Ask a genius anything.

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Webster, and I completely understand writer's different styles, but I found it odd, since you yelled at me for it.
I have problems spelling (never seemed useful, since I was born after Spell check was invented.)
Unfortunately, the chicken.
I myself believe that a universe collapsed, and out of that (energy plus gravity) could have created the universe we live in now.
Ants.
Mobius Strip Geometry Generator
A progression of spheres. At least in my opinion.
-c

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What was "here" "before" the "uni"verse ?

Do you ever wonder if there was anything before what we know as "existence". Before the universe (at least this one that we know about), what was "there" ? Or was there a beginning ? Is the concept of an end and a beginning strictly confined to the brains of humans? Some theorize that this universe originated from a single hydrogen atom. Well, if so, where did it come from? It could hold some validity since it only has one proton. But as I type this sentence, I realize that that type of reasoning is also existential of the human mind. We tend to think that things start with one then ascend. One comes before two which is before 3 and so on.

Besides, in order to incorporate hydrogen into a nuclear reaction, extreme gravity is needed. That is why it occurs naturally on the sun. So, being that a body many times the size of Earth is needed to set off a hydrogen nuclear reaction, and this supposedly was caused by atom (the primal atom theory as I call it), what created the gravity ?

To look at it with human reasoning we could say that, assuming this theory of a primal atom is true, the primal atom was promethium or technetium. Reason being that their isotopes aren't stable so they decay over time, like "dead" bodies. Or, again assuming this is true, it may have been an atom of one of the transition metals that populate that latter slots of the periodic table. Since they have a higher proton count.

But, if this is true, what caused this nuclear reaction? What force caused a nuclear reaction so strong that it projected matter for quadrillions of AU's? And where could this matter have come from?

Again, assuming this is true, if we were able to harness that type of energy we would be efficient beyond our wildest dreams, but we may not be able to handle that type of energy. We may not even know how to contain it since, after all, it is theoretical.

Wanna tackle this one Trenster ?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One last thing Trenster, didn't you recieve the CD of Joshua Bell, Yo Yo Ma and Charlie Daniels collaborating on DWTG?
:yikes: The thought of such a thing existing sends shivers through my rock loving soul.
One more last thing Trenster, I recall a vastly popular television program from years back, would you know what it was? (Here's a hint, one of the characters had a name which rhymed with yours, and John Astin was in the series.)
Hmm, Trenster kinda rhymes with Munster; but John Astin starred in the Addams Family. Perhaps you are confused. It's okay, it happens to men your age. j/k :tongue:

Yet another last thing-Are broccoli spears good weapons and were they invented by Cubby?
No to both questions

Being a genius doesn't mean you can spell properly? It's Asperger's Syndrome.
I mentioned that already but they ignored me. :12:

Wrong Marley. You know that's just off the top of your head. People who think can offer reasons for compassion.
I tried to make that point as well, but was shot down. :frown1:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Trenster,

Can you answer me please'

WHY .. do the Weather Forecasters..with ALL there Satellites and Technology etc..quite often get it so WRONG..re there Predictions?
Thanks
enz

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Prepstud

THATS what i thought..re its spelt.

.Being a genius doesn't mean you can spell properly? It's Asperger's Syndrome.

HOWEVER..Our NZ Google.(and i assume theyre ALL Googly related...says that its spelt..-BOTH- ways..?
enz

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trenster, Can you answer me please'
WHY .. do the Weather Forecasters..with ALL there Satellites and Technology etc..quite often get it so WRONG..re there Predictions?
Thanks
enz
My nana used to say, "Man plans, God unplans."

I think the accuracy of the weathermen might be regional. When I lived in NJ, MA, and DC I noticed the weathermen were kinda hit or miss.

In Georgia, I have noticed they are spot on like 98% of the time. Even my mom, who never notices anything, has noticed how accurate the weather men are here.

Maybe it's because they often have severe weather here and peoples lives could literally be at stake. :dunno:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
'Aren't you' is syntactically incorrect since that phrase is saying 'are not you', when it should be 'are you not'.

I think 'aren't you' has the only kind of sanction conceivable ... use by sophisticated (and unsophisticated) users of the language.

Intellect and soul/humanity are polar opposites.

A person can sit coldly in their intellect, but that's not necessarily the case at all.

Trenster, you've titled this thread, 'Ask a genius anything.'
We speak of all kinds of genius.
What is common to all these uses of the word 'genius'?
What makes a genius a genius?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Intellect and soul/humanity are polar opposites.

I disagree.

I find a lot of folks with low intellect who don't give a rats ass about anybody but themselves.
Also, for example, MOST criminals have shocking low intelligence... how much humanity/soul can they have?

I think you can be a brilliant sociopath... or an imbecilic one.

I think you can be a warm hearted doofus... or a genius like Mozart, Einstein, Oppenheimer, Hawking, or any of a hundred other bright intellects I could name, famous for their warmth and humanity.

I think warmth and humanity are totally unrelated to intelligence...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Trenster,

Can you answer me please'

Thanks
enz

I know this one...
A little thing called sensitivity to initial conditions.
You can not know ALL the inputs to the system in sufficient detail to accurately assess their effects. The tiniest fluctuation in data... ( the proverbial butterfly's wings ) ...even a fluctuation in a decimal point so minor that you can not even calculate it... introduces enough variance in the signal to generate entirely unanticipated future results.

This results in behavior termed "chaotic" and is the basis of chaos theory.

Moreso... this is not merely a "computational limitation" in that computers can only calculate finite terms... ( they must round off pi to some fintie number of decimal places)

The fundamental tenet of chaos theory is the some system simply have so many inputs... on so many scales... that it is theoretically impossible to actually know ALL inputs.

That is, it would be physically impossible to collect enough information to accurately model the events. It takes more time and energy to capture the information than the events take to transpire.

Thus it would always take more time than you have to make any prediction of the future 100% accurate.

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mista:
I myself believe that a universe collapsed, and out of that (energy plus gravity) could have created the universe we live in now.

Rbkwp:
As others have said, weather prediction is just that, a prediction. They gather data from other locations, look at fronts coming in, wind, ect. There is just too much information to process. The other thing is, is that you might remember the incorrect predictions more than the accurate ones (a type of bias against weatherpersons).

Rubi:
That is a damn fine question. It's very hard to pin down what is a genius. The definition is a person with extraordinary intellect or creativity. But then, what is extraordinary? It's very relative. For some geniuses, it's doing something unique. For others it's just being able to solve something unsolvable. Genius is something to be decided by others.

Montana:
Some, but not all. And it's those that don't, that I don't trust.

Andyo:
Multiplication is basically how many groups of how many do you have. 1 X 1 means one group of one, and therefore there is only one. But one is such a lonely number, but then again, it's one too many for me.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks NjqT/Phil
Interesting, the difference Regions/States/Countrys
I am thoroughly dissilusiond re NZ,s often pathetic attempt at supposedly offering a service
When quite often the opposite to what they predict happens...
Geuss theyre only trying..to do there best
A Month ago they virtually failed to pre Warn a flooding.that eneded with the loss of 5 or so lives, despite saying they HAD put out such a warning
Today they predict Destruction not seen in NZ for 10 years odd/so far its about 50% true (by my reckoning)
-at least theyre starting to say now
--well there IS a possibility the Storm Bomb MAY vary its course, by a few degrees....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr/..
enz

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also Trenster, while i agree with what you say..i STILL cant get my head around the FACT that a common ole Farmer Man.. time and time again can almost readily predict a more Accurate happening re the weather.. than these Proffesional Weather Forecasters.. with the BILLIONs of $ of equipment.. at there disposal
Thanks
enz

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It just might be in NZ, in the States, it's more or less accurate. 70% range for day to day, 90ish for severe weather concerns.