all by your lonesome? Don’t you know you could get hurt? :imp:

I need guidance! Guidance from a woman much like you!?!?!?
Could you? Would you show me the way? * kneels*

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Some guys actually ask that as a compliment. As, "you're so attractive/smart/cool/hot/etc. I'm surprised you don't have fifty guys waiting to fight me for you". They don't realize this question has about six thousand other interpretations...all bad....

INCUBUS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have a pretty custom pink flogger with your name on it. Her name is Princess.

Not much into pink. I prefer black! As far as dominant colours go.
So nice of you to have my name pit on it!
Just as a reminder to you, who's in charge.
Only time the INCUBUS shows any form of submission is when he allows you to peg him :cool:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Some guys actually ask that as a compliment. As, "you're so attractive/smart/cool/hot/etc. I'm surprised you don't have fifty guys waiting to fight me for you". They don't realize this question has about six thousand other interpretations...all bad....
I’ve always seen it this way, or as a lame pick up line.
At least it’s more syllables than “hey.”

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Another aspect of dudehood mingling I've been spared by living a prodimantly queer life.

I guess my answer would have been the same then as now.

"Why hasn't a man snatched you up yet?"

"Cuz it would really piss off my girlfriend"
:cool:

If I am not genuinely engaged in conversation why bother going deeper than a cheeky response. I don't care what other folks meant to imply with the question. And I don't align my worth with being paired up.