Ask a genius anything.

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Northland, technically you are correct, but dismissing someone as a genius for improper word use is similar to not respecting Yo Yo Ma for not being able to play "Devil Went Down to Georgia", but since I am a writer, I split the word up for effect. By splitting the word, I am saying WHAT SO EVER, instead of whatsoever. This makes it clear that no question is too small, odd, or whatever to not be answered.

Also, let us take a look at your post, shall we?

Hey genius wannabe-You are aware, aren't you, that what so ever is terribly wasteful? You are aware, aren't you, that WHATSOEVER, stands alone as one word and neither needs nor should be kept as three separate words?

First, there should be a comma between 'hey' and 'genius', because you are addressing a specific person.
Second, 'aren't you' is syntactically incorrect since that phrase is saying 'are not you', when it should be 'are you not'.
Third, you repeat 'you are aware, aren't you', that is wasteful.

This is how the post should have looked:

Hey, genius wannabe, [dash doesn't fit] what so ever is terribly wasteful. You are aware, aren't you, that WHATSOEVER, is [other words were unnecessary] one word and neither needs to nor should be kept as three separate words?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Having a sense of humor, and the ability to gracefully accept a poke, is one of the most likable traits a person can develop. :rolleyes:

- - - --

In other words: "Touche" and then a smile face would have been a generous answer.

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can take a joke, but it didn't seem like he was joking (sorry if you were), also, I'm an English major, I get touchy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can take a joke, but it didn't seem like he was joking (sorry if you were), also, I'm an English major, I get touchy.
Hey, that's my line; cause I was an art major :tongue: everyone knows we creative types are touchy. :biggrin1:

Intellect and soul/humanity are polar opposites.
That's not true! :mad: Where did you come up with that load of crap? I can understand you disagreeing with Trentster or any of the other erudite people on this site; however that does not mean that they lack a soul or sense of humanity.

One of the most sensitive men I have encountered here is a mathemetician, there are also quite a few sensitive engineers, philosophers, and doctors who are a lot more than just smart. They are good people. :cool:

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think he has a point, NJ. Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you have other qualities that people like. Hell, my nickname at school is Robo, because I'm cold, logical, and basically unfeeling.

To Cres:
I'll play any game, except card games of chance. I love video games (mainly because they offered me something to do since I have no friends), but I'm not as good as years of practice should've made me. I suck at chess, and games like that, though.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think he has a point, NJ. Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you have other qualities that people like. Hell, my nickname at school is Robo, because I'm cold, logical, and basically unfeeling.
That's not because you are intelligent, it's because you're an Aspie. :rolleyes: :duh:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey genius wannabe-You are aware, aren't you, that what so ever is terribly wasteful? You are aware, aren't you, that WHATSOEVER, stands alone as one word and neither needs nor should be kept as three separate words?

Northland, technically you are correct, but dismissing someone as a genius for improper word use is similar to not respecting Yo Yo Ma for not being able to play "Devil Went Down to Georgia", but since I am a writer, I split the word up for effect. By splitting the word, I am saying WHAT SO EVER, instead of whatsoever. This makes it clear that no question is too small, odd, or whatever to not be answered.

Also, let us take a look at your post, shall we?

First, there should be a comma between 'hey' and 'genius', because you are addressing a specific person.
Second, 'aren't you' is syntactically incorrect since that phrase is saying 'are not you', when it should be 'are you not'.
Third, you repeat 'you are aware, aren't you', that is wasteful.

This is how the post should have looked:

Hey, genius wannabe, [dash doesn't fit] what so ever is terribly wasteful. You are aware, aren't you, that WHATSOEVER, is [other words were unnecessary] one word and neither needs to nor should be kept as three separate words?
Well Trenster, it's this way-I too am a writer. A reasonably successful one at that. Now, as you may or not be aware, each writer has his or her own particular style. I use the - on a regular basis-always have, most likely always will-it's part of my style.

Commas? Oh please! They aren't what you have them cracked up to be. And look around, haven't you read the great works of novelists, biographers, historians and the such who either overindulge in commas or neglect them fully? (yes, that was a question).

You, know, towards, the, end, of, your, post, you, made, the huge, editorial, error, of, judgement, by, telling, me, that, my, post, should, have, looked, a, certain, way,. Fact, is, that, a, post, can, look, any, way, the, poster, darned, well, wants, it, to. (also-keep-in-mind-that-unlike-you-I-am-not-claiming-myself-to-be-a-genius---or-a-genie-either.--I/believe/I/feel/a/new/topic/coming/on.) Style-that's what it's all about, and I have style (although the jury is out as to what that style is).

(Trenster, other than my above assertion that each writer has their own style, my posting is meant to be non-attacking as I am aware that your topic is in the humor section.)
Having a sense of humor, and the ability to gracefully accept a poke, is one of the most likable traits a person can develop. :rolleyes:

- - - --

In other words: "Touche" and then a smile face would have been a generous answer.
Well said.

I once dated an English major-he frowned upon being touched (especially in the morning).

One last thing Trenster, didn't you recieve the CD of Joshua Bell, Yo Yo Ma and Charlie Daniels collaborating on DWTG?

One more last thing Trenster, I recall a vastly popular television program from years back, would you know what it was? (Here's a hint, one of the characters had a name which rhymed with yours, and John Astin was in the series.)

Yet another last thing-Are broccoli spears good weapons and were they invented by Cubby?

You would make a kick-ass technical writer, Trentster. Industry desperately needs good ones.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It continues into adulthood, I have Asburger's Syndrome. It's hard for me to make friends, or find women to date. Only had to gf's, both left me for women.

Better to be intelligent, application is better than random facts (those get you nowhere). I am still in college, studying Creative Writing.

Being a genius doesn't mean you can spell properly? It's Asperger's Syndrome.

ASPERGER'S DISORDER HOMEPAGE

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What was "here" "before" the "uni"verse ?

Do you ever wonder if there was anything before what we know as "existence". Before the universe (at least this one that we know about), what was "there" ? Or was there a beginning ? Is the concept of an end and a beginning strictly confined to the brains of humans? Some theorize that this universe originated from a single hydrogen atom. Well, if so, where did it come from? It could hold some validity since it only has one proton. But as I type this sentence, I realize that that type of reasoning is also existential of the human mind. We tend to think that things start with one then ascend. One comes before two which is before 3 and so on.

Besides, in order to incorporate hydrogen into a nuclear reaction, extreme gravity is needed. That is why it occurs naturally on the sun. So, being that a body many times the size of Earth is needed to set off a hydrogen nuclear reaction, and this supposedly was caused by atom (the primal atom theory as I call it), what created the gravity ?

To look at it with human reasoning we could say that, assuming this theory of a primal atom is true, the primal atom was promethium or technetium. Reason being that their isotopes aren't stable so they decay over time, like "dead" bodies. Or, again assuming this is true, it may have been an atom of one of the transition metals that populate that latter slots of the periodic table. Since they have a higher proton count.

But, if this is true, what caused this nuclear reaction? What force caused a nuclear reaction so strong that it projected matter for quadrillions of AU's? And where could this matter have come from?

Again, assuming this is true, if we were able to harness that type of energy we would be efficient beyond our wildest dreams, but we may not be able to handle that type of energy. We may not even know how to contain it since, after all, it is theoretical.