Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello Mr Black guy, I have noticed that a lot of your posts in your thread are made by black people, do you think that this is inidicative of a ghetto mentality still being prevalent in black culture today?
I think it has more to do with the fact we treat this and similar threads like a family dinner table. One person may ask a question but 6 or more people are apt to respond, assuming they know the answer.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mista Geechee, do you have good hair? It's hard for me to tell from your avatar pic? Do you find that women are attracted to you not just for your cock but your good hair?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Ah...just thought this would be a throw a way (like my suggestion for a thread "Ask a post whore anything"), but I see you are requesting substance....

...do you deal with the "n" word?

A Black man I know can't deal with Richard Pryor, another can't stand Bill Cosby, another likes SOAP's Benson.

What's the deal here?

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
unique-exposure : The pic in my avatar is like 2 years old. I was partying with some college kids that live down the street from my sisters apartment complex. And we had pizza and chicken wings and I said something like "chicken, does the black man good" and my sister got me to pose like that with the chicken wing and the sauce on my thumb, that's why it looks like I'm giving thumbs up.

NJ : I used to get hair compliments when I still had dreads a few years ago. But it's usually something about "shiny brown skin". Or being told that I was "statuesque" (6'2). Or something about my lips. But yea, I've gotten remarks about how alot of black men have sharp angles in their haircuts and hair that will stay however you put it. Yea, you could say I have good hair. Believe it or not, I used to get turned down because I'm not circumcised. As you know, that is a very different issue in the black community.

ZOS23xy : The almighty "n" word. The way you described it is pretty much how it is among blacks. My grandparents use it regularly but they are old school and from the boondocks. My momma only says it when she's really pissed. Me and my sister and older brother used to say it all the time. But me, over the last....say 4 years....I've been maaking friends and aquaintences with people of different ethnicities, so I try not to say it so I don't make people uncomfortable. Besides, I find it hypocritical when people say it bothers them, but use it behind closed doors. It doesn't really bother me unless it's a known racist or bigot using it in a snide manner. Sometimes, usually during overtime in a sports contest with the surround sound blasting, it flies outta my mouth loosely. I can't tell you how many times Nadal or Peyton Manning or Steve Nash have been given the prefix "my nigga.....". And whenever I get around the fellas from the "hood" it slips.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
It's a word that I rarely use and I use it only to reflect Lenny Bruce or Richard Pryor.
I grew up in a household were racism was embraced, and being the odd "queer" child and deaf and good looking and the fountain of abuse, I found the terminology and the attention and the mind set wrong. I locked onto this view when I was five, six years old. I've been accused of being a "nigga" lover by my relatives, but I didn't tell them I did have black boyfriend and a black girl friend at various points in my life. Why enhance their hatred?

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, funny you mention that. I'm kind of going through the same problem. This is the first time I've dated someone of a different skin color. I met her in a bookstore and started seeing her around and let go of all the silly racial hangups and dived in. She gets along fine with my sister and mother. But I haven't introduced her to my grandparents yet. There old school and not to open minded. I'm not even gonna repeat what they say when McCain comes on TV or when we're coming back from a hunt and my grandaddy sees a white DNR agent riding down the road passing us.

Personally I don't see the big deal anymore, we all came from the same common ancestor. We all started in Africa. And we're all the same species. Just with different amounts of melanin. So, in reality, we are all black inside, literally. And we are all brothers and sisters.

snobbes

Sexy Member
Media
Is it true that you really have welcome to Jamaica tattooed on your penis?
Only the jamaican brothas, and it says : "welcome to Jamaica, we all would like to wish you a pleasant stay and sincerely hope you have an happy holiday that makes you want to return to our beautiful island as soon as possible " The HUNG Jamaican brothas has a more depthgoing description of the traditional culture , topography and weather conditions as well.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do black guys tend to slouch/lean to one side when they drive? You can't all have scoliosis or orthopedic problems?:confused:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I think it has more to do with the fact we treat this and similar threads like a family dinner table. One person may ask a question but 6 or more people are apt to respond, assuming they know the answer.
I agree with you, nj. There are power in numbers and when one of us can relate to someone else's view, it has the tendency to get paid attention to more and considered harder by those seeking knowlege about it and from that comes a more true, deeper understanding of the topic.

Ah...just thought this would be a throw a way (like my suggestion for a thread "Ask a post whore anything"), but I see you are requesting substance....

...do you deal with the "n" word?

A Black man I know can't deal with Richard Pryor, another can't stand Bill Cosby, another likes SOAP's Benson.

What's the deal here?
I like this question, so here it goes. I deal with the "n" word because I choose to. When it falls from my lips, I use it to convey 'love' within my circle of friends, my family, my community. Mind you, I have not mentioned ethnicity once. I make the conscious act of using a term that was initially created to belittle and change it into something beautiful. Instead of me saying, "This is my friend, James" (which could be a light phrase and easily forgotten) I choose to say, "...man, James. That's my nigga" and in that I'm instilling in whomever I'm speaking to that James is not just an associate of mine. He's important to me. I view him as a diamond in the rough, I miss him terribly when he's gone, I'd put my life in his hands and would feel comfortable that I'd be okay in his hands.

Even with a simple greeting these emotions can be expressed while using the term. Then, when I'm with comrades that do not belong to my ethnicity and they ask why I use the word, I tell them the very reason I've just stated. Racism will only die off and fade away when we as individuals and communities and society make the choice to kill it.

I was walking home from work one night in Virginia. It was like 2 in the morning and there was a car with maybe 3 white men in it from what I could tell. My friend and I were walking, minding our business when I heard "Get out the street n********" Not for a second did I falter in my step, shake in my boots, or part my lips to respond. Now, my friend he was livid and started yelling back at the moving car going down the street in the middle of the night (WTF). That's when I checked my friend and asked him, "Is that how you view yourself? Is that why you're yelling at the night air for nothing? I didn't respond because they weren't talking to me & they weren't talking to you so you shouldn't have said anything either." I calmed my friend and he eventually understood where I was coming from. Now, had the mysterious men in the car called me by my name, then I would've responded. That's a different story.

So, I act as if it doesn't exist and hopefully, one day before I die, it won't.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it:cool: