Ask a dumb englishman something easy

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why do Americans call a tortoise a turtle, when clearly a turtle lives in the sea?

American is only a young country and we all know when you are young you tend to get some things wrong, maybe when they get a bit older they will learn the error of there ways, in the meantime we will have to keep trying to learn them things.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So does that explain the following:

Colour/Color
Favourite/Favorite
Aluminium/aluminum ?????

And why is it that Saville Row is in London and not in say.. St-Tropez?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why do you weigh yourselves in stones?

Why do you drive on the wrong side of the road, and why is your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car?

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So does that explain the following:

Colour/Color
Favourite/Favorite
Aluminium/aluminum ?????

Well in america they don't have that many sheep so they have to be carefull with there ewes, they don't like putting there ewes next to there 'oles because they think that there ewes might fall down the 'oles and they will lose them

And why is it that Saville Row is in London and not in say.. St-Tropez?

Saville Row is the place where they make the nice mens clothes, it has to be in London because that is the place where the people need the nice clothes are ...I don't think people in St Tropez need many nice clothes

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why do you weigh yourselves in stones?

Why do you drive on the wrong side of the road, and why is your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car?

We have to weigh ourselves in stone because pebbles are a bit too small and boulders are too big

We don't drive on the wrong side of the road, it's just that the roads are built the other way round in this country, so that the right hand side is on the left.

The steering wheel is there because that's the side where the most comfy seat is.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Should i go to bed or go get myself a midnight snack?

Yes you should....oh I see. It depends which you are closer to, the fridge or your bed. If you don't know, you should measure the distance between where you are and the fridge and then measure the distance between where you are and your bed. By the time you have done this you will be really tired and should be by your bed ..I think you can figure out the rest by yourself :biggrin1:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
How are you?

I'm about 5 foot 10 today thank you

Why is a building called a building and not a built when it's finished?

A building IS called a built when it is finished, however most buildings don't get to be finished because when a building is built it means that you can't change it in anyway, because it is built already, this means that most people will pretend that there builts are still buildings even if they don't want them to be build any more just in case they want to be building more on to the building, it is not allowed to build on a built (something to do with planning regulations). It's quite simple really

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Is the word Englishman in your title an attempt to foster malicious racial hatred on LPSG?

OMG I have been found out :eek:, I thought if I didn't capitilse it nobody would notice :rolleyes: and throwing you off the scent with the dodgy spelling didn't work either, you people here are way too clever for me :redface:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't understand how is it that you are in England, and I'm in South America and we can get in contact and I can read your posts?:confused::confused::confused:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't understand how is it that you are in England, and I'm in South America and we can get in contact and I can read your posts?:confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand it either...I didn't think anybody could read my posts..I don't even know where South America is are you sure you are reading my posts I think I'm probably a figment of your imagination - keep taking the tablets :biggrin1:. I will probably go away...:rolleyes:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't understand it either...I didn't think anybody could read my posts..I don't even know where South America is are you sure you are reading my posts I think I'm probably a figment of your imagination - keep taking the tablets :biggrin1:. I will probably go away...:rolleyes:

Oh! True, I forgot to take my little coloUred pills this morning!!! My head is doing it everything!

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I demand you substitute Englishman with persons of indeterminate Anglo north eastern European isle decent... immediately.

Bloody pomms!

I would do, but I don't understand what that means...maybe it will change by itself again:confused:

I thought that pomms was like foreign apples :confused: maybe bloody pommms are a bit like blood oranges?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
why do the english always say "bloody" in everything?

once i was joking with my friend that she was a "bloody cunt." then i thought about what i said and i was like, ewww gross! i have stopped using the word "bloody" since then.