Ask a dude from Connecticut anything

hockeycock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok. "Yankee" can refer to anyone from the Northeastern U.S. It used to be more specific (to old time laconic New Englanders, like Calvin Coolidge), and I have to say I resent the N.Y. Yankees stealing our name. Go Sox!

CT's state bird is the robin. And while I don't know how boring Connecticut sounds, it is pretty freaking boring. The only saving graces are the natural resources. Great hills, forests, rivers, beaches and harbors. Lots of great places to hike, bike, and swim. And I'm a short train ride from New York.

hockeycock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are two theories on why we're called the Nutmeg State. First, CT was a major shipping center in the 18th and 19th centuries, and the name may have come from sailors returning from their exotic voyages with nutmeg, at the time a valuable spice. There's also a myth of carpetbagging Yankee merchants peddling fake nutmeg in the South. Take your pick.

And we have plenty of cows in the eastern part of the state. UConn is located in the eastern boonies and cow-tipping is a pastime there.